Planning a trip with wife to Boston and Maine in october

markstanco

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just got back form a week in Boston/Maine.  I have to say that I loved them both very much.  We started in Boston for a couple of Days.  We stayed at the Battery Wharf Hotel in the North End. It was the perfect location.  It was easy to walk all over the North End and not too bad to Uber over to Boston Commons to start the Freedom Trail. We had a drink at Cheers one night after dinner at Mare Oyster Bar.  We had one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had at Bricco's the next night.  The food, service, and atmosphere were just outstanding.  We waited in line at Mike's Pastry to get some cannolis for the ride up to Maine the next day.  We drove to Portland right when Elsa was hitting New England.  We drove through torrential rain the entire time and then it poured the whole time we were in Portland.  We were in Maine for a wedding and were supposed to play golf Friday morning but it got postponed.  I ended up getting really drunk and passing out by 8 that night.  Oh well.  We played golf the next day and drove down to York where the wedding was to happen.  That was a great little town.  We stayed at the Union Bluff Hotel which over looks the beach in town.  As bad as the weather was on Friday, it was just perfect Saturday and Sunday.  It didn't get past 75 and was a nice crisp upper 50's at night.  We mostly did wedding activities so I don't have any recommendations on restaurants in York, but it was a great little town.  Overall, I enjoyed the hell out of Boston and Maine.  I'm not sure if I will ever go back, but I would say to anyone planning on going that they will have a great time.