Golf Cart Mods

NoRagrets

I'm thinking about pimping out a golf cart for a Christmas present for a relative. I want my kids to help me do it (teach them about hard work, flossin', and the art of giving). Has anyone done some golf cart or gator mods?

ideas I'm considering:

lift kit with sweet wheels

geound lights

fog lights

back seat kit (where golf clubs go)

paint job

bask me in your knowledge!

Uhhh go to the ROT rally next year and you’ll see plenty of ideas. Things I’ve seen:

* Speaker system
* Integrated cooler
* Rims
* Better lights
* Flag pole
* Integrated train horn
* Drunk women getting head injuries from falling off the back
* Turret-mounted squirt gun
* Roof spoiler
* Loud exhaust which sounded awful
* Neons underneath
* Trailer hitch to pull a dog on a trailer

I'm thinking about pimping out a golf cart for a Christmas present for a relative. I want my kids to help me do it (teach them about hard work, flossin', and the art of giving). Has anyone done some golf cart or gator mods?
ideas I'm considering:
lift kit with sweet wheels
geound lights
fog lights
back seat kit (where golf clubs go)
paint job
bask me in your knowledge!

Add a stereo and some longhorns and you’ve described my cart.
5a88700040d7b5deba79efbf63644311.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Shameless plug to a friend and fellow Longhorn grad and owner of Epic Carts in Frisco.  He's a good guy.  Look them up.  They do great work.  He's building an all electric off-road package for a guy that is in to varmint/hog hunting at night.  Big tires.  Beefed up suspension.  360 degree lights.  It's fast.  And more importantly, almost completely quiet.  I covet....

6 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Shameless plug to a friend and fellow Longhorn grad and owner of Epic Carts in Frisco.  He's a good guy.  Look them up.  They do great work.  He's building an all electric off-road package for a guy that is in to varmint/hog hunting at night.  Big tires.  Beefed up suspension.  360 degree lights.  It's fast.  And more importantly, almost completely quiet.  I covet....

So we already have the cart

8 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Here's mine.

Lift kit
Upgraded controller
2 ga battery cables
HD leaf springs
New rear seat
6 ply off-road tires
Grill guard
LED light
30" Green/white LED bar

Goes 20 mph on pavement.d3420fde6280e6a8190264008f2e841c.jpg7d1879251c6ebd588684cf5e48714250.jpg

That is tight. Did you do it yourself? How hard is it?

That is tight. Did you do it yourself? How hard is it?
I bought the car already lifted. I added the back seat, fender flares, grill guard, LEDs, and wheels. All pretty easy to do if you drink enough beer. Hardest mod was swapping out the old leaf springs. They were a bitch to remove, as the bushings were rusted to the bolts. Had to use a sawzall to cut the bolts off.

4 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Hunting rig. Green LEDs for hog hunting at night.

Yep.  And they are quiet (the electric ones).  They kick ass for night hunting (hogs & varmints).  Can cover a lot of ground and they offer a stable platform is you mount rests on them

It is a 'limo' version with three rows of seats.  Put a new wiring harness with brake lights, turn signals, and horn that will soon play Dixie.  

I couldn't find any pics of my cart.  Will get some this weekend after I get all of my wife's crap off of it.  

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday I put down the deposit to start a build similar to this with excessive carts in Prosper

Mine will have slightly different seats, black wheels, black struts for the roof, a fishing pole holder on the back, no expanded metal on the grill guard and a 20” light bar in front, but otherwise pretty much this. 5-6 weeks out, but I’m pumped. I’ll mostly cruise the neighborhood, but will take it to the FILs lake house when we go up every few months as well.

36713749_1046202242198716_29102790267046

Edited by JSB
suck at linking
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

What’d that set you back?

About $10k, but I was driving around earlier with my dog exploring nearby neighborhoods, and an SUV full of what I can only assume were drunk (hopefully not the driver) high school girls, called out, "hey there hottie, what are you doing tonight?" and asked for my number, to which I replied, "I'm 35!"...  I heard nothing else from them as I kept driving.  Still though, I haven't had a #metoo since college, so that was nice. 

