How do I get rid of my neighbor?

On 7/26/2018 at 3:08 PM, irishtexan said:

He's got cameras in the windows recording everything that happens outside so there's not really a way to fuck with his house. Also, if he were inside during one of his meth binges and he sees someone fucking with his house, he'd probably shoot them.

Hoodies and spray paint th windows at night. 

Or, hats, sunglasses, gloves, and FBI wind breakers. Then every time he is incarcerated change one of his exterior light bulbs and let the video freak him out. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Orange^White said:

HIPAA applies to anyone that has access to personally identifiable health information. The protection is on the person whose health is being disclosed, not the person that has access to it.

HIPAA only applies to covered entities and certain associates.  Law enforcement is not a covered entity. I had to look into this a few years ago when I got a pharmacy’s old 800-number efax. I reported every medical fax I received to HHS as a HIPAA violation. HHS would always send me a letter thanking me for the report and letting me know that the offender had been punished with remedial training. 

Edited by Apep

Well, sorry to disappoint y'all, but it looks like Chad is being forced to sell his house. He's been in jail for a few weeks on a theft charge, and judge ordered him into a halfway house, told him he can only go back to his house between 10am and 6pm to clean it up and get it sale-ready, and he's got to wear ankle bracelet to keep him from boozing. All it took was twenty neighbors writing letters to the judge to demonstrate what a piece of crap this dude is. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't think we're anywhere near the end of this.

Exactly. Now that you know his time is limited and that he's on a short leash, you have the tactical advantage. 

Time to up the ante. Every time he fixes something, fuck up something else. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Well, sorry to disappoint y'all, but it looks like Chad is being forced to sell his house. He's been in jail for a few weeks on a theft charge, and judge ordered him into a halfway house, told him he can only go back to his house between 10am and 6pm to clean it up and get it sale-ready, and he's got to wear ankle bracelet to keep him from boozing. All it took was twenty neighbors writing letters to the judge to demonstrate what a piece of crap this dude is. 

Well, good deal.  I actually think the judges order might be a tad unconstitutional.  Let's all hope Chad doesn't figure that out.

There’s no way the judge is forcing him to sell the house. Dude may have offered to sell it, but I doubt he actually does it. And the court won’t force him. How is that even possible? What if there’s no buyer? What if the price isn’t acceptable? The city can sue him. The city can fine him. They can pressure him into deciding sell. Logic doesn’t work with crazy though. They can’t force him to sell. I call BS.

As for Wells Fargo, there’s a 99.9% chance this loan has already been sold into a securitized loan pool. Wells is the loan servicer, not the lender. That being said, their loan servicing contract no doubt requires that they take steps to protect the pool’s collateral. If they are notified of what’s happening, they will act. Of course, their options are somewhat limited too. They will start with a sternly worded letter, which will do nothing. They can ratchet up some pressure too though. If I were a neighbor, I’d be getting them involved ASAP. 

OP should be banging the phones to find out who to talk to at Wells re loan servicing issues. Have a PDF letter ready to email to anyone at Wells you can get on the phone. Start the letter with, “I’m writing to inform you about a homeowner who is in the process of destroying the value of a home that secures a loan serviced by Wells Fargo....” Include all the bad shit he’s done to house.  Include lots of pictures. Leave out all the facts about him acting crazy, being arrested, etc. That’s not relevant. Stick to the facts about the house. Add a paragraph about how other neighbors property values are being lowered due to this eyesore. Include a slightly veiled reference to possible liability (to the loan pool; and the neighbor’s) on Wells Fargo’s part if they do not act to protect the value of this asset, and nearby assets. Don’t think the first person you talk to is going to fix this. Keep escalating it. 

Second Level Shit: Find out how much he owes on he house. How much did he put down? If this thing drags out, offer to buy the loan. Get a dozen or so neighbors to chip in on the purchase. I promise Wells will be happy to sell the loan out of the pool, very likely at a discount to the outstanding balance. Read the loan file. Find out this dude’s net worth. Does he really have money? Or is he judgement proof? If you own the loan, you can put the screws to this guy yourselves more aggressively than Wells may choose.

Don’t  expect the City or Wells to take care of this guy on their own. 

Bernard

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, tokamak said:

Not the spectacular finale that surly was looking for, but that's great news for you and your neighbors

Fuck a bunch of good news. Where's the fun in that?? 'Splosions! We need 'splosions! I can't believe ol' Chad is just going to walk away from his dream job. He'll end up penniless, on the mean streets of Austin... prolly kill Kaizer. Fuck.

Edited by El Diablo

16 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I took it to mean that circumstances are forcing him to sell, not the judge.

Sure. Maybe Chad calmly, rationally and logically assessed the current situation, plus likely future events/circumstances and reached the conclusion that the best thing to do is sell his house. Maybe now he’ll focus all his free time and financial resources on tastefully repairing his home to showing-ready condition. Maybe he’ll hire a qualified real estate broker to find a buyer willing to pay market price and the sale will close smooth as silk. Then maybe Chad will disappear into thin air. 

Or maybe there’s a bunch of clueless women in the neighborhood playing telephone and no one really know what the fuck is going on in Chad’s world. 

Bernard

• Like 1

Agreed with everyone that says the judge can't force him to sell the house. In conversations with some neighbors in the know, Chad told the judge he wants to sell his house and move. Chad agreed to find an apartment and Judge ordered him to only be at the house between 10am and 6pm to clean it up. He's got a little homeless buddy crashing at the house and that kid has painted over the graffiti on the garage, and a few of the other graffiti Chad painted on the house. It's slow-going getting the house ready. The neighbors may offer to pool money together and get it sand-blasted and painted so he can sell it. Apparently he didn't ruin the inside, according to a few of the people that have been in there. We found out he owes a little less than $270k on the house. Unfortunately I don't think he will get what he owes on the house with the condition that it's in. We'll see what happens. But he's not painting more shit on the house and screaming at his neighbors. So that's nice.

This whole thing hits close to home.  I too used to live in the once nice - now ghetto that is pretty much all of south Austin.  Glad I got the fuck out that area and moved to the burbs.  

I would've got all his shit on video/audio so I had loads of evidence for his harassment, and stayed on the phone with code compliance, about the shit spraypainted on his house, trash piles in the yard, etc.  Not sure what they would do but they write tickets for parked junk cars in the street and sheds being too close to a back fence so it would be worth a shot.

Edited by krevo

, and he's got to wear ankle bracelet to keep him from boozing.

Hes probably wearing it for some other reason because that wouldnt stop him from boozing.

CSB we had a similar neighbor in our hood. Put cross ties in his driveway so nobody would use it to turn around. Made new walkways internally by busting sheetrock, cooked a lot if meth. He finally started living in his driveway in a 26ish foot 5th wheel (I guess unlivable?).

A neighbor across the street told me one night at 2 or 3a, knock on the door and a methed out naked women asked him to help her get her daughter and pizza because he was upset about something.

Texas Rangers finally got him a few weeks later, and I'm guessing they dont come out for misdemