The I like to watch old concerts thread

NameAlreadyInUse

I work from home, and when I'm not stuck on the phone, I tend to have a YouTube window open so that I can look up an artist and play old concerts. Been meaning to start this thread for awhile, but tonight I'm working late, and rather than work, I figured it was time to get this thread started.

• Like 5

I’ve got ZZtop live in Texas.

I asked the question on what concerts to get to test out a new home theater setup and suggestion included:

Stevie Ray Vaughn
The last waltz
Pink Floyd pulse
Freddie Mercury tribute concert
25th anniversary Rock n roll hall of fame anniversary
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live from radio city
Heart live from Seattle
Alice In Chains unplugged
Live at Pompeii starring David Gilmore
Life in 12 bars Eric clapton

If you're down with The Floyd, and it appears you are, check out Roger Waters The Wall (2014) to stretch the legs on your home theater. It contains, dare I say, my favorite version of Comfortably Numb and Gilmour isn't even on the track! I know, I know, I'm not happy with myself either. But if you want a concert of kick ass music recorded with 5.1 in mind, it's the shit. Crank it!

Is there a way anyone knows of to get a tv to play a random selection of music video songs from live shows?

What I mean is I think it would be cool at parties to have a playlist of live music videos (individual songs) and set it to play on random like a typical audio play list.

tbone, I've done something similar to that on Youtube.  I find a bunch of videos that are cool, from music videos to concerts or whatever, add them to a playlist, and the I open the playlist on my AppleTV and its playing in the background when people are over.  It's either that or a Spotify playlist when people are over.

AXS television channel plays some really good older concerts.  Queen, Hall & Oates, DMB at Red Rocks, Eagles, ....

Now I'm playing OP's SRV concert on the second monitor.  I love watching SRV concerts - Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton have to watch SRV constantly for cues as to when he is changing.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:26 AM, BoomMF said:

If you're down with The Floyd, and it appears you are, check out Roger Waters The Wall (2014) to stretch the legs on your home theater. It contains, dare I say, my favorite version of Comfortably Numb and Gilmour isn't even on the track! I know, I know, I'm not happy with myself either. But if you want a concert of kick ass music recorded with 5.1 in mind, it's the shit. Crank it!

Find the Blu Ray with ATMOS soundtrack. It rocks the neighborhood. 

• Like 1

Great thread, I do this occasionally and always mean to look up more sets. Van Halen 1984 tour might have been the first one I sought out, since I was kind of literally iced out of seeing that show in HS.

Just for nostalgia, I also looked up Huey Lewis Sports tour, Loverboy from the same era and LL Cool J early 90s. I regret nothing. 

I also like to watch old live concerts by a variety of bands and types of music. I'll watch stuff from the 40's to present, it's damn good entertainment to me. When I don't feel like or can't watch YouTube I'll go to the Internet Archive site and pick out an artist and concert and listen to that. Hell, there is close to 200,000 concerts to choose from so it's a good source for listening to your favorite bands, maybe even at a show you were at.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Nice, let's go back a few years, includes a full "Supper's Ready".

I also enjoy the original Wall shows.  Roger's version was good, but nothing can top the original.  Someday Roger will release the cleansed up version of these, maybe...

and I can watch the King anytime, actually remember watching this as a kid...

• Like 2