The Marquise Goodwin thread

Goo Punch

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Rustic Horn said:

I love it, but sticking the landing with cleats scares me unless he's landing in sand. 

Hopefully that doesn't become a thing. I worry about the damage that a fun celebration could cause.

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

Edited by Napoleon

• 2 weeks later...

It's moments like this you get to witness olympic speed vs crazy athletic NFL guys.  Patrick Peterson is no slouch and ran a fucking 4.34 at the combine.  Goodwin fucking burned him and it wasn't even close.  I think Tyreek Hill and John Ross are the only two current players with a faster 40 time than Marquise.  Also, fuck me for not starting him this week on my fantasy team.

Every time he does something good in the League I think of this:

Charlie Donovan: [Taylor arrives to spring training] There's Jake Taylor.

Lou Brown: He was an all-star in Boston, wasn't he?

Charlie Donovan: Yeah, wound up in the Mexican League. Had problems with his knees.

Pepper Leach: Wish we had him two years ago.

Charlie Donovan: We did.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, Jack Wilson said:

Every time he does something good in the League I think of this:

Charlie Donovan: [Taylor arrives to spring training] There's Jake Taylor.

Lou Brown: He was an all-star in Boston, wasn't he?

Charlie Donovan: Yeah, wound up in the Mexican League. Had problems with his knees.

Pepper Leach: Wish we had him two years ago.

Charlie Donovan: We did.

Four years ago, then

I recently tried to get in touch with Marquise and/or his wife for an event raising money for premature birth complications. Nothing materialized but they are both phenomenal people. 

And shit - I didn't even know he had a sister with CP. What an emotional warrior and exemplar of true, real, manhood. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Just five weeks after the death of his unborn child due to complications in pregnancy, Goodwin revealed his biological father passed away last week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/marquise-goodwin-stays-positive-through-more-family-tragedy

Just to be clear, this article is from December 2017. Marquise doesn't deserve any of these awful things, but I don't think his latest absence is necessarily related to the passing of his father.

Gotdammit google and slorch non-reading ass.

My apologies for the post, and it was only in hopes of informing, as I wanted to know what he was dealing with too.

Whatever it might be, dude is a warrior of the heart.  Guns up for Marquise Goodwin.