Lance Armstrong: The Move

Thetexashammer

Well, I love cycling, and I don't seem to have nearly the opinion one way or another on one nut that you guys do. We've already had one guy compare him to Hitler.

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Even given that astronomical level of I-don't-give-a-shitedness, I keep hearing about Lance, and everything I hear about him tells me that he's a narcissist, a pathological liar, and a sociopath.  He's literally one of the most annoying people on the planet.

And I hope that maybe, just maybe, you would stop and think "Hmm. Maybe I am missing some info here that would be pertinent to my opinion". But nope.

I hated the guys guts when he was winning cycling races because of his awfulness. These days he's pretty lucid and somewhat amusing. The fact he causes so much butthurt, yes butthurt (literally the most annoying people on the planet? You guys are running out of hyperbolics here), is just a bonus for entertainment. It lets me lazily needle guys like Rex into ridiculous responses with zero effort. I didn't even direct anything his direction and he felt it necessary to jump in and ask if I was retarded. Am I retarded? No, I just don't care that Lance Armstrong was an asshole that much. He is a somewhat dickish guy who happens to be pretty entertaining these days and pisses off American cyclists like no other, which speaking as a cyclist, is awesome, because I hate America cyclists.

13 minutes ago, G650 said:

Well, I love cycling, and I don't seem to have nearly the opinion one way or another on one nut that you guys do. We've already had one guy compare him to Hitler.

And I hope that maybe, just maybe, you would stop and think "Hmm. Maybe I am missing some info here that would be pertinent to my opinion". But nope.

I hated the guys guts when he was winning cycling races because of his awfulness. These days he's pretty lucid and somewhat amusing. The fact he causes so much butthurt, yes butthurt (literally the most annoying people on the planet? You guys are running out of hyperbolics here), is just a bonus for entertainment. It lets me lazily needle guys like Rex into ridiculous responses with zero effort. I didn't even direct anything his direction and he felt it necessary to jump in and ask if I was retarded. Am I retarded? No, I just don't care that Lance Armstrong was an asshole that much. He is a somewhat dickish guy who happens to be pretty entertaining these days and pisses off American cyclists like no other, which speaking as a cyclist, is awesome, because I hate America cyclists.

Translation:  Yes, Lance Armstrong has proven to be a shitty human in every way possible but I insist that all of you enjoy his podcast.

11 minutes ago, G650 said:

I think maybe if you reread those last few sentences you wrote, and think about them really hard, you might be able to figure out why everyone else on this thread thinks you're a hopeless tool. 

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think maybe if you reread those last few sentences you wrote, and think about them really hard, you might be able to figure out why everyone else on this thread thinks you're a hopeless tool. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Nah, didn’t compare him to Hitler, and you’re not needling me. I’m glad we could elicit a Derka-esque response out of you. Glorious. 

Armstrong is a snake of the worst kind - someone that will try and have you believe he's contrite, reformed, remorseful and all that non-sense. But in the end he's incapable of changing his stripes.   One kind of cancer was / is eradicated from Armstrong's system.  But the other type will be there for life.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:47 PM, Beau Vine said:

I don't know.  But I know he's fucking sociopath, a narcissist, and a pathological liar, and I'm not even a psychologist.  He's cycling's Pete Rose.

Expecting change out of that mess is like hunting unicorns.

This is exactly right.  Fuck him.

How interesting could analysis of a bike race possibly be?  Most of the guys in the bike race went pretty fast.  A few went faster, a few went not as fast, and one guy even went the fastest.  And each bike race guy went his respective amount of fast while riding a bicycle.  The end.

Edited by BrickHorn

16 hours ago, G650 said:

The fact he causes so much butthurt, yes butthurt (literally the most annoying people on the planet? You guys are running out of hyperbolics here), is just a bonus for entertainment.

Quit saying butthurt. It isn't butthurt. No one likes him, that's all.

BUTTHURT

An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."

An example of butthurt would be aggy immediately after they watched Case McCoy beat them.

This is not that. This not an inappropriately strong negative emotional response. It's an appropriately strong negative response that is mostly free of emotion. This is not the result of a perceived insult or shame, unless you consider my shame that he represented Texas, which I guess is somewhat true. I don't sit around fuming because Lance won titles. I don't really think of him at all until a wanker decides to create a thread promoting his podcast. Lance is a nothing to me until someone brings him up, at which point I will never pass the opportunity to remind people that he's an asshole who ruined other people's lives, he's a narcissist, a liar, and a sociopath. It's simultaneously amusing and sad that a handful of you feel he is a changed man. The only thing that's changed is he no longer has a way to compete cheat.

11 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

How interesting could analysis of a bike race possibly be?

Pretty interesting actually. The dynamics are much more complex than say a football game.

17 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

This is not that. This not an inappropriately strong negative emotional response. It's an appropriately strong negative response that is mostly free of emotion. This is not the result of a perceived insult or shame, unless you consider my shame that he represented Texas, which I guess is somewhat true. I don't sit around fuming because Lance won titles. I don't really think of him at all until a wanker decides to create a thread promoting his podcast. Lance is a nothing to me until someone brings him up, at which point I will never pass the opportunity to remind people that he's an asshole who ruined other people's lives, he's a narcissist, a liar, and a sociopath. It's simultaneously amusing and sad that a handful of you feel he is a changed man. The only thing that's changed is he no longer has a way to compete cheat.

You sound butthurt.

• 2 weeks later...