Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

3 hours ago, Grandioso said:

If major spoilers leak, I don't know how the hell people are going to avoid them for a freaking year. I hope they are shooting this thing where only a nucleus of writers, editors, and producers know the linear story and ultimate outcomes. 

good luck with that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it’s a figure of speech.  she may be tired from filming or some other such shit.  maybe her scenes were the last ones shot.  I don’t know but it doesn’t matter.   if you think she’s dumb enough to attach a hashtag to ruining the end of ten-plus years of GoT you’re a fucking putz.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While we are 50 something days to a new GOT episode, anyone hear anything about the spinoff shows?  Are they going back to the original war? or continuing where GOT leaves off?  BTW I always thought they should do a spinoff off the knight (forgot his name) he had like 4/5 pages in the book highlighting his accomplishments (jamie had a half page). Joffrey made fun of Jamie about this.

He is the first to make allies of wildlings and Northmen. He was named Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, he was named King in the North, not because of his birthright. He HAS no birthright, he's a damn bastard! All those hard sons of bitches chose him as their leader, because they believed in him. All those things you don't believe in, he faced those things, he fought those things for the good of his people. He risked his life for his people. He took a knife in the heart for his people. He gave his own....

• Like 2

I prefer: 

https://youtu.be/LeYwkeX6xNI

edit: well it doesn't fucking matter what i prefer because goddamn youtube won't allow me to embed any of the various goddamn videos of the final scene from S4 E1, "Two Swords". The scene where Arya and the Hound confront Polliver and his gang and eat all the fucking chickens in the room.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:19 AM, Goo Punch said:

I prefer: 

https://youtu.be/LeYwkeX6xNI

edit: well it doesn't fucking matter what i prefer because goddamn youtube won't allow me to embed any of the various goddamn videos of the final scene from S4 E1, "Two Swords". The scene where Arya and the Hound confront Polliver and his gang and eat all the fucking chickens in the room.

Arya is such a badass. I hope they do her character justice in the final season. 

• Like 1

Just finished rewatching/watching. I had hoped that fat lazy fuck would finish writing before the show ended, so I stopped watching around the end of season 4 and did my best to avoid spoilers. Original plan was to wait until either the books or the show were over, then have an epic  binge fest on whichever medium finished first. 

Tv spoilers were hard as hell to avoid after season 6 and then I randomly ended up at a bar on Sunday night during season 7. Not a huge turnout but good size group of dedicated viewers getting trashed and talking shit (wings being fifty cents and fucking delicious didn’t hurt either),  good times. So I said fuck it, watching in real time at a bar will be way more fun than binge watching or risking getting spoilered every Monday morning since that’s all anyone will be talking about. Can’t wait!

did notice that once the show passed the books, the storylines sped way up. Although that also seems partly due to the fact that during other seasons it’d take episodes for characters to travel across Westeros but during season 7 you have characters in one scene up north and the next down in Kings Landing or elsewhere wayyy south.

Love that little finger got his. Can’t wait to see how they deal with Cersei, knowing she isn’t going to ride north to help. Hope there is more than one big fight scene in the season. Also, not sure why but season 7 seemed way more comical than all the other seasons combined.  From the Sam Tarly shit emtpying sequence on, there was a lighthearted feel to the whole thing I rarely saw before.

Last thing, can’t forget the line “if you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention”. Wondering how true the story sticks to this ideology, if at all...

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread