Baltimore Recs In/Near Camden Yards

Ghost of LL

I'm heading up this weekend for the Rangers series, because I'm fascinated with bad baseball.  Anybody have any recommendations in/near the stadium area for food and drinks?  I'm staying just a few blocks away and won't have a car, so walking distance is preferable.

Also--what should I do Saturday?  I was thinking of heading out to Fort McHenry.  Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm heading up this weekend for the Rangers series, because I'm fascinated with bad baseball.  Anybody have any recommendations in/near the stadium area for food and drinks?  I'm staying just a few blocks away and won't have a car, so walking distance is preferable.

Also--what should I do Saturday?  I was thinking of heading out to Fort McHenry.  Any other suggestions?

I'd get some Lake Trout in the Eastern at JJ's

cg6lrjks6xatmvutry5p

Edited by SimonBolivar

Little Italy is just a walk around the other side of the Harbor. We tried La Tavola and Sabatinos.  Both were good.

Ate at the Phillips Seafood on Pratt expecting great crab cakes.  Was very disappointed with the quality/ quantity of food for the price.  The same cost at a papasitos or Landrys would have yielded a far more satisfying meal.

Highly recommend the Ft McHenry trip if you like history at all.

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, TornACL said:

This is true. Lots around there.

Fells Point is great. Kislings Tavern for the best crab dip, Max's Taphouse for a hundred beers on tap, Sagamore Pendry Hotel if you're feeling like fancy cocktails, Pitango Cafe for a nice harbor view coffee in the morning. 

17 hours ago, slorch said:

Little Italy is just a walk around the other side of the Harbor. We tried La Tavola and Sabatinos.  Both were good.

Ate at the Phillips Seafood on Pratt expecting great crab cakes.  Was very disappointed with the quality/ quantity of food for the price.  The same cost at a papasitos or Landrys would have yielded a far more satisfying meal.

Highly recommend the Ft McHenry trip if you like history at all.

Phillips is shit. For a crab cake, look no further than Faidleys at Lexington market. Dad grew up as an assistant fish monger there. 

Phillips is shit. For a crab cake, look no further than Faidleys at Lexington market. Dad grew up as an assistant fish monger there. 

Very true on Phillips and I know the extended family from the Eastern Shore. Back in the day it was good but no longer.

I am actually back home visiting family right now.

as mycox mentioned, we went last year for the Astros-Orioles series and had a blast, it was hot and humid but I didnt think it was miserable like it can be in Texas. i had an  absolute blast. my wife and i stayed in an AirBnb In Fell Point and was pretty close to a lot of places. As mentioned,  Pickles Pub is a must, it will be crowded, likely, but will be a lot of fun. the O's fan were pretty cool last year to us and bought us pickle shots and all sorts of drinks. I wouldnt eat there as it's too crowded but if you need a snack or something, there's vendors outside camden who sell hot dogs, sausages, etc. helps if you're drunk. 

we stayed away from the harbor for the most part in terms of restaurants/bars, a lot of big chain type of places - Hooters, steak houses, etc. i will say i went to some Irish/Gaelic bar for a couple of drinks and sat on the outdoor patio overlooking the harbor and was nice.  the harbor itself is great and would recommend visiting the aquarium there if you have some time. we spent a few hours there  and enjoyed the AC. As far as specific places in Fell Point, we had great mussel's at Bertha's.  Also ate at Thames oyster house.  The crab cakes there were awesome, wife did some oyster shooters but I avoided.  Lobster roll was great. Other bars we went to were Greene Turtle, Horse You Came in On, Max's Taphouse and a few others i can't remember.  

Man I wish I had seen this earlier.  Lived in Baltimore for a months in the Harbor East area across from the Roy’s Hawaiian place.  Worked at the Irish Pub in Fell’s Point called Slainte.  Had a great time.  My late recs would’ve been Charleston there close by for a fine dining place. Bertha’s for mussels etc.  LP Steamers for the crab house experience.  It’s in a different neighborhood but has that local vibe.  For breakfast Blue Moon Cafe.  Hope you had fun. 

Thanks for all the suggestions.  We hit up Pickles Pub before the game Saturday night and had a really good time.  Went around Fell's Point and stopped in at Max's, as was suggested, and it was really good.

Sunday, we made it over to the Thames Street Oyster House, which was top notch and highly recommended.

Inside the ballpark, Pizza John's has a pretty legit slice.  And the hot dog vendors in the stands are actually pretty good--they dress the dog there for you with actual condiments from a squeeze bottle, rather than just handing you tiny packets.

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, elfenix said:

marked for astros - Os this year

My son and I went in 2019.  That was the 23-2 game when Yordan went yard 3 times and Showrea hit the longest HR ever in Camden Yards.

edited.  Food recs were the same as earlier post.  Did la Tivola and Sabatinos on 2 different trips.  Enjoyed both times.

Edited by slorch