The Marquise Goodwin thread

Goo Punch

Brian Shaw can suck a fat dick. Not only does Quise have a sister with cerebral palsy he lost a child to miscarriage. 

What a piece of shit human being. He doesn't play football for your mouth breathing ass sitting on the couch inhaling tostitos and bud light every Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Good tribute

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-marquise-goodwin-honors-coach-232647656.html

49ers' Marquise Goodwin honors coach who 'helped save my life' originally appeared on nbcsportsbayarea.com

A woman sat outside the football field, intently watching the team get paced through an early season practice. When the workout concluded, she waited for an opportune time to approach the coach.

She proceeded to hand him a letter. All she asked was for him to read what she had written.

That is how Marquise Goodwin landed a spot on Richard McCroan's seventh-grade football team at Coyle Middle School in Rowlett, Texas. And that was the beginning of a student-coach relationship that has greatly enriched both individuals.

"I grew up with no father, unfortunately," Goodwin said. "But I've been fortunate to have men like coach McCroan in my life that cared so much about me and wanted to see me succeed. Having him around was awesome. Whether I needed to talk to him about guy stuff or school or sports or anything, he would always make sure I was taken care of."

Goodwin chose to honor McCroan for the Fifth Annual Coaching Corps Game Changer Awards, in which some of the top Bay Area professional athletes celebrate the influence coaches had on their lives and their communities.

"Coach McCroan helped change my life. He helped save my life," Goodwin said. "That's why I'm honoring him."

McCroan vividly recalls the circumstances surrounding his 2002 introduction to Goodwin, whose mother, Tamina, went to great lengths to help her son get involved in sports and get acclimated to a school in which he had no friends.

"It was a little bit of a quandary because we had already started practice, we'd already concluded our cuts," McCroan said. "We'd already gotten into the program and it was not usual to add a kid that late into the season.

"After I read the letter Marquise's mother gave me, I knew they had been in some sort of duress and they had to move there for some bad reasons. And my first thought was, it wasn't his fault. I found him and said, ‘Anybody whose mother loves you as much as she does, I'm going to let you play.' "

More in the link

• Like 1

"It was a little bit of a quandary because we had already started practice, we'd already concluded our cuts," McCroan said. "We'd already gotten into the program and it was not usual to add a kid that late into the season.

"After I read the letter Marquise's mother gave me, I knew they had been in some sort of duress and they had to move there for some bad reasons. And my first thought was, it wasn't his fault. I found him and said, ‘Anybody whose mother loves you as much as she does, saw Marquise run, I said 'I'm going to let you play.' "

fify.

j/k. Great tribute. This guy just never stops impressing me. Such a great ambassador for the University.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:03 AM, Machinator said:

No idea what happened, but he's back with the team and and expected to play this weekend.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/121535-marquise-goodwin-returns-49ers-expected-play-broncos/

The reason has been revealed and it's freaking heartbreaking. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/16/marquise-goodwin-wife-lose-twins-in-pregnancy/ 

Can someone on Twitter please tell Brian Shaw (see post at the top of the page) to go suck on a .45?

Terrible. Guys been nothing but a positive force and an exemplary human being and fate keeps trying to chop him down. Fuck that.  Stay strong Marquise. 

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Can someone on Twitter please tell Brian Shaw (see post at the top of the page) to go suck on a .45?

Terrible. Guys been nothing but a positive force and an exemplary human being and fate keeps trying to chop him down. Fuck that.  Stay strong Marquise. 

I like this. Can we go old school Shaggy Figurelli on this needledick?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...