2019 WR Demariyon Houston

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

His junior HUDL was frustrating due to the angles. You didn't really see him for most of the plays until the end.  His sophomore film was more interesting to me.  The kid can really move.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6063050/57f9114ded57ee4b38bcc81e

Yup. 10.71 100 meters and 21.42 200 meters as a sophomore.

Welcome to the 40,  Demariyon.   Hook 'em!

8 hours ago, RabidM said:

His junior HUDL was frustrating due to the angles. You didn't really see him for most of the plays until the end.  His sophomore film was more interesting to me.  The kid can really move.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6063050/57f9114ded57ee4b38bcc81e

Lulz at the helmet toss by the defender at 3:21 mark.  

while i think Garrett Wilson is a better high school receiver, I think Houston will be better at the college level. They are very similar in size and the way they play the position but Houston is .5 seconds faster in the 100m than Wilson. Garrett is more polished at this point while Houston is more raw. I think Wilson is a high floor with a slightly higher ceiling player while Houston has a lower floor and higher ceiling. 

19 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

while i think Garrett Wilson is a better high school receiver, I think Houston will be better at the college level. They are very similar in size and the way they play the position but Houston is .5 seconds faster in the 100m than Wilson. Garrett is more polished at this point while Houston is more raw. I think Wilson is a high floor with a slightly higher ceiling player while Houston has a lower floor and higher ceiling. 

Omg he's supporting the non-LT player what life are we leading what is happening

• Like 3

On 7/7/2018 at 7:30 PM, Bevo said:

How fast is Jake Smith?

He ran in the high 4.3s at his high school, but high school times aren't always accurate. He doesn't have any official times recorded anywhere 

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

Garrett dropped his 40 time from a 4.7 earlier this spring to a 4.49 at the recent Opening Finals, by the way

While I'd love for Houston to end up being better than GW, that's wishful thinking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Fud said:

Garrett dropped his 40 time from a 4.7 earlier this spring to a 4.49 at the recent Opening Finals, by the way

While I'd love for Houston to end up being better than GW, that's wishful thinking 

At that rate of improvement, he should be running in the 3s by Christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Garrett ran a PR of 11.38 in the 100m during his soph season. Houston ran a 10.7 during his soph season.

I saw Garrett with a PR 4.61 in the 40, down from 4.76 from 2017. Houston is considerably faster than Wilson. Whether Houston becomes a better receiver or not is still up in the air. Wilson is really, really polished. But there is no doubt Houston has the higher upside and the better physical tools moving forward.  

35 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Garrett ran a PR of 11.38 in the 100m during his soph season. Houston ran a 10.7 during his soph season.

I saw Garrett with a PR 4.61 in the 40, down from 4.76 from 2017. Houston is considerably faster than Wilson. Whether Houston becomes a better receiver or not is still up in the air. Wilson is really, really polished. But there is no doubt Houston has the higher upside and the better physical tools moving forward.  

Sure, Houston is obviously faster. To me though, low 4.5s fast enough to be elite if everything else, like hands, body control, functional athletic, route running now and route running potential, and toughness are all plus, and for Wilson they are. 

Houston could end up being better, but he has a lot of work to do to get there

On 7/8/2018 at 10:53 PM, Fud said:

Sure, Houston is obviously faster. To me though, low 4.5s fast enough to be elite if everything else, like hands, body control, functional athletic, route running now and route running potential, and toughness are all plus, and for Wilson they are. 

Houston could end up being better, but he has a lot of work to do to get there

I dont disagree. Wilson is fast enough but not a speed burner even at the high school level. He isnt even the fastest kid on LT's team. He is more of a polished receiver than an athletic freak. His hands, body control, route running and timing are all elite. And that is what makes him great now. His speed is good. His size is good. If he can continue in college to get separation through route running and his understanding of concepts and coverages and then use his timing and hands to bring it down, he will continue to shine and excel. But like everyone else, it will get tougher for Wilson as the DBs covering him become elite athletes who are faster and taller.

Houston on the other hand is a Wilson starter kit with more natural athletic tools but has a long way to go to be as polished and finished. And because of those tools, he projects to the college game better than Wilson imho. Given their current status, Wilson is easily than safer bet. He has the higher floor. But Houston has the higher ceiling and hopefully our coaches can develop that raw talent into something special.

Edited by Longhorn94

3 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Houston on the other hand is a Wilson starter kit with more natural athletic tools but has a long way to go to be as polished and finished. And because of those tools, he projects to the college game better than Wilson imho. Given their current status, Wilson is easier than safer bet. He has the higher floor. But Houston has the higher ceiling and hopefully our coaches can develop that raw talent into something special.

This is similar to stating that a QB automatically has a higher ceiling than another QB because he has a stronger arm 

7 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

I dont disagree. Wilson is fast enough but not a speed burner even at the high school level. He isnt even the fastest kid on LT's team. He is more of a polished receiver than an athletic freak. His hands, body control, route running and timing are all elite. And that is what makes him great now. His speed is good. His size is good. If he can continue in college to get separation through route running and his understanding of concepts and coverages and then use his timing and hands to bring it down, he will continue to shine and excel. But like everyone else, it will get tougher for Wilson as the DBs covering him become elite athletes who are faster and taller.

Houston on the other hand is a Wilson starter kit with more natural athletic tools but has a long way to go to be as polished and finished. And because of those tools, he projects to the college game better than Wilson imho. Given their current status, Wilson is easier than safer bet. He has the higher floor. But Houston has the higher ceiling and hopefully our coaches can develop that raw talent into something special.

This sounds like the Anthony Cook v. Jalen Green debate from last year.  Ultra-polished & ready, but potentially limited athletically v. raw, but talented plus athlete with tools and room to grow.  The correct answer is both should hopefully excel in college with good coaching so good luck to them both - but mostly just to Demariyon because f osu.  

So on this thread Longhorn94 is pointing out that Lake Travis player is exceptionally polished as a player but lacks elite athleticism to improve much more in college so may not have the ceiling as a college performer that another more athletic prospect and less developed prospect has.

Then Fud comes in and starts arguing with him about it.

What the fuck is going on?

• Like 4

Just now, Huckleberry said:

So on this thread Longhorn94 is pointing out that Lake Travis player is exceptionally polished as a player but lacks elite athleticism to improve much more in college so may not have the ceiling as a college performer that another more athletic prospect and less developed prospect has.

Then Fud comes in and starts arguing with him about it.

What the fuck is going on?

Seems like you're up to speed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fud said:

Well, he has already shown that he is smarter.

Bless that avi 4th & 5, Bravo!

The more I watch and read of this dude, the more I love the take. Our WR takes have been outstanding this year IMO. I would like to see us get Higgins on board and if we get 1 more stud great, if not we have a great group to sign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Bless that avi 4th & 5, Bravo!

The more I watch and read of this dude, the more I love the take. Our WR takes have been outstanding this year IMO. I would like to see us get Higgins on board and if we get 1 more stud great, if not we have a great group to sign.

Would rather have Wright over Higgins without a doubt.

• 4 months later...