wc QF 2 (friday 1pm) :: the klash in kazan

Hagbard Celine

Belgium is playing arguably the best defensive team in tournament.  Martinez's 3-4-3 formation has left the wing backs vulnerable on defense and they are constantly out of position.  If they don't change, they could be beat.  Brazil isnt Japan.   If Belgium plays wide open they could get beat bad.  

25 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

well. one thing we know for sure, Belgium need to step up their acting game, no way will they get calls while half the Brazilian squad are rolling all over the pitch in faux pain.

Refs never give tall guys the benefit of the doubt.

Between the small guys always being the victim and a few Brazilians (obviously Neymar being the overwhelming #1) frequently being the victim, Belgium could very easily end this match with 10 players even if they don't play even the slightest bit dirty. (But especially because they don't mind mixing it up.)

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

hate hate hate hate

Taking off from work at lunch, get some bbq and watch with my brother's and nephew.  Vamos Brasil (e fica em pé Neymar). I haven't read any news the last couple of days, but I assume Marcelo is back in the starting line up.  Hope he is.

Danilo is out for the rest of the tournament.

Marcelo is fit and will start.

Coutinho still looks like Joaquim de Almeida's yet-to-be-recognizied love child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I'll be rooting for Belgium but I think Brazil wins 3-1.

I think that a 1-0 match is twice as likely as more than two goals being scored in regulation. 

Predicting four goals in an elimination round match is pretty hopeful. 

47 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

How about 8 then ... something like 7-1?

you know..... what they say about the luck plane, and karma, and slack, and memes, and trends.....

.... england finally advancing on pelanties...

.... and the germans going from group for the first time ...

.... sine....

.... co-sine....

.... matter.....

.... anti-matter......

the only thing in brazil's favor here is 7-1 was a semi not a quarter.  so they have that going for them.