Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

But beyond that I loved the episode.

I do wish Cersei had gone out with a knife to her throat.

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don’t think they are.

We didn’t actually see them die.

Yup. Cersi and Jamie are still alive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Was she ever really a goody?  She's sold everyone on that with her words, but she's always had a ruthless streak.  She wants the Iron Throne at any cost.

And the fact that Jon is entitled to it by birthright and still doesn't want it is exactly why it's got to be his.  He was a reluctant king even when chosen in the North.  The fact that he doesn't want power is what maked him wield it well.

he respects it and has a conscience.  But Tyrion would make a good ruler too.  Cersei ruled ruthlessly and was undone by the same so that was a good arc.  I liked the Euron Jamie battle and saw that coming but really thought Jamie would kill another mad King, but then she had his child in her and that wasn't going to happen.    

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Anyon

I thought it might have been Bran warging at first.

That reminds me why this episode was so great...

Fucking impotent emo Yoda was not in it.

Just now, Barry_McCokiner said:

Not really.    Jamie killed Cersei.   

Loved the episode

What episode were you watching? He destroyed the entirety of his character arc and tried like hell to save Cersei before the roof caved in around them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

What is the significance again (if any) of the white horse that Arya rode out on?  Have we seen this horse or a similarity play out before?

I thought they were implying she was killed at first, but then realized she would have ridden off on her Dire Wolf.  

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

The only thing I can point to is that they surrendered in Mareen and she found herself with an insurection. She is a Targaryen alone in this world. She decided to burn it down and start from scratch.

she's probably miffed that the people didn't rise and try to overthrow their masters when given the opportunity.  Stupid people say this all the time with modern governments run by tyranny.  Well, why don't their people help?  Probably because their families would be put to the sword.  

Edited by Mdhorn

12 minutes ago, Pods said:

What episode were you watching? He destroyed the entirety of his character arc and tried like hell to save Cersei before the roof caved in around them. 

In his arms.  His path lead to her death.  Now she probably does anyway but that’s it

jamie feared the white walkers that’s why he went to winterfell.  He never stopped loving Cersei 

Edited by Barry_McCokiner

Its easier to subvert expectations by subverting character arcs.

Varys the Cunning turns into Varys the Clumsy.

Arya the cold-hearted NK-killer who can slip in and out of anywhere, turns into a crying girl seeing the carnage and will now try to save the day. Cersei, smersie. I found a white horse. Now Deanaryis is the bad guy.

Cersei wants to live! We missed the scenes where Clarence, her guardian angel, shows her what things would be like if she had never been born.

It was an enjoyable episode if you turn off your brain and enjoy the Hound vs the Mountain. It’s like, who cares? The Mountain is a zombie. Awesome, he’s about to make the Hounds eyes explode!
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

question:\

where the fuck are Tormund and Brienne?

Tormund went back north of the wall.

Brienne is presumably back at Winterfell guarding Sansa, drinking heavily, and taking home pregnancy tests every couple of hours.

Just now, Barry_McCokiner said:

In his arms.  His path lead to her death.  Now she probably does anyway but that’s it

They've pretty much done away with any of the prophecy stuff. Unless the ceiling is the valonqar, they skipped over the rest of the prophecy. They didn't mention the second part directly in the show.

'"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.""

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread