NBA Summer League 2018

Goo Punch

My stepson is a Hawks fan. When I expressed my view that Young was a bad pick, the reply was, “I think you’re letting your hate for the Sooners cloud your view.” I said. “No, in the second half of the season the guy just wasn’t very good.” Guess we’ll see who’s right. 

young can be a good player if he ever gets his shot selection under control.  he is a very good (and underrated) passer and he can shoot well when he doesn't think he's steph curry.

he will not be anywhere near as good as luka doncic, however, and that makes him a bad pick no matter how good he ends up being.

• Like 1

My former boss (still good friends) is Young’s uncle through marriage.  They went to the draft and were at the after party and everything.  Even he thinks he was overrated and would have benefited from staying in school and learning some shot discipline.  

it's cool how the high draft picks play in the summer. Even though they are spring bunnies, you'd think the teams would want to limit their exposure a little. 

Also, the crowds are really big for the summer games and the Sac-LAL venue was electric last night. Anyone watch that? Cool to have hoops year round. 

9 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I wonder how many small college guards that can make the occasional 28 footer the NBA will draft too highly before realizing that Curry is the anomaly, not the new norm. Bad shots are still bad shots.

Correct

36 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

it's cool how the high draft picks play in the summer. Even though they are spring bunnies, you'd think the teams would want to limit their exposure a little. 

Also, the crowds are really big for the summer games and the Sac-LAL venue was electric last night. Anyone watch that? Cool to have hoops year round. 

With these guys playing so little in college now, teams have to get them exposure so a) fans get to see/know them and b) guys get actual floor time with NBA coaching before training camp.

Trae Young has started off 2-16 from 3.  I watched some of the game today b/c it was vs the Spurs.  He's very quick and probably has better lead guard skills then most give him credit for but he's going to have a ton of trouble finishing at the rim.  Tons.  He was having difficulty getting good looks vs guys who will be in the G League, how's he gonna get go to the rim vs Gobert or Capela.  He really needs to work on his in between game.  Floaters,  pull ups, working angles and the rim.  He doesn't really look like Steph to me but right now a developmental Kemba....

On 7/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, Goo Punch said:

lol, look at him with his Beats on, warming up from 25 feet like, "look at me, i'm a real boy!" this kid is "playing nba" right now. i hope he goes fulls full Lamelo Ball tonight.

It's easy to hit shots when no one is guarding you... Trae should work on his assist in games and inside range 1st...

On 7/3/2018 at 8:52 AM, IPoopOnWhoop said:

My former boss (still good friends) is Young’s uncle through marriage.  They went to the draft and were at the after party and everything.  Even he thinks he was overrated and would have benefited from staying in school and learning some shot discipline.  

This is so retarded.  The NBA is 24/7 with the highest level coaches.  No one, and I mean no one, becomes a better basketball player in college as opposed to the pros.  You can become a good player in college, but if you want to be better going pro is the right move 100 fucking percent of the time.

Carmelo Anthony, Thunder will part ways before beginning of next season

Sam Amick and Tom Schad, USA TODAYPublished 2:19 p.m. ET July 6, 2018 | Updated 2:25 p.m. ET July 6, 2018

Cleveland is taking down the iconic Nike-LeBron James billboard following news of his departure to the Los Angeles Lakers. Courtesy of WEWS USA TODAY Sports

Thunder_Anthony_Basketball_46263.jpg

(Photo: The Associated Press)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Carmelo Anthony and the Oklahoma City Thunder will part ways prior to the beginning of next season, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports on Friday. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the situation.

Anthony's contract and his frustration with his role on the team last season have led to a mutual desire to separate at some point this summer.