wc semi 1 :: La bataille des hydres à trois têtes

Hagbard Celine

That was a big letdown of a game to what I expected. Mainly from Belgium. They looked as ordinary as could be. Much because of the defense of France. I thought we were going to see a bit more wide open of a game.

France vs England is the desired matchup for me. Hopefully with England losing.

1 hour ago, Spartan52 said:

Well it's 6:10 am, I'm thinking about going back to bed and trying to convince the wife into some morning glory, what do you think my chances are?

Your chances increase exponentially if you take some coconut oil to bed with you and wake her up with a massage.

If you don't know that already, well now you do.

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Such a great soccer player that you didn't even play college ball? Yeah, kick bricks dude. I was invited to ODP tryouts, played D1 classic in Frisco, attended No.1 goalkeeper camp on invite and was offered by several D2 and almost a dozen JuCo. I know bullshit when I see it. You can suck him off all you want, but at the end of the day Mbappe was being a bitch pure and simple.

Lol. I got accepted to UT AND got a job offer to work with the UT soccer women’s team. Why the fuck would I wantt to play D2 or D3 soccer? I wasn’t good enough to play D1... I’ll give you that. But still, couldn’t turn down college at UT, specially when I knew I could never play pro. Nothing wrong with that. 

And fuck yea he was. And it was smart soccer from his part. He showed that he is a matured, experienced 19 yr old soccer player. That’s just the way the game is played whether you like it or not.

Edited by JNip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Mexico is the all-time leader in world cup losses (27) and also has the worst all-time world cup goal difference (-38).  They are the only team in the Top-11 in World Cup games played to have never made the final and the only team in the Top-23 in World Cup games played other than Switzerland to have never made a semifinal.

Agreed. Mexico is the most consistent suck ass in soccer history. They turned it around in 1994 but they still can’t play the fifth game. Mexico is indeed the biggest underachievers in World Cup soccer. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

How in the world do you think this changes if FIFA hands control of the clock to the ref? The dribbling around in the corner would obviously not be affected at all. Neither would pretend confusion on set pieces, they would simply wait until the referee stops the clock and then resume play. Faking injury is the only thing that would be affected but that's a pretty minimal effect.

I dont care if they dribble around and play keep away with the ball in play. Part of the game. The bullshit is artificially lengthening the time when the ball is not in play. It would be okay if stoppage time was legit, but it's usually less than half of dead ball time.  Make it exact.  You have enough replay officials to do it. 

And wasted time in stoppage time is almost never added back at all.  In stoppage time, add a whole minute for each instance of intentionally wasted time, and add exact for unintentional. 

That bullshit would end quickly then. 

And replay every game and give next game suspensions for flopping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

so if england wins, do we go with puns based on the norman conquest, breton war, vexin war, anglo-norman war, anglo-french war, hundred years war, second hundred years war, battle of waterloo, american revolution, seven years war?

tough call...

I'ma go with the Falklands.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

That was a big letdown of a game to what I expected. Mainly from Belgium. They looked as ordinary as could be. Much because of the defense of France. I thought we were going to see a bit more wide open of a game.

Yep, Hazard looked like fucking trash, Tbo as well.  No clue why these scrubs are being linked to Real Madrid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JNip said:

Agreed. Mexico is the most consistent suck ass in soccer history. They turned it around in 1994 but they still can’t play the fifth game. Mexico is indeed the biggest underachievers in World Cup soccer. 

Just reply to people talking shit about Mexico as follows:

Cielito Lindo "Canta y no llores" is our theme for a reason dumbass. Now tell me something I don't know.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

France is going to be the favorite in 4 years, I’m going with wanting England to win it.

I didn't see the end of the game but agree with those complaining about time wasting.

I mean it'd perfectly cool in football for the team that is ahead and with the ball to run the clock by running up the middle; however, if the rule allowed the clock to continue to run because guys were faking injury, then no.  

I don't understand why it's so difficult for the ref to add the proper amount of time whether a guy is truly injured or not.  

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Just reply to people talking shit about Mexico as follows:

Cielito Lindo "Canta y no llores" is our theme for a reason dumbass. Now tell me something I don't know.

“I’m  forever blowing bubbles!!! Pretty bubbles in the air!!” 

Basically the same song. 

23 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I didn't see the end of the game but agree with those complaining about time wasting.

I mean it'd perfectly cool in football for the team that is ahead and with the ball to run the clock by running up the middle; however, if the rule allowed the clock to continue to run because guys were faking injury, then no.  

I don't understand why it's so difficult for the ref to add the proper amount of time whether a guy is truly injured or not.  

The end was the worst. There is a legit concussion. A full 5 minutes is wasted with the guy on the ground. That is fine if you add it fully to stoppage, but the refs dont. Then the guy is still clearly completely out of it, but France leaves him in to milk more clock. He goes down a couple times. Rolls around some more. Something like 8 to 10 minutes total gone. An NFL coach would have been destroyed for leaving a guy in like that. Belgium should have run hard at him anyway so the France coach would have to take heat for the decision. 

Then in stoppage. Belgium throw in. Mbappe takes the ball, walks away with it, then drops it as his feet and starts dribbling it. Belgium player pushes him from behind. Mbappe gets a yellow that goes away for the final, and no time added to stoppage. I would have probably punched a guy in the ear if they did some shit like that. Mbappe deserved to be knocked unconscious for that bullshit. 

Mbappe is a bigger bitch than Neymar. I have no clue how anyone can be fans of those guys. Bitchiest players in any sport. 

7 hours ago, alincoln said:

Mexico is the all-time leader in world cup losses (27) and also has the worst all-time world cup goal difference (-38).  They are the only team in the Top-11 in World Cup games played to have never made the final and the only team in the Top-23 in World Cup games played other than Switzerland to have never made a semifinal.

pay this man his money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

sometimes you get a scorefest in a world cup semi.  not very often.

extremely competent but just slightly not as good on the day looks ordinary at this level.

martinez should have gone 3-4-3 and didn't.  that's why he's roberto martinez.

on to tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

Someone tell France the final is going to be a war.

the croats are the first team to ever advance on kicks twice in a row.  they could be playing egypt tomorrow and have the same chance of winning vs. beating england.

the emotional and constitutional expenditure they've made to this point is unprecedented.   i fully expect england to win tomorrow (.... today, i guess, over in russia).

if the croats can beat england, in 90, in 120, from the spot, from open play, doesn't matter.  if they can beat england they are going to beat france.

if england wins tomorrow, i have no clue.  but will of course be pulling for england.

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

There is a legit concussion. A full 5 minutes is wasted with the guy on the ground. 

He goes down a couple times. Rolls around some more. Something like 8 to 10 minutes total gone.

Then in stoppage. Belgium throw in. Mbappe takes the ball, walks away with it, then drops it as his feet and starts dribbling it. Belgium player pushes him from behind. Mbappe gets a yellow that goes away for the final, and no time added to stoppage.

The beautiful game is just that because of the ambiguity.  VAR is the leveller on certain things.  You can't remove the theater, because then, the people will only be tuning in to watch the money.  We see where that's getting the NFL.  Like it or not, and we don't, the oSu game in '15 is why the college game is superior to the league.

21 hours ago, Chapo said:

I want to like Mbappe but his antics make it hard. 

Good game by Pogba, he was a rock on the defensive end.  As for Belgium, you can never win anything if you rely on Fellaini....

so much truth in this.  Fellaini scores a goal and then they insert that statue into the starting XI.  made no sense to me, he's an offensive flow killer and too slow on D.  He's not very good unless finishing headers on set pieces.

Pogba was outstanding.  smart on the pitch and always seemingly in the right place.