NBA Summer League 2018

Goo Punch

he's never going to be steph curry; not in a million different simulations if his career. but he's probably going to be better than many here seem to think. he just needs some nba coaching and weight training, and he'll be a good player for a long time.

8 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

did ATL already sign Trae Young? If not, best to delegate to the minor league and save millions . 

are you trying to take jhawk's place as shaggy/surly's worst/dumbest nba poster?  if so, you're doing a great job as of late.

41 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

what makes you qualified to judge anyone else? 

That was a pretty ridiculous statement, dude. After a couple summer league games you're saying the top ten pick in the draft is headed to the G-league. No front office staff would survive that even if it's an appropriate assessment of the player's ability level (narrator: it's not).

17 minutes ago, Llogg said:

That was a pretty ridiculous statement, dude. After a couple summer league games you're saying the top ten pick in the draft is headed to the G-league. No front office staff would survive that even if it's an appropriate assessment of the player's ability level (narrator: it's not).

lots of players are busts. dude. 

11 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

but they should. dude. 

no they shouldn't. If you draft a guy in the top 10 and send him directly to the minor leagues, you fucked up that draft big time. As in, you knew this was not an impact player and wasted your draft pick anyway. It's okay to be wrong about someone b/c they don't pan out. It's not okay to intentionally make a shitty draft pick. And you don't know any more about Trae Young after a couple summer league games than you knew before the draft.

Good luck with your untenable position. dude.

I think BigOrange's comment had less to do with talent evaluation (a lot of us think Young isn't going to be worthy of the 6th pick in the draft), and more to do with the fact it seems you might think Atlanta can just put him in the G League and not sign him to a standard contract. 

Edited by CBT
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CBT said:

I think BigOrange's comment had less to do with talent evaluation (a lot of us think Young isn't going to be worthy of the 6th pick in the draft), and more to do with the fact it seems you might think Atlanta can just put him in the G League and not sign him to a standard contract. 

that and the other 50 dumbass takes hes posted lately that shows he has absolutely zero clue about how things actually work in the nba.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, Llogg said:

I guess the hypothetical upside of Trae Young is Steph Curry, but I think his career will look more like Steve Kerr's.

I have no clue how Trae Young ends up but I bet he has a huge rookie year. The Hawks are going to be trash next year. 

There's going to be a lot of garbage minutes for Young to jack shots/score.

19 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The Knicks are looking....promising?  Nah, can't be...

Really high upside draft..... but they're still 2-3 years away.  Adding Knox and then taking a chance on lottery talent, Mitchell Robinson, in the 2nd round, it has the potential along with Unicorn to be the foundation of something.  

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Really high upside draft..... but they're still 2-3 years away.  Adding Knox and then taking a chance on lottery talent, Mitchell Robinson, in the 2nd round, it has the potential along with Unicorn to be the foundation of something.  

It's really too bad for them that they threw so much money and years to Tim Hardaway (17.3 next season and 18.2 the following) and Joke Noah (18.5 next season and 19.3 the following) - otherwise they would have been a real player in next summer's FA bonanza.  They might still be - NYC is NYC of course.  But those two contracts are a millstone around the franchise right now.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

It's really too bad for them that they threw so much money and years to Tim Hardaway (17.3 next season and 18.2 the following) and Joke Noah (18.5 next season and 19.3 the following) - otherwise they would have been a real player in next summer's FA bonanza.  They might still be - NYC is NYC of course.  But those two contracts are a millstone around the franchise right now.

Hardaway, I can sort of understand. Noah has been done and was a terrible decision .

I'm starting to think Miles is going to be a better NBA player than a college player. I think the style/pace will suit him better. When his outside shot starts falling...might be a dark hours ROTY candidate. 

Edited by Baboontyme