Chinese buffet waiter in small town is a 7 Star player at Caesars?

Armybrat

A Friend of mine from Massachusetts posted this early today:

Jen was in the mood for Chinese food so we went to Wongs for the buffet.

Jimmy Mac our usual waiter told me he just got back from Vegas. He stays at Caesars.
He hit a 7 card straight flush on Pai Gow poker for $40,000 and he had a bet for the dealer, butĀ the pit didn't
want to pay the dealer bet saying the table max payout is the $40,000.Ā Ā  I guess after much discussion
they did pay the dealer.Ā Ā  He's a 7 star player and said he would take his play toĀ MGM - thatĀ might have had something
to do with the change of heart. I thought he was telling tall tales till he showed me his players card and called his host who verified the story.

How does a waiter in a local Chinese restaurant have the cash to become a 7 star?Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Armybrat

10 hours ago, iamthepush said:

Would this be the equivalent of me calling you "a friend of mine"?

Ā 

No, because I've met the guy in person at least a dozen times in the past 20 years, had numerous long one on one conversations whileĀ buying copious amounts of alcohol drinks for each other. Plus exchangingĀ littleĀ gifts on special occasions, andĀ not to mention offering himĀ much sincereĀ support during his time of extreme grief after his son was killed in a motorcycle accident 15 years ago.

We have belonged to the same small Las Vegas socialĀ boards in all that time, and have read each other's posts almost daily.Ā 

I don't recall doing the same with you.

Edited by Armybrat

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 9:46 AM, Armybrat said:

No, because I've met the guy in person at least a dozen times in the past 20 years, had numerous long one on one conversations whileĀ buying copious amounts of alcohol drinks for each other. Plus exchangingĀ littleĀ gifts on special occasions, andĀ not to mention offering himĀ much sincereĀ support during his time of extreme grief after his son was killed in a motorcycle accident 15 years ago.

We have belonged to the same small Las Vegas socialĀ boards in all that time, and have read each other's posts almost daily.Ā 

Zing!

• 1 month later...
Cool story old bro