CBD oil

Alright all you hippies, what's the word on this CBD stuff?  Specifically, what have you heard/what do you know about it's medical uses and abilities?  Any thoughts on how it can be used to treat Cancer patients or Alzheimer's patients?

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

The stores I've seen look douchy as hell, but I'm not a millennial.

I can tell you that it won't CURE anything except your wealth.

The bride (no pics) has just started doing this CBD stuff.  Says that it helps with her sleep.  IDK, but will report back.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

My wife swears when I rub CBD oil into her shoulders/neck it makes all the tension go away.  I just bought some capsules for her as well, they arrived today.  I'll report back.

My viewpoint is that CBD oil can help treat tension/pain caused by stressful work enviroments.

Damn - I'd crawl though broken glass to help me get neck/shoulder tension relief.  All my life that's where I have held my stress.

Don't think I'm a candidate though - I scared to death of anything that might be mind altering based on my addictive personality.

My wife's been interested for various reasons as a friend of her's sears by it, but she's a normie.  

Hell, doesn't matter anyway as I'm sure the state of Alabama would impose the death penalty on me or anyone possessing any derivative of the devil's crop anyway.

I take it regularly. After several months of use I can report things it has changed for me:

1) I sleep much better. This is a life changer for me as I was regularly getting sub 4 hours of sleep a night.

2) I very rarely get indigestion anymore. I used to take omeprozol (sp?) on a regular basis. No more.

3) I have noticed a decrease in regular everyday stresses. This is probably atributed to actually sleeping though. 

RE: mind altering, it is in no way shape or form altering. Hell you dont even realize it is doing anything till you look back and realize you haven't been getting up at night and staying up, or that you haven't had to take medicine for indigestion. At least that is my experience. It has been a pretty big quality of life enhancing supplement.

Smoking pot is a natural anti-nauseant. The I don't know anything at all about the oils, but the fact so many folks are trying to sell it reminds me of Emu "investing." 

I assume the deliverability of an oil is the attraction, and I am sure that there is a narrow demographic that may benefit from CBD oils, but ... did I tell you about the amazing possibilities of the cures of Emu oils? A miracle cure, and if you invest in a female Emu the sky is the limit!!!!

NOW FOR YOU DUMBASS MOFOS!!!!!   -  The vapeTHC  pens are cool aren't they? The kids fucking love them!  GUESS WHAT- the possession of a vape pen with a THC extract is the same criminal offense as having possession of between 5 and 50 punds of weed.  That is fucking crazy to me, and the only reason I know this is because on shagg...Surly somebody asked about an attorney for a kid busted for a felony in Lubbock.  So I try to tell every kid or adult I see vaping and "being cool" that I could carry a backpadk full of weed and commit a lesser crime... NOW BACK TO THE CANCER conversation.

I sort of view marijuana as a recreational and a therapeutic effect. Muscle pain, stiffness or your ibruprophen type issues and you have liver concerns about NSAIDS then smoking might work for you.  My thought about smoking or the oils is that if you are on chemo, the very last thing you want to do is put anything in your stomach,  I have no first hand cancer experience thankfully, but I guarantee you if I ever have to do chemo I probably will be looking a lot more for weed to smoke than anything else.  My only, near first hand experience, was a buddy that had multiple cell myeloma, and he said he couldn't have made it without smoking pot. Took outI think two vertabrae, and eventually a stem cell treatment that he survived. (you can easily die of infection with no immunity).  Now disclaimer!!!!! He did smoke pot before the cancer so that certainly gave a little bias, but the meds made him feel sick and the smoking made him just not feel wuire like complete dog shit.

Hope that whoever you are asking for finds a way to deal with their cancer treatments. As for Alzheimers... how the fuck could it hurt?  Hope you can help them!

Edited by horn4life

I've never smoked pot in my life. I pulled a muscle in my neck really badly at the end of summer which caused a bulging disc/pinched nerve and I was in agony for 2-3 weeks and on the fritz for a good month or two beyond that. Chiro, Ortho, PT, etc....it took me a good 2.5 months before I was relatively pain free in every day life and I still had some symptoms at times. But I digress...I was desperate. I bought a vial of the stuff (Charlotte's Web) at Fresh Thyme (grocery store, not sure if you have them down in TX). It did seem to make me sleepy. It said a dosage was two droppers. Well the droppers only filled up halfway. So after 2 (1/2) droppers didn't do shit I moved to 4. I did 4 one night at golf league and I swear it fucked me up something royal in combo with 2-3 beers. Maybe my imagination. I backed way off after that and haven't touched it since. I understand that scientifically it should have no psycho-tropic effects but I swear it messed with me that night. It didn't really seem to help my pain fwiw, but I did feel that it mellowed me out. Maybe my imagination. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, HOOKEM4 said:

I take it regularly. After several months of use I can report things it has changed for me:

1) I sleep much better. This is a life changer for me as I was regularly getting sub 4 hours of sleep a night.

2) I very rarely get indigestion anymore. I used to take omeprozol (sp?) on a regular basis. No more.

3) I have noticed a decrease in regular everyday stresses. This is probably atributed to actually sleeping though. 

RE: mind altering, it is in no way shape or form altering. Hell you dont even realize it is doing anything till you look back and realize you haven't been getting up at night and staying up, or that you haven't had to take medicine for indigestion. At least that is my experience. It has been a pretty big quality of life enhancing supplement.

How much do you take?

On 11/28/2018 at 1:30 PM, Quagmire said:

My buddy says that if you get too high on THC that you can hit a CBD vape pen to level you out. Any truth to this? 

Your buddy sounds like a pussy? Too high? Sounds like fun

I would think that these statements are true. My wife gets headaches and after this thread, I was reading up on it. CBD is suppose to reverse or at least moderate the effects of THC.