Pappa Don't Teach ...

woohorn

18 hours ago, woohorn said:

"Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s," Schnatter reportedly said on the call, adding the Sanders didn't face outcry for his statements.

Ah, the old "(Insert Name) gets to use the 'N Word', why can't I?"

Why do you want to walk around spewing racial epitaphs?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

How has there never been a chain started by offering the pizza from our school days...  fucking gold mine imo. 

square_cafeteria_pizza.jpg

I wonder if that was a Sysco foods things.

We had these in California.  Absolutely disgusting

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Can't even call a spade a spade anymore.

I will be completely unsurprised when SJW put their boot on the throat of racism by calling for the end of playing cards that use  spades.  It makes as much sense as a lot of their crap. 

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I will be completely unsurprised when SJW put their boot on the throat of racism by calling for the end of playing cards that use  spades.  It makes as much sense as a lot of their crap. 

The rigid sexism of the King-Queen-Jack hierarchy is what should really bother you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

He was already down in he count 0-2.  Don't come bitching to me that it was a foul tip.

Well in that call, he pointed out specifically the terribleness of racism, including that which he witnessed as a kid growing up in indiana.  LOL, for chrissakes he was trying to confirm the evils of racism.  But then he went there.  I wouldn't have gone there.  You wouldn't have gone there.  Not even Bobby Byrd in his Klan days would have gone there.
But that got hammered out of context.  Forrest was right though, stupid is as stupid does.  I won't cry over his leaving because I'd use his pizza as a welcome mat first.

But man that shit's just crazy pills over the top.

Maybe it wasn't the foul tip.  It was the first two strikes that the ump called, which were 4 feet high and 5 feet outside.

Anyway, I eat mostly salads now as it is.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I drive through rural Texas, I am always fascinated by Hunt Brothers Pizza.  It seems like it's a helluva business model.  I mean--I know the pizza is probably on par with old-school Pizza Classics.  But really--do the denizens of East Bernard know the difference?

You gotta eat something after you go watch The Emotions

SJW want a body count. They don’t care if they take out the right people or not. 

Collateral damage in the war against oppression. They are the black guy (no racist) in the movie Predator chopping down the jungle with a mini gun. 

Edited by Lhorn

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Well in that call, he pointed out specifically the terribleness of racism, including that which he witnessed as a kid growing up in indiana.  LOL, for chrissakes he was trying to confirm the evils of racism.  But then he went there.  I wouldn't have gone there.  You wouldn't have gone there.  Not even Bobby Byrd in his Klan days would have gone there.
But that got hammered out of context.  Forrest was right though, stupid is as stupid does.  I won't cry over his leaving because I'd use his pizza as a welcome mat first.

But man that shit's just crazy pills over the top.

Maybe it wasn't the foul tip.  It was the first two strikes that the ump called, which were 4 feet high and 5 feet outside.

Anyway, I eat mostly salads now as it is.

So he was pointing out how not-racist he is because he doesn't call then the n-word to their face and hasn't dragged one to death with his truck?  Who responds like that?  His NFL comments were stupid.  This was just way beyond stupid.  I don't care if he's really racist or not that dumbass shouldn't be running a company that large.

19 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Wait a minute.... if I say "I think it's despicable that someone in the year 2018 would dare to say something as vulgar as calling someone a n*gger" (using the actual word), that's racist because I used the word in denouncing the use of the word?

I understand it's uncomfortable to hear, but one must consider context.  Frankly I'm not sure what his point was.  

16 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah-wouldnt that make the article reporting it racist in the same sense? And this thread too?

Its still a monumentally stupid thing to say (and ironic in context), but the lede seems somewhat misleading.

But that wasn't the context.  He was mad he's getting into trouble on PR stuff.  So he says Colonel Sanders used to get away with dropping the n bomb.  He wasn't denouncing it.  He was itsnotfair.gif.

He's lamenting about the standards changing.  It's the MAGAiest thing possible.  "How lame is it that back in the good old days you could say [x], now people get all upset about it?"  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

But that wasn't the context.  He was mad he's getting into trouble on PR stuff.  So he says Colonel Sanders used to get away with dropping the n bomb.  He wasn't denouncing it.  He was itsnotfair.gif.

He's lamenting about the standards changing.  It's the MAGAiest thing possible.  "How lame is it that back in the good old days you could say [x], now people get all upset about it?"  

That’s not how I read it at all. It appeared he was saying not to worry, this would all blow over-Col Sanders used the n word, and people not only buy his chicken, his face is plastered everywhere and KFC has revived him in ads. His point was his anthem stance was trivial by comparison, so no big deal.

The article even admits he was using that to demonstrate he was opposed to racism, but that some took offense to his use of the word.

Hes guilty of being monumentally stupid. Not for the first time, either. But that’s it.

• Like 1

Dude's getting beaten like a fucking piñata:

University of Louisville president Neeli Bendapudi said Thursday that the school is evaluating the naming rights to Papa John's Cardinal Stadium as fallout continues over John Schnatter's use of the N-word during an internal conference call.

Schnatter, the pizza chain founder, resigned from the school's board of trustees and as Papa John's chairman on Wednesday after the story came to light.

Bendapudi spoke to reporters in Louisville after a board of trustees committee meeting Thursday.

"We haven't had a chance to discuss it formally but yes, certainly we are aware that there is a lot of interest in this and we are hoping to come together to discuss it," she said, according to WDRB.com

The naming rights deal for the football stadium is unique, because the school's deal is with Schnatter, not the Papa John's brand. The deal provides that if he leaves the company, Schnatter can rename the building. His current deal with the university runs through 2040.

Already, the mayor of his hometown of Jefferson, Indiana, had Schnatter's name removed from the town's basketball gym and ordered his likeness taken down from the city's Wall of Fame.

Meanwhile, Major League Baseball's Miami Marlins issued a statement Thursday to say they are "immediately suspending our relationship and promotions with the Papa John's brand." Later on, the Tampa Bay Rays said they suspended their discounted pizza promotion with the company.

3 hours ago, woohorn said:

All the backlash (besides him losing his title) is wild.

They gonna have to rename the biz? I am too lazy to look it up, but I wonder what the stock has been doing?

from henceforth it will be Papa Jemimahs

Dude with a German last name making allegedly Italian food sounds like some cultural appropriation to me.

And "Papa" John isn't even trying to hide his connection to the Patriarchy.

Not to mention that when they redid their stores they destroyed historical architectural context. Oh sure, nobody thought they were special. Nobody ever does when the bulldozers are running.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Not sure what "values" they're talking about considering they had Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino as their coaches.

My Ft. Knox Drill Sergeant ranted about Louisville being a worthless little Jheri-curl hoodlum town and that we shouldn't waste time there.

But my Drill Sergeant was black, so he could say that. Unlike Papa John. So unfair.

• Like 1

Do we not have audio of this conference call?

Schnatter's version:

The comments came during what Schnatter called in his letter a "diversity media training" session with Laundry Service, a marketing agency. "During and after that meeting, the Laundry Service leadership strongly urged that our company retain Kayne West as my co-spokesman in the television spots and other promotions," Schnatter wrote.

"I told them that would not work because he uses the ‘N’ word in his lyrics," Schnatter said in the letter, which was first reported by CNBC. "During this diversity media training, which covered a wide number of topics, I was asked whether I was racist. I, of course said no--which is a truthful statement as those of you who know me well will attest."

After members of the ad agency asked Schnatter about controversial comments he made regarding NFL owners--which led to his stepping down as CEO of the company last year--Schnatter explained that he never uses the n-word. But in the process of defending himself, he apparently used that very word.

"I then said something on the order of, Colonel Sanders used the word ‘N,’ (I actually used the word,) that I would never use that word and Papa John's doesn't use that word," Schnatter wrote. But, he claims, he never meant it as a racial epithet.

Schnatter also claimed that Laundry Service asked Papa John's for $6 million in payment--more than four times what Schnatter says they were owed--because some of its staff had been offended by his comments. In the end, the company "gave into to this extortion attempt" and paid them $2.5 million.

6 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Do we not have audio of this conference call?

Schnatter's version:

The comments came during what Schnatter called in his letter a "diversity media training" session with Laundry Service, a marketing agency. "During and after that meeting, the Laundry Service leadership strongly urged that our company retain Kayne West as my co-spokesman in the television spots and other promotions," Schnatter wrote.

"I told them that would not work because he uses the ‘N’ word in his lyrics," Schnatter said in the letter, which was first reported by CNBC. "During this diversity media training, which covered a wide number of topics, I was asked whether I was racist. I, of course said no--which is a truthful statement as those of you who know me well will attest."

After members of the ad agency asked Schnatter about controversial comments he made regarding NFL owners--which led to his stepping down as CEO of the company last year--Schnatter explained that he never uses the n-word. But in the process of defending himself, he apparently used that very word.

"I then said something on the order of, Colonel Sanders used the word ‘N,’ (I actually used the word,) that I would never use that word and Papa John's doesn't use that word," Schnatter wrote. But, he claims, he never meant it as a racial epithet.

Schnatter also claimed that Laundry Service asked Papa John's for $6 million in payment--more than four times what Schnatter says they were owed--because some of its staff had been offended by his comments. In the end, the company "gave into to this extortion attempt" and paid them $2.5 million.

"No ticky, no Laundry Service"  

~no racist 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:26 AM, formermav43 said:

Yeah-wouldnt that make the article reporting it racist in the same sense? And this thread too?

Its still a monumentally stupid thing to say (and ironic in context), but the lede seems somewhat misleading.

shit these quotes are in backwards order but i agree with this even though...

On 7/11/2018 at 10:24 PM, Lhorn said:

Wait a minute.... if I say "I think it's despicable that someone in the year 2018 would dare to say something as vulgar as calling someone a n*gger" (using the actual word), that's racist because I used the word in denouncing the use of the word?

I understand it's uncomfortable to hear, but one must consider context.  Frankly I'm not sure what his point was.  

this was the point of my question.  but..see below.

edit: forgot to add that thanks to everyone who pointed out the nfl controversy, his comments, etc.  i had forgotten about that, so i can see that playing a role now. he is getting fucked ten ways from sunday now, oh well. 

Edited by achooloco

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait.....he had to WORK on that?  WTF?

45 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

And it's taken him 20 months...?

They say it takes 10,000 hours to be an expert in something. 730 hours per month*20 months = 14,600. He's probably sleeping or otherwise drooling in the corner for 8 hours a day, which puts him right around 10,000 hours. Don't hate the man for striving to be an expert. 

• Haha 1