I've spotted a few local ponds accessible legally by cart, but am going to be looking for more.  Unfortunately, one of my favorites, I don't think I can get to by cart because I can only drive on roads with a speed limit less than 35. 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:39 PM, JSB said:

Took delivery today. Perfect timing for cruising the neighborhood flying the Texas flag tomorrow after our win.

5779a3a61066fab70a3b9719a1df8ebc.jpg

I took this one a bit too early. My barely 4 year old was still working on her hook ‘em, but she got it
e741a4aae0b834cd639aadc160b39a5d.jpg

Listen,  blaming this for Saturday’s loss. You need to burn this up and try again. 

Another question:  if I end up moving to the Carolinas, am I required to own and operate a golf cart?

On 9/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Listen,  blaming this for Saturday’s loss. You need to burn this up and try again. 

Another question:  if I end up moving to the Carolinas, am I required to own and operate a golf cart?

I will settle for changing up the steering wheel (they painted the wrong color anyway)

On Carolinas, no idea, but in Prosper, if you have kids and aren't poor, get one.  They are fun as hell

I got my cart instead of a UTV because I mostly drive it around the neighborhood and I'd rather not piss off the neighbors with a loud-ass Ranger. 

Also the maintenance is nearly zero. I top-off the batteries with distilled water once every few months and keep air in the tires. That's it.

I paid ~5k for my cart used, though.

To register a golf cart as a LSV in Texas, you need to have the following on the cart:

• a normal maximum speed of 20-25 mph (LSV) or 20-35 mph (NEV)
  • seat belts
  • head and tail lights
  • a windshield
  • a parking brake
  • turn signals
  • rear-view mirrors
  • brake lights
  • reflectors
  • a valid 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

State law allows for use of golf carts with a slow-moving vehicle emblem in the following situations:

• in master planned communities with a uniform set of restrictive covenants in place,
  • on public or private beaches,
  • during the daytime and no more than two miles from where the owner usually parks the golf cart and for transportation to or from a golf course, or
  • to cross intersections, including a road or street that has a posted speed limit of no more than 35 miles per hour.

I've been pulled over 2x in my neighborhood where the sheriff wasn't aware of these laws even though my house is on a golf course and in a master planned community with restrictive covenants in place (The Woodlands).  Didn't get a ticket but was told to get off the streets...

If I'm not mistaken, New Braunfels now allows golf cars on the streets in the city.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:14 AM, JSB said:

About $10k, but I was driving around earlier with my dog exploring nearby neighborhoods, and an SUV full of what I can only assume were drunk (hopefully not the driver) high school girls, called out, "hey there hottie, what are you doing tonight?" and asked for my number, to which I replied, "I'm 35!"...  I heard nothing else from them as I kept driving.  Still though, I haven't had a #metoo since college, so that was nice. 

I've spotted a few local ponds accessible legally by cart, but am going to be looking for more.  Unfortunately, one of my favorites, I don't think I can get to by cart because I can only drive on roads with a speed limit less than 35. 

Getting catcalled by HS girls well worth 10k

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/15/2018 at 9:14 AM, ousuxndallas said:

Here's mine.

Lift kit
Upgraded controller
2 ga battery cables
HD leaf springs
New rear seat
6 ply off-road tires
Grill guard
LED light
30" Green/white LED bar

Goes 20 mph on pavement.d3420fde6280e6a8190264008f2e841c.jpg7d1879251c6ebd588684cf5e48714250.jpg

Did you do this shit yourself?

58 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Yes, for the most part. Took the panels off and got them line-x'd, installed the rest myself. It's pretty easy, really.

Makes for good hunting. 90950d694ec150e32bdffa959bcdbc07.jpg

You're not supposed to take the euphemism "lipstick on a pig literally".....;) 

• Like 1

Picked up a new Onward with the Lithium batteries a couple weeks ago. I never wanted a golf cart but the wife and kids out voted me. I will say it’s a fun neighborhood cruiser. I think the lazy dog likes it more than everyone else.

• 1 month later...