Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

SO disappointed in that series finale, in season 8 in general. The writing and pacing was a wet diaper this season. The acting, music, cinematography was on point, but the writing was a kick in the balls for real.

Fuck D&D, Dildo and Dingleberry. There are so many ways they could have made that final episode better. 

nVtXVny.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Random thoughts...

Liked:

Tyrion explaining at length that Dany's always been willing to burn their world down for the sake of building a new one.

Jon killing Dany himself.  Very well done.

Sansa keeping the North independent and becoming Queen in the North.

Jon riding off with the wildlings.

Didn't like:

Drogon melting the Iron Throne.  The fucking dragon understands the significance somehow?

Bran becoming king.  After all that, the cripple who sat there the whole time taking notes is elected king and Westeros becomes a democracy thereafter?  GTFOH.

A lot of the dialogue was pretty bad.  I swear you could tell the actors didn't even believe in it anymore.

I give the final season a C+.  Episodes 3 and 5 were excellent in my book and the rest were well below previous standards.

• Like 3

So Bran being omniscient and knowing the future isn't mentioned really by any character the entire time from when he showed up at Winterfell until he became king. Like somehow nobody cares that they basically have Westeros Jesus just hanging out. Nobody ever talks about it or asks him about it. But the reasoning that instantly sold everyone on making a cripple who can't bear children king was "he has a cool story". That was his campaign slogan.

Then omniscient Bran has to ask his council where the dragon is.

LO fucking L

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

So Bran being omniscient and knowing the future isn't mentioned really by any character the entire time from when he showed up at Winterfell until he became king. But the reasoning that instantly sold everyone was "he has a cool story".

Then omniscient Bran has to ask his council where the dragon is.

LO fucking L

Or better yet...... He knew Dany was going to go mad queen and kill thousands but hey.... It's OK.  We can let that happen.  So I can be king.  

Well it was ok...
Guessing they want us to Assume Stark and Targaryen houses will end(if jon sticks to vows or they wont acknowledge wilding mix) and sansa heirs would take fathers name???

While Lannisters and baratheon plus lesser houses go on

Bittersweet ending which should've been expected from series

1 minute ago, deech said:

Eight seasons and Jon gets his rightful title..... Queenslayer. That has to be useful beyond the wall, right?  Especially since he can't take a wife. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but those rules went out the window when he rode off with the wildlings. He can have all the wildling ass he wants. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, deech said:

Eight seasons and Jon gets his rightful title..... Queenslayer. That has to be useful beyond the wall, right?  Especially since he can't take a wife. 

RuPaul calling for Mr Jon Snow the Queenslayer.

So what's the point of the symbolism of the iron throne being melted if there's still gonna be a monarch ruling Westeros?

Also, why does a show insanely pressed for time show Tyrion staring at a wall for 30 seconds, and dragging chairs around for another 60 seconds. It's like they still don't have 20 things that need to be explained.

Grey Worm got Peter Principle’d.  Gets promoted to master of war and 5 minutes later his queen gets shanked.  
And man did he get annoying.  Why did he get a say in Jon’s fate? I kept thinking, STFU dickless.  Nobody cares.

Grey Worm dropped by the CGI dept with coffee and donuts. His squad of a few hundred became a few thousand. After being decimated by the Undead, Euron’s ambush, and friendly-fire from Dany, they’re rolling with 20 or so battalions.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, deech said:

to be fair, he'd already went queenslayer a couple of times, am i right ??

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So what's the point of the symbolism of the iron throne being melted if there's still gonna be a monarch ruling Westeros?

The throne was a curse.  People saw it as some kind of prize and lusted after it to the demise of themselves and civilization.   No one should WANT to sit on it.  It was made to be uncomfortable as fuck for a reason that no one understood until they sat on it.  

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Also, why does a show insanely pressed for time show Tyrion staring at a wall for 30 seconds, and dragging chairs around for another 60 seconds. It's like they still don't have 20 things that need to be explained.

I thought the same. Typical for this season.

13 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Grey Worm dropped by the CGI dept with coffee and donuts. His squad of a few hundred became a few thousand. After being decimated by the Undead, Euron’s ambush, and friendly-fire from Dany, they’re rolling with 20 or so battalions.

And the Dothraki have grown from like 5 to 500 since D&D literally said episode 3 was “the end” of them lol 

It was never going to make everyone happy, but that ending was a cop out, imo, especially Jon going to the Wall. Like who the fuck is Greyworm?

I was thinking the same thing. Who the fuck is he to decide what happens after Dani’s death when Jon should be King. Sansa should have told him to fuck off and organized the other families to fight to get Jon out. Or something, anything else.
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread