Global Entry application

Armybrat

Mrs. MO had an interview scheduled for the day they first closed the office, so she missed it by one day. She got an e-mail that said she would be notified when they opened back up and would be given a choice of several days from which she could pick to come in. No appointment needed.  Just let them know when she got the e-mail. First come first serve. I'm sure they'll limit the number to come each day. 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, AustinMT said:

It can help to call.  Last year, my wife and I both finally did Global Entry (and yes, it makes a difference based on comparing getting through before we had it and after).  After my interview, got my approval e-mail almost immediately.  My wife’s didn’t come through, and we were butting up against the time we were leaving.  Took a couple of calls, but we figured out that the officer had failed to hit the “approve” tab  (or whatever it is) after the interview.  They had us call the field office, talked with him, and he fixed it immediately.

I know you are in a different stage, but the point is there is the potential for human error in this process that calling may help overcome.

Where did you call/how did you contact them? 

I renewed my GE and finally got the conditional approval and need to setup an interview.  The problem is that I added Nexus to mine (I go to Canada occasionally for work) but the nearest interview site for Nexus is in Dallas.  I don't give a crud about the Nexus part anymore and just want to have the regular GE so i can do the interview in Houston...  

I renewed mine a couple months ago after letting it expire. Interviews were running six months out in Atlanta, but I got super lucky because, after doing some homework to find out if there was any way to shortcut the wait (there doesn’t appear to be), I logged back in and a single slot had opened up a couple days out and so I jumped on it. Whole process took five minutes.

1 hour ago, Grimas said:

Where did you call/how did you contact them? 

I renewed my GE and finally got the conditional approval and need to setup an interview.  The problem is that I added Nexus to mine (I go to Canada occasionally for work) but the nearest interview site for Nexus is in Dallas.  I don't give a crud about the Nexus part anymore and just want to have the regular GE so i can do the interview in Houston...  

This was last year. We called the interview location directly (it was in San Antonio because we couldn’t get in the Austin location)

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I renewed mine a couple months ago after letting it expire. Interviews were running six months out in Atlanta, but I got super lucky because, after doing some homework to find out if there was any way to shortcut the wait (there doesn’t appear to be), I logged back in and a single slot had opened up a couple days out and so I jumped on it. Whole process took five minutes.

So you have to interview again? They renewed mine without me having to reinterview.

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Only because I wasn’t paying attention and let it expire. I didn’t realize it until I had a flight and didn’t get Precheck.

Mine was expired for over a year. It took 7 months for it to get reauthorized but no interview needed. 

• 2 months later...

Wife's is going to expire in July.  Trying to renew, but the system keeps telling her after she logs in that her session is expired and to log in again.  She called the general help number this morning and it was just a busy signal.  Seems like a well oiled machine right now. 

Anyone have any success or a similar experience recently?

GE is extremely backed up on renewals and has given an automatic extension to anyone who applied for renewal. Doesn't quite help you if you can't get in, but your issue sounds like a cookie issue. Try a different browser, different PC, or incognito window.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/travel/global-entry-travelers-now-have-an-18-month-renewal-grace-period

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

GE is extremely backed up on renewals and has given an automatic extension to anyone who applied for renewal. Doesn't quite help you if you can't get in, but your issue sounds like a cookie issue. Try a different browser, different PC, or incognito window.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/travel/global-entry-travelers-now-have-an-18-month-renewal-grace-period

Yeah, cleared the cache and cookies, because that is what I thought as well.  No dice.  But good to know the rest.  Gold star for you.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I logged onto the trusted traveler program because I thought I was getting close to my 5 years.  Turns out I am only at year 4 but since I am within a year of renewal they let me go ahead.   5-6 clicks.  Verify info.  Paid the $100 which will be paid by one of my credit cards and less than a day later I am approved without an interview.  I'm good for 6 years now.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

finally got clearance to do the interview a full year after submitting the application.  No rush now obviously to utilize GE at this point.  probably set up interview in Feb of next year.

update.  just went to the airport and was in and out in 20 minutes or so.  the 'interview' took 2 minutes.  probably just used the Family Guy skin color terrorist guide and called it a day.

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

Thanks for the virtual interview offer with zero openings for all of 2021

Try looking early next week. I had a Zoom interview for my renewal this morning and the officer said they are in a pilot program with very few openings. There weren't any openings when I checked last week, but there were openings all day Thursday and today when I checked earlier this week.

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How’d you dildos by pass the interview for renewal ???

No idea.  Like someone above said.  Maybe just lucky.  I thought maybe all the countries I've visited in the last 5 years might get me flagged but nope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 10:16 PM, Sam Lin said:

May have already been posted, but they've also opened up a ton more airports to the 'interview on arrival' process in recent months. It's probably the fastest way to get an interview.

Yep, just got an email from them as I have a conditionally approved application, pending interview.  With a big list of all the interview on arrival airports. 

Seems the best option than checking every day damn for a remote interview. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yep, just got an email from them as I have a conditionally approved application, pending interview.  With a big list of all the interview on arrival airports. 

Seems the best option than checking every day damn for a remote interview. 

How long ago from application submission until being conditionally approved?

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

FFS, every time I try to log into my global entry account it says "your session is expired".  My wife went through something similar when she tried to renew and I think she ended up having to call them.  Yay technology.

FYI, if this happens to anyone, log in on your phone using non-wifi.  This makes it work.  What a horrid horrid application/renewal process.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Using another browser may also do it on a computer.

Oh I tried that.  Cleared cache and cookies, on multiple browsers.  No good.  Only thing that worked was phone without wifi.  Whatever, it's a janky ass process.  I'm hoping for a renewal without an interview, but I kinda doubt it, due to a youthful indiscretion.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh I tried that.  Cleared cache and cookies, on multiple browsers.  No good.  Only thing that worked was phone without wifi.  Whatever, it's a janky ass process.  I'm hoping for a renewal without an interview, but I kinda doubt it, due to a youthful indiscretion.

Must have been tied to your IP address then.  Your phone on a cellular network would have gotten a different one since it wasn't using the same ISP as your wifi.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 10:07 PM, Js1 said:

I renewed and will probably try to do an interview coming back from Cabo in July. 

Thanks for the virtual interview offer with zero openings for all of 2021

Should I even bother applying in hopes of using it this summer?

I’m having to do a renewal interview. I cannot find a chance to schedule at all - remote or in person. As of right now, I’m good until sometime next year (actually expired in March but they said it is extended for a period).

Best option is going to be on return from a trip. Which sucks.

1 minute ago, kmac30 said:

I’m having to do a renewal interview.

Curious.  Do you travel a lot?  

57 minutes ago, wood said:

Should I even bother applying in hopes of using it this summer?

I've talked to three GE people and so far other than on this board, no one has had to interview.  Like I and others have said above.  I had my approval in like 2 days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, midtown said:

Curious.  Do you travel a lot?  

I've talked to three GE people and so far other than on this board, no one has had to interview.  Like I and others have said above.  I had my approval in like 2 days.

Oh, awesome. Misunderstood above. Thought you meant you had just gotten the conditional approval and still had to wait for interview. I see yours was a renewal. You think it'll be the same for new applicants (me & my family)?

Just finished Global Entry applications for the family. Got conditional approvals within 48 hrs on all of them. Already set appointments at ABIA. Appointment times available as soon as May 29, and July is wide open. 

11 hours ago, wood said:

Just finished Global Entry applications for the family. Got conditional approvals within 48 hrs on all of them. Already set appointments at ABIA. Appointment times available as soon as May June 29, and July is wide open. 

fixed. my bad.

• 4 weeks later...