Something isn't right

The ignore poster function is very, very useful.

I only have one poster on there, but I don't see any of their shit, even when quoted.

Very nice.

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Politics forum - 62,842 posts

Football forum - 26,954 posts

And football is filled with mostly "tell me about" bullshit.

And for those wondering, Hugo Strelnikov only has about 5k of those 63k in politics.

i cant believe 3 people + their countless sock can fill up 60k post count.....

The Cloak Room doesn't even exist in my world. I never, ever, ever go there. Maybe if I wanted to watch Paul Finebaum and Alex Jones debate with Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann  about Trump and Hillary that would sound appealing, but I don't, so it doesn't. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 4

I occasionally post in CR and some posters, even ones I disagree with, post reasonable arguments for their positions.  That being said there a ton of socks and overall shit posters.  The mods could go a long way in cleaning it up simply adding a post count to see/post content there (works for NSAA).  That would at least rid the forum of the shadow rep.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

shadow rep?

Yeah, you should be familiar.  There are posters here who registered multiple accounts to rep posters they agree/disagree with.  If they actually had to post with those accounts it could change the behavior.  

There have actually been posters banned for the -100 neg rep limit, some of it driven by what I outlined above.   

Edited by SDG

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Yeah, you should be familiar.  There are posters here who registered multiple accounts to rep posters they agree/disagree with.  If they actually had to post with those accounts it could change the behavior.  

I guess I have taken hits from those in the past.

Yeah, I am anti-sock.  People should just be who they are and own their shit.

Fucking hell.  I don't know when I started posting in Cloak Room.  I think it had something to do with using "new posts" so I wasn't forum-specific.

There seem to be quite a number of posters that don't post anywhere else.  At some point, we might want to consider bannination.

I need some football and volleyball, stat.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah because what we really need is more people shitposting to get to a certain number of posts to access a different forum.

Has that really been a problem?  For the most part the post padding for NSAA access has been contained to a single thread in Bellmont.

14 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

This place is dead post shagpocalypse.  I hope it picks up for football season. Or else I want a refund.  

It's a virtual lock that it picks up when football season starts.  Bet the farm on that.  We'll drop a game we shouldn't have, produce an epic meltdown thread, and that Bama site will feature it because nobody melts down like we do.  Once that happens, little Surly will be on the map.

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There seem to be quite a number of posters that don't post anywhere else.  At some point, we might want to consider bannination.

A better idea would be to nuke that shit pit and build a concrete sarcophagus over the ruins Chernobyl style.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 8:28 PM, Thetexashammer said:

Politics forum - 62,842 posts

Football forum - 26,954 posts

And football is filled with mostly "tell me about" bullshit.

And for those wondering, Hugo Strelnikov only has about 5k of those 63k in politics.

OP, tell me about the cloak room lol

• Like 1

You’re right....new account after new account w two or three posts and they’re all in CR.

What happened to the days when new people would stumble on legit threads and sort of make it known they were real and interested in things UT : (

On 7/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, babysdaddy said:

Yes, currently a political board masquerading as a UT sports board. I hope that will fix itself come fall but I’m afraid Hugo, Dennison, and jimmy will still be posting their ass off about trump. At least brisket has calmed down.

don’t forget bad teammate and brian fantana.  all those dudes go hard in the paint and are really the only reason to stop by the CR.  priceless comedy gold.  

Well the current administration is pretty controversial...Hell every time I hear the NPR ‘All Things Considered’ intro theme I sing along with ‘Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump...Trumpppppp’. DJT and his cronies are constantly in the news on immigration, tariffs, officials resigning every other day, etc...it’s always at the top of my google news feed so it’s not like politics are on a normal state right now...so why are you shocked at all the posts?

The only infuriating part there, to me, are the new accounts that spring up and basically only post there...those guys essentially spread discourse and solely defend Trump at the expense of providing any actual insight or analysis. Those guys seem fishy to me...it’s obvious a few of them constantly rep each other.

However I’m perfectly capable of processing news from various sites, outlets and Surly while coming to my own conclusions. Therefore I take the questionable posters with a grain of salt and can see when a right wing troll gets a single rep from another, and come to the conclusion they’re likely a sock or troll. If it seems excessive I’ll just take what they say with a grain of salt and move on with my life.

Incessant bitching about CR is stupid. If you don’t like it or don’t like a certain class of posters, just nut up and ignore it. It’s the football offseason and without FCHorn around I bet those two things drive 90% of the ‘problem’.

Regardless who cares? We are like a fucking sewing circle of middle aged men on the internet with all that madness, debauchery, bitchassdness and wildly unique characters in a floating shithouse insane asylum, eating whatever comes by...which is precisely why I love it here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, futureman said:

don’t forget bad teammate and brian fantana.  all those dudes go hard in the paint and are really the only reason to stop by the CR.  priceless comedy gold.  

Here’s all you need to know about the cloak room

When they chase the remaining 20% out, they’ll begin eating their own. It’s already happening. Just enjoy the social experiment 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Homercles said:

Well the current administration is pretty controversial...Hell every time I hear the NPR ‘All Things Considered’ intro theme I sing along with ‘Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump...Trumpppppp’. DJT and his cronies are constantly in the news on immigration, tariffs, officials resigning every other day, etc...it’s always at the top of my google news feed so it’s not like politics are on a normal state right now...so why are you shocked at all the posts?

Pretty much this. Politics are in an abnormal state and it's the offseason. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, TriStone said:

Has that really been a problem?  For the most part the post padding for NSAA access has been contained to a single thread in Bellmont.

Well, NSAA hasn't been the same since ERhine went into semi-retirement.

Either that or the Internet is running out of fuck gifs.

Edited by Armybrat

On 7/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, Hanrahan said:

And you and your playmates are terrible people. Nuke the politics board.

If you don't go on there, why do you give a rip?

The board serves a very good purpose.  It gives all of us free rein to tell someone immediately not to go politics in a music, football, restaurant or basically any other thread outside of the alleged "shame zone."

Hey, when you go in there, it's a deliberate choice( usually.)  If you don't like it, try the "back" button on your browser.

Yes, it really is that simple.