Texas wins 10-5...wins series against OSU

OU Sucks

Despite the terrible stretch on the latter part of the Stanford series into the Arkansas mini-series, I think this team should definitely make the postseason. We won’t host a regional but could probably pull off a 2-seed. For the first time in what seems like forever we can actually put runs on the board. If we can find the right pitching rotation we’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

Despite the terrible stretch on the latter part of the Stanford series into the Arkansas mini-series, I think this team should definitely make the postseason. We won’t host a regional but could probably pull off a 2-seed. For the first time in what seems like forever we can actually put runs on the board. If we can find the right pitching rotation we’ll be fine.

Is this Texas team a top 16, hell even a top 25 team?  No.  For now.

However, Texas had a similar start to last year too, in fact they were also 15-10 at this point, and finished the regular season and conf tournament with an rpi of 17, and were only a win or 2 away from hosting a regional last year.

Still lots of time for this team to develop.  And if they keep playing conference ball the way they have been (albeit, the league schedule is about to become a lot more challenging), then they've got a shot to contend for a title with Tech and TCU being the last 2 weekends.  So far impressed with the team's resolve though.  In years past, a 3-1 deficit after 5 innings like the one we saw yesterday would've felt like 9-1.

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness
  • Like 1

The pitching concerns me. I was willing to give the Shart a lot of rope, but he's running out fast.  However, if not him on Sunday, then who?  I'd keep O'Donnell in his mid- week role to gain experience if possible, but there might be no other choice.

Hitting is really a lot like last year, in that we're doing pretty well against mediocre to bad pitching. The game against Tristan Beck gives me hope.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Shugart had a rough outing, but overall I think he performed well this season, particularly with how he has lowered his walk rate.  His performance in the Cape last year was also impressive (24Ks in 23.2 IPs).  

He is impressive at times but he is continually behind hitters.  Then he elevates his fastball and gets crushed. His pitch count is always high.  He is very gifted but he pitches like he has 98mph fastball and not a 92-93.  It hurts him.

13 hours ago, ausjala said:

Glad Horns came back. Turned it off at cowboys 3-1. Maybe not "no faith", but certainly not blind faith with this bunch. Maybe Pierce should get tossed more often. That was bizarre.

That was some bullshit. One of the quickest ejections I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The Okie Lite starter they lit up yesterday is one of the best pitchers in the Big 12.

Not sure I’d say we lit him up. He gave up 4 runs over 6 2/3 on the weekend.  

In the Sunday game, it was their pen that gave up 6 runs over the last 2 innings. Teel left the game at 4-3.

• Fuck You 2

16 hours ago, Player said:

That was some bullshit. One of the quickest ejections I've ever seen. 

OK, so wtf was up with that shit. I'm surprised there's not more talk about the quick toss and the unreal  bitching by the Okie Lite asshole about a fucking routine catch. Am I taking crazy pills? There was zero reason to put up with the OSU coach's interminable whining, and unless Pierce called the ump a cocksucker, I can't imaging what the justification could be for running him that quick while listening to the other coach for.fucking.ever.

4 hours ago, wood said:

OK, so wtf was up with that shit. I'm surprised there's not more talk about the quick toss and the unreal  bitching by the Okie Lite asshole about a fucking routine catch. Am I taking crazy pills? There was zero reason to put up with the OSU coach's interminable whining, and unless Pierce called the ump a cocksucker, I can't imaging what the justification could be for running him that quick while listening to the other coach for.fucking.ever.

I guess the theory was that Holliday had wasted enough time, they didn't need to hear from Pierce.  He was about 60 feet away when they tossed him, so it seems the likelihood of an audible insult is low.  Not big on claiming things are unfair, but that was unfair.  And I think Reynolds probably was out of play when he caught it.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 7:56 AM, Auto Driller said:

For so long, it was the hitting that let us down.  Now that we seem like capable batsmen, our pitching is below our usual standards...  "sigh"

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I guess the theory was that Holliday had wasted enough time, they didn't need to hear from Pierce.  He was about 60 feet away when they tossed him, so it seems the likelihood of an audible insult is low.  Not big on claiming things are unfair, but that was unfair.  And I think Reynolds probably was out of play when he caught it.

It was ridiculous. Even if Pierce had said something earlier that ruffled some feathers, he had every right to go see what was going on and weigh in with his two cents. 

For your information, Blue, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint! 

We talked about this on that other site...

Holiday was told the concrete in the dougout was the out of play marker. Reynolds stepped on the concrete, under the netting, to make the catch. 

Holiday argued it. Then all 4 umps cam in the confer. After a few minutes, they confirmed the call - out.

They didn’t offer an explanation to Holiday, so he came asking for one. As the home plate ump was giving it, Pierce finally come out. Was tossed.

Some though Holiday was trying to mess up Sharts rythym on the mound.

Shart was already out of rythym loaded the bases with no outs, not needing any of Holidays help. 

• Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, Auto Driller said:

esw.gif