Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

18 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We should have a fan fiction contest where everyone posts their most disappointing possible ending and see who gets it right. Because it’s not going to be Jon and Danny married in KL, Sansa (and Tyrion?) married in Winterfell, Gendry and Arya married in StormsEnd, Jaime and Brienne married Casterly Rock, and Cersei and the Mountain dead by scorpion bolt up the butthole. 

Worst ending is Euron on the throne and everyone else dead.  Well, the Mountain lives too.

9 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

How did she and Jaime split? Season seven was so damn long ago?

when the northerners brought the wight to king's landing cersei promised her support.  but when jamie started planning the troop movement from KL to the north cersei ridiculed him and basically said he was stupid for falling for her lie.  

Edited by gsoda3

The negative reviews for 3.6 and 3.7 were almost entirely attributable to the Theon torture scenes, while the negative reviews for 5.6 were almost entirely attributable to the Sansa rape scene.

The negative reviews for 8.3 and 8.4 were attributable to the episodes sucking horribly.

• Like 4

Well there is this I saw from a youtube video that breaks down the trailer for ep5.

Theory based on character reactions in trailer:

Spoiler

Theory is Drogon laid eggs few seasons ago when he left Dany....and the kid(s) are coming to help out.

a6ffd7a04fd8948a1db7354a8d94142b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by utxmike05

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

when the northerners brought the wight to king's landing cersei promised her support.  but when jamie started planning the troop movement from KL to the north cersei ridiculed him and basically said he was stupid for falling for her lie.  

That's sort of all I remember about it. Unless I missed something, the next thing we know, he's in Winterfell. So we really weren't shown how Jaime and Cersei parted. In any case, her not killing Tyrion could have been a calculated decision.

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

That's sort of all I remember about it. Unless I missed something, the next thing we know, he's in Winterfell. So we really weren't shown how Jaime and Cersei parted. In any case, her not killing Tyrion could have been a calculated decision.

no he and her have a talk he says he promised to fight and intends to keep his promise . she threatened him with the mountain . he said " i don't believe you" and left and rode to WF alone 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

no he and her have a talk he says he promised to fight and intends to keep his promise . she threatened him with the mountain . he said " i don't believe you" and left and rode to WF alone 

It also started snowing in KL as he rode off, but no sign of winter there this season.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

In any case, her not killing Tyrion could have been a calculated decision.

The whole reason Dany met with Cersei was to show the people that she at least tried for peace and have them see Cersei refuse.  I'm not sure how popular Tyrion is in King's Landing, but maybe she didn't want to kill him in a way that the people of King's Landing would find out about.

8 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

The whole reason Dany met with Cersei was to show the people that she at least tried for peace and have them see Cersei refuse.  I'm not sure how popular Tyrion is in King's Landing, but maybe she didn't want to kill him in a way that the people of King's Landing would find out about.

But what people saw the parley?  The only KL people that were there were Cersei and her crew and the soldiers on top of the 30 foot wall.  Unless Fleabottom has a jumbotron that broadcasted the whole thing, Dany's plan was rather stupid and beyond unrealistic, much like this show is becoming.

Edited by Brock Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Probably Tyrion and Varys too for treason and she will plot to kill Jon just to tie up the loose ends. \

I really don't see how Tyrion and Varys can survive. Grey Worm, Missendei, Jorah, Dario are/were all loyal to a fault and their on the Queen's council. 

How can the only politicos left openly discuss treason and expect to live? I think everyone who's ever committed something like this on the show has ended up dying. Dany is definitely going to roast KL alive.

The foreshadowing is obvious too. Yara defeats Euron and saves them from the railgun ballistas. 

42 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Well there is this I saw from a youtube video that breaks down the trailer for ep5.

Reveal hidden contents

Theory is Drogon laid eggs few seasons ago when he left Dany....and the kid(s) are coming to help out.

Oh Jesus Christ -- first Starbucks and now Ray-Ban. Anachronisms abound!!!!!!!

Most disappointing ending?  Hmm.
1. Cersei is mortally wounded by a rampaging Dany, but in her dying moments reconciles with Tyrion and Jamie and apologizes to the Starks. Everyone is moved by this and decides to forgive her. They are able to save her baby right before she dies.  The baby takes its place on the iron throne, and the other characters conclude that Cersei really was misunderstood all along and was just a strong woman who would do anything for her children, like any good mother.
2. Dany kills Jon, Tyrion, Jamie, Arya, Varys and Davos in one sudden dragon fire burst, as they were all somehow unaware of the giant dragon overhead while they were meeting to plot how to stop her.  As Dany is about to be coronated Queen, Bran wargs into a pigeon and shits where Dany is about to step, causing her to slip and fall, breaking her neck.  She dies.
3. The Mountain and Hound hug it out and decide to open a tavern together.
4. Sam and Gilly decide Craster was right all along, and sacrifice their baby to try to conjure back the spirit of the Night King.  They move North of the Wall to use maester knowledge to try to form new white walkers.
5. Stannis is not dead, and he kills Brienne for being weak in choosing to let him live.  Haunted by burning his daughter, he joins Sam and Gilly’s child sacrifice cult to prove it isn’t such a bad thing to do.
6. Sansa and Euron get married.  Euron chooses Sansa over Cersei when Sansa tells him he wants a good girl but needs a bad pussy.  Sansa then betrays Jon and Arya to Dany so she can make a clean break from her past and start over with Euron.
7. Bronn joins the Faceless Men, and shows them how they’re really failing to maximize revenue from their killing contracts.  They relocate from Braavos to the Reach and diversify into banking and farming.  The Citadel becomes a mixed use building with a Madame Tussaud’s wax faces museum for tourists.
8. Gendry inexplicably decides to take a row boat to the Storm Lands, and as of yet has not arrived to take his place as lord.  He is believed lost at sea, although fishermen sometimes report sightings, leading him to be known as Lord Gendry Rivers of the Loch Ness.

9. They accidentally leaked this footage where they just spliced in the ending of Reign of Fire. McConaughey comes out of nowhere and jumps off the battlements.
48dd820c5701e3af3e14f7373b160c8e.gif
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the preview, he could have used those ray bans in ep 5

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

“The seven kingdoms are forged together with some intense scissoring.”

Kings Landing is going to get a lot more than a taco rash in the next two weeks. It occurs to me that at some point Dany is going to have to quit flying around burning up shit - it will get boring. That means she'll either have to land her dragon or he'll be wounded and land inside the walls. At that point he'll begin fucking up people real bad as they try to kill him. Should be some good visuals. While he's doing this, she'll head for the Iron throne to find Cersei.

3 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

Okay, so I'm wrong about a secret pact between the two. She still may be counting on his allegiance and wouldn't risk losing it by murdering Tyrion. It should be an interesting reunion. Someone is going to be fucking someone. I'm not seeing a three-way between them and Neuron.

2 hours ago, BLKNSTY said:

I really don't see how Tyrion and Varys can survive. Grey Worm, Missendei, Jorah, Dario are/were all loyal to a fault and their on the Queen's council. 

How can the only politicos left openly discuss treason and expect to live? I think everyone who's ever committed something like this on the show has ended up dying. Dany is definitely going to roast KL alive.

The foreshadowing is obvious too. Yara defeats Euron and saves them from the railgun ballistas. 

If anyone deserves to die it's that eunuch bastard. He told Tyrion he was going to stop Dany. Tyrion will kill his ass. The Imp needs to kill someone, for God's sake. And for no particular reason, I hope No Worm gets offed ASAP

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

9. They accidentally leaked this footage where they just spliced in the ending of Reign of Fire. McConaughey comes out of nowhere and jumps off the battlements.
48dd820c5701e3af3e14f7373b160c8e.gif

According to some in this thread, we accept the existence of dragons and magic so we shouldn't criticize Matthew McConaughey showing up. It's unrealistic fantasy bro.
  • Like 1

Dany is about to go redrum on King's Landing...I think she will fight off the urge to react and turn into her dad....but she is still going to wreck shop in a controlled way.

Hoping the good guys have some tricks up their sleeves...but I doubt it.  Everyone just split up after Winterfell was weird.

My guess-- Aaron Rodgers will play a small-time knight that think he deserves the Iron Throne, gets leap-frogged at the last second by a much more deserving character, and will then whine about it for decades while also being the douchiest knight the Seven Kingdoms has ever known.

Or he'll get torched by a dragon, which would be really, really satisfying. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

He's going to be some poor peasant in the common area.  Danny is burning Kings Landingers left and right.  A scoripion is making it's aim to fire just as the dragon's tail swipes and wipes it out.  The giant bolts fall down in front of Rogers.  He throws off his mud/shit covered clothes unveiling his pristine #12 GB jersey.  He picks up a bolt and closes his eyes and has visions of his childhood of throwing footballs out in the pasture (like in Unnecessary Roughness) he fires that bolt right into the dragon's skull, saving Westeros. 

19 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Kings Landing is going to get a lot more than a taco rash in the next two weeks. It occurs to me that at some point Dany is going to have to quit flying around burning up shit - it will get boring. That means she'll either have to land her dragon or he'll be wounded and land inside the walls. At that point he'll begin fucking up people real bad as they try to kill him. Should be some good visuals. While he's doing this, she'll head for the Iron throne to find Cersei.

Okay, so I'm wrong about a secret pact between the two. She still may be counting on his allegiance and wouldn't risk losing it by murdering Tyrion. It should be an interesting reunion. Someone is going to be fucking someone. I'm not seeing a three-way between them and Neuron.

If anyone deserves to die it's that eunuch bastard. He told Tyrion he was going to stop Dany. Tyrion will kill his ass. The Imp needs to kill someone, for God's sake. And for no particular reason, I hope No Worm gets offed ASAP

Dany will have the dragon light the building with Cersei on fire and Dany then enters the fire to finish her off.  Walking in the throne room naked through the building fire.....slowly

I'm sure it's been mentioned but how in the world is Tyrion going to escape Cersei this next episode? He's close enough that after she's proven she wants war then she should attempt to attack him immediately before the dragon gets mounted. Don't tell me he's going to zig-zag his little ass out of there.

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Douchebag QB to make a cameo on GoT this week.

Fuck all the haters Aaron.  Just keep throwing touchdown passes my brother.  And lots of passing yards.  Rushing TDs are fine too.  If being in a telly-vison show helps with all that, make it happen.

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread