Sharp Objects (HBO)

JimmyHoffa

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

why?  just your gut?

Some context and some gut.

He was part of the gang rape but doesn't boast and brag like the other dudes.  He is isolated.  He also creepily said he still thinks about Camille.  

In the last episode he seemed troubled and when Amma tried to hold his hand he pulled away.  Either he doesn't want to be associated with her or he's ashamed of something he's done.

He's a small enough character that he isn't noticed as a main suspect but he's starting to get more exposure.  After years of watching crime dramas, that makes me think he's the guy. 

20 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Some context and some gut.

Hide contents

He was part of the gang rape but doesn't boast and brag like the other dudes.  He is isolated.  He also creepily said he still thinks about Camille.  

In the last episode he seemed troubled and when Amma tried to hold his hand he pulled away.  Either he doesn't want to be associated with her or he's ashamed of something he's done.

He's a small enough character that he isn't noticed as a main suspect but he's starting to get more exposure.  After years of watching crime dramas, that makes me think he's the guy. 

solid analysis.  it’s been hard for me not to look up how this all ends.  waiting another 3 weeks is gonna be difficult.  

13 hours ago, futureman said:

so what’s the deal with ritter?  he seems insignificant and yet the camera focuses on him more than it should.  is he involved?

My gut says

Spoiler

Ritter is the killer. He's too big of an actor for this role so that's the obvious tell. As to actual evidence in the show, there isn't a lot. The last episode, they panned to him helping the the kids at the animal pen for no reason. Their house apparently backs up to the rapey woods so he has easy access. 

Amma seems messed up throughout the show. She and her friends don't seem to care that a girl their age was murdered. She explained that she wasn't really that close to her anymore but so what. A normal kid her age with any compassion/empathy would be freeked out. Instead, she and her friends roller skate in the streets after dark and talk about fucking the detective.

this show hit a brickwall several episodes ago.  the characters are not believable, they don't react to situations in a way that's normal or that anyone can identify with.

the mother just told her eldest daughter she never loved her.  nice.  i get personality quirks and smalltown eeriness, but none of these characters are relatable. 

• Like 1

It seemed like something, anything was on the verge of finally happening during the play, but it was pissant fight that broke out.  Nothing happens.  Nothing ever happens.

The mom is a grade-A cunt.  Amma seems a bit downsy.  Camille needs to tell her mom she's a worthless twat.

i kinda like the show but really wish more would actually happen. and would it be that hard to actually have a character that i like or cheer for? camille is a depressed, alcoholic, cutter. her little sister is the devil. their mom is the anti-christ. the step-dad is a cuckold. the kc cop is eh. the sheriff is an idiot. the rest of the people in the town all voted for trump, i am 100% sure. i mean there is nothing compelling about the show. it is filmed in flashbacks, current, flashforwards, dreams, shaky cam and every other possible way to make it hard to follow. and yet, i keep watching. i think i will blame it on my wife... and the hope Amy Adams gets to actually look like Amy Adams.

i kinda like the show but really wish more would actually happen. and would it be that hard to actually have a character that i like or cheer for? camille is a depressed, alcoholic, cutter. her little sister is the devil. their mom is the anti-christ. the step-dad is a cuckold. the kc cop is eh. the sheriff is an idiot. the rest of the people in the town all voted for trump, i am 100% sure. i mean there is nothing compelling about the show. it is filmed in flashbacks, current, flashforwards, dreams, shaky cam and every other possible way to make it hard to follow. and yet, i keep watching. i think i will blame it on my wife... and the hope Amy Adams gets to actually look like Amy Adams.

Did you see/read Gone Girl? Rootable characters aren’t really her thing.

On 8/6/2018 at 8:38 PM, Neonmoon said:

Am I the only one who wants to see Camille and Amma make sex?

On 8/6/2018 at 10:10 PM, futureman said:

amma and jodes, imo

Throw in some dead girl's brother's girlfriend (Ashley maybe?) and you've got yourself a pretty nice little Sunday night.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

Agreed she doesn't look great this show, but normally she does.  Her character is supposed to be formally hot but hit hard by hard living.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, RPM said:

I think she looks finominole for a 40yo alcoholic with emotional issues. In fact, she looks a little too good.

While she was much more primped in Nocturnal Animals, the thickness was there.  It's not horrible, but she's a bit of an ingenue type and doesn't carry the matronly look particularly well.