Tiger and Phil playing for $10 million

babysdaddy

Sad they are this desperate to stay relevant. How about a long drive contest against John Daly or Kelly McGillis in a wet t-shirt contest.

I was always intrigued by the talk of a one-on-one between Olajuwon and O'Neal is the 90's when they were in their prime though, but it never happenned.

32 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'd be more interested in a 3 on 3 tournament with the best NBA players.  I dont need to watch Phil choking putts and Tiger struggling to get his game in top form.  It wouid be funny to hear them miked up though

They gonna air it on HBO?? 

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Is it their own money?

I’d be more interested if they put up a million of their own. 

No.   I agree it would be a more interesting tournament where players could only participate if they put up their own money.   Even allow amateurs if they want to put the cash.  $1 million entry.     I would guess that most PGA players wouldn't have the courage to put up their own cash.  But there wouldn't be anything stopping them from selling some of their action as well.

2 hours ago, woohorn said:

Sad they are this desperate to stay relevant. How about a long drive contest against John Daly or Kelly McGillis in a wet t-shirt contest.

I was always intrigued by the talk of a one-on-one between Olajuwon and O'Neal is the 90's when they were in their prime though, but it never happenned.

kelley mcgillis is and has always been unattractive.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that Phil will bet $5 million on Tiger as a hedge.
Also there will be a ton of negotiations about what course to play - I'm thinking Tiger will push hard to have it played on a US Open course/setup
It's a course in Vegas, wont be us open style, think back to when Tiger played those matches under the lights.

2 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'd be more interested in a 3 on 3 tournament with the best NBA players.  I dont need to watch Phil choking putts and Tiger struggling to get his game in top form.  It wouid be funny to hear them miked up though

Off topic but I would love it if they switched the NBA all-star game to an 8 team 3x3 tournament. Pick your own teams on Friday. Play round 1 before or after the skills events on Saturday and semis and finals on Sunday.

Back on topic, they better mike these two up for sure. 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Also there will be a ton of negotiations about what course to play - I'm thinking Tiger will push hard to have it played on a US Open course/setup

Tiger can get his US Open course and Phil can be allowed to hit a moving ball without penalty

4 hours ago, woohorn said:

1995 NBA Finals made that a moot point.

1 hour ago, Dewey said:
2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

It's a course in Vegas, wont be us open style, think back to when Tiger played those matches under the lights.

It keeps getting better and better 🙄

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No.   I agree it would be a more interesting tournament where players could only participate if they put up their own money.   Even allow amateurs if they want to put the cash.  $1 million entry.     I would guess that most PGA players wouldn't have the courage to put up their own cash.  But there wouldn't be anything stopping them from selling some of their action as well.

Like poker

On 7/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

sweet.  Hopefully other sports will follow suit and we can seen similar match ups like George Foreman boxing Lennox Lewis.    Maybe see Bob Gibson pitch to Hank Aaron.  

On 7/6/2018 at 10:51 AM, Dewey said:

Long overdue, not too late, but would have been awesome 10 years ago. I'm in fo sho.

I feel ya.  

peach.gif