Sammy Hagar’s Rock and Roll Roadtrip

4th and 5

Sammy Hagar’s Rock and Roll Roadtrip

do yourself a favor and watch this show. It’s on cable TV channel AXS TV on Sunday nights. He interviews rock legends, does jam sessions with them, and has other stories  of interest. It’s a great show.

I've seen most episodes.  It's pretty much just Sammy being Sammy.  He's so damned rich there's no way it's for the money -- I think he's just a genuinely friendly dude who likes to hang out and drink, eat, chat, jam.

He seems to work in a reference to him being a singer himself (or guitarist) most interviews.  It's not malicious, he's just a goof who has some talent and never really grew up.  The episodes I've enjoyed most are where he has some historical context with who he's interviewing, like shared bills way back when, etc.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

Watched part of Hagar & Mellencamp....was ok but do not really warm to the whole rock star reciprocal flufffests.

Mellencamp has to be one of the prickliest interviews out there.  He's obviously sharp, and has immense talent, but he's an ass (and knows it).  Dan Rather struggled to get good stuff out of him, so Sammy had little hope.

I've always had a soft spot for Sammy.  The 1st concert I ever watched was Van Halen with him.  Summer 1993 @ the Woodlands Pavilion.  We drove from San Antonio for it; just graduated high school...

I've watched a few episodes.  Not that they were bad, but I can only handle so much of Hagar.  I did enjoy Dan Rather's interview with Hagar, though.

AXS is one of my favorite channels right now - old concerts, good shows breaking down good albums, hot chick with a countdown show, and Japanese Pro Wrestling.  

There are a few decent shows, but it's really a whore of a production. It looks like he hits a town and shoots about half a dozen shows while he's there, scraping up anybody he can find that people have heard of. Not a lot of effort put into it, and his questions are pretty brutal. The jam sessions are often cringe-worthy.