Justified

AustinMT

Season 5 was underrated, but had more potential.  Unlike all of Raylan's other foils, the Crowe family had no goal.  They were pure, Florida, white, trash.  All they ever set out to do was to be trashier than the day before.  That's dangerous.  Recast Darrell Crowe, and keep Danny Crowe around a bit longer, and Season 5 coulda be as good as Season 2.

Also:

1022full-alicia-witt.jpg

alicia_witt_pokies-554.jpg

Tim was a little more subtle. I don't recall them really digging into his character that much.

Put any three or four of the characters I listed into a room together and you have an interesting party. Tim would disappear into the background.

Probably trying to get a good angle for his sniper rifle to take them out.

Since I started this, I thought I would update.  We just finished Season 1 — we are hooked.  Great writing, very good and interesting characters and acting, well-paced.

I like it so much I have almost forgiven Timothy Olyphant for the terrible acting job he did in “Live Free or Die Hard”

2 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Since I started this, I thought I would update.  We just finished Season 1 — we are hooked.  Great writing, very good and interesting characters and acting, well-paced.

I like it so much I have almost forgiven Timothy Olyphant for the terrible acting job he did in “Live Free or Die Hard”

Season 2 is gonna blow your mind. The show has a drastic changed from Season 1 onward. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched the series over the last 3 months.  Really good to great show.  They really couldn't have ended it much better and loved how the last line(s) of the show led straight to the "thank you harlen county residents" credit.

I thought for sure if I searched youtube I'd fine some compilation of all the times Boyd says hi or welcomes Raylan as he walks in, but no.  Would be hilarious to hear over an over "Well Raylan Givens! To what do I owe this most unexpected surprise?!" 

Also the show is very bad for somebody trying to cut down on bourbon consumption...

27 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Watched the series over the last 3 months.  Really good to great show.  They really couldn't have ended it much better and loved how the last line(s) of the show led straight to the "thank you harlen county residents" credit.

I thought for sure if I searched youtube I'd fine some compilation of all the times Boyd says hi or welcomes Raylan as he walks in, but no.  Would be hilarious to hear over an over "Well Raylan Givens! To what do I owe this most unexpected surprise?!" 

Also the show is very bad for somebody trying to cut down on bourbon consumption...

If only we had known that every bourbon they name checked on the show should be bought out posthaste we could have saved some heartache.

(Actually I only remember Pappy and Elmer T Lee).

• 5 weeks later...

started this thread a couple weeks ago...

and couldn't even get a bite.  figured at least @BigOrange1 would've surfaced.

i've since finished the show.  ended strong, but i agree, parts of s4/s5 were probably the low point.  when you're in binge mode, some of the stories in those seasons got pretty repetitive and predictable.

not in my top 10, but a solid watch.