The I like to watch old concerts thread

NameAlreadyInUse

32 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Nice, let's go back a few years, includes a full "Supper's Ready".

I also enjoy the original Wall shows.  Roger's version was good, but nothing can top the original.  Someday Roger will release the cleansed up version of these, maybe...

and I can watch the King anytime, actually remember watching this as a kid...

You've got a friend in me..! Great list, especially the fact that one of my uncles impressed on me at an early age the range of Elvis' talents & my discovering PF in my teens..!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So my job went fucking insane and I spent most of a year on the road and got out of this habit.  I'm finally getting some time to start this up again.  This show came up on another thread...

Nirvana at Trees in Dallas 1991, in which Cobain gets decked by one of the bouncers about midway through the show. Easy to forget over time how many great songs were on that Nevermind album.

17 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So my job went fucking insane and I spent most of a year on the road and got out of this habit.  I'm finally getting some time to start this up again.  This show came up on another thread...

Nirvana at Trees in Dallas 1991, in which Cobain gets decked by one of the bouncers about midway through the show. Easy to forget over time how many great songs were on that Nevermind album.

Two observations...

Man they were unorganized as hell on stage, but I guess that was part of the kitsch.

That bass player couldn't possible sling that thing any lower.

Perhaps the best concert footage ever released on commercial video.

Saw that one and it was pretty great. They kicked off the North America tour in Fort Worth. Rented a house in Dallas and would fly back there if they had a show in the region.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

While I agree, the list can't be that long

There's a wee bit of competition, though it's been awhile since anybody new made a case.

Peter Gabriel (Genesis era)

Ann Wilson (Heart)

Chris Wood (Traffic)

Ray Thomas (Moody Blues)

Alan Wilson (Canned Heat)

Clay Cook (Marshall Tucker Band)

Mike Vickers (Manfred Mann)