Books That are Better as AudioBooks

Viper

What are some books you listened to as an audio book that you liked better than reading it yourself?

I liked the new Thrawn book last year. The guy did a good job on all the voices and they included Star Wars sound effects. I'm looking forward to the sequel later this month. I wonder how LotR would be. I imagine the songs would sound much better than when I tried to sing it in my head.

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

the Dark Tower (series) was really great as an audio book.  I think the last one was done by a different reader, though. 

Same guy did Talisman and Dark House and i am sure a lot of other King books

The first guy did a great job (I think he did the first 5 books), the second guy sucked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Barry Bostwick does a masterful job bringing Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas to life. By far Tom Robbins' best. A self-centered stockbroker gets desperate and horny. She runs into a most unusual character. About 18 hours of humor, folklore and history.

FWIW, local libraries can get most audio books for you for a pittance to listen to. Mine charges 50 cents or so.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

• 1 month later...