Carnoustie - 2018 Open Championship

Wally Fairway

23 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Molinari has been on a world class roll lately.  He was my pick before the week started.  I feel like he's got the best chance of the dudes 3 shots back or more.  But he'll need some help.

Can you help me with the mega million numbers next week?

I wouldn't call it a disappointing finish, more like a boring one. It was close to watching paint dry, unlike Jordan getting hot to win last year and the epic Phil/Henrik duel in 2016

This years final round was all about attrition, and Molinari played the steadiest hand. This year that makes him The Championship golfer of the year. Don't get me wrong Molinari played better than anyone and he deserve the win. But while Saturday was exciting as people were going low, today was about me hoping that Eddie Pepperell wasn't going to win. Not that I have anything against Pepperell, but he was off the course before it got interesting and I didn't want to have to watch the Champs round as a replay.

2 new names to see if they build on their Open performance - Pepperell and Zander Lombard, both played well and to be honest I'd never heard of either, unfortunately Zander finished with an 82 (dropping 54 places today).

Firestone, then the PGA and the FedEx - those will be nice to follow, but I always look forward to The Open and early prebreakfast major viewing.

6 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Anyone know who that was kissing tiger? (Not his kids) 

Her name is Erica Herman who he's been dating a while. She managed some of his restaurants. She was with him at the President's Cup last year. 

What a great weekend and perfect ending to a phenomenal 3 wk stretch. If y'all have not watched the Irish & Scottish in years past, you should next year. It makes golf actually fun to watch. 

Hate to admit but The Open is my favorite tournament of the year and it's not that close for me. I would have loved to see Augusta go back to its original creation, below is a photo from 1933 vs the modern, over treed-manufactured course of today. Not sure many "classic masterpieces" have been changed more over the last 100 years.

1_31.jpg&w=700&q=85

2_25.jpg&w=700&q=85

53 minutes ago, Goodman said:

What a great weekend and perfect ending to a phenomenal 3 wk stretch. If y'all have not watched the Irish & Scottish in years past, you should next year. It makes golf actually fun to watch. 

Hate to admit but The Open is my favorite tournament of the year and it's not that close for me. I would have loved to see Augusta go back to its original creation, below is a photo from 1933 vs the modern, over treed-manufactured course of today. Not sure many "classic masterpieces" have been changed more over the last 100 years.

1_31.jpg&w=700&q=85

2_25.jpg&w=700&q=85

I don't see the Waffle House and muffler shops out on Washington Road.

I wouldn't call it a disappointing finish, more like a boring one. It was close to watching paint dry, unlike Jordan getting hot to win last year and the epic Phil/Henrik duel in 2016
This years final round was all about attrition, and Molinari played the steadiest hand. This year that makes him The Championship golfer of the year. Don't get me wrong Molinari played better than anyone and he deserve the win. But while Saturday was exciting as people were going low, today was about me hoping that Eddie Pepperell wasn't going to win. Not that I have anything against Pepperell, but he was off the course before it got interesting and I didn't want to have to watch the Champs round as a replay.

2 new names to see if they build on their Open performance - Pepperell and Zander Lombard, both played well and to be honest I'd never heard of either, unfortunately Zander finished with an 82 (dropping 54 places today).
Firestone, then the PGA and the FedEx - those will be nice to follow, but I always look forward to The Open and early prebreakfast major viewing.
Disappointing in that it was boring. It had all the elements to be one of the all time great final rounds and Nick Faldo won with 18 pars. Not to take anything away from Molinari, it was great golf (and he actually did have birdies at the end.) Well deserved, but it lacked the drama that built up over the first 12-14 holes.
  • Like 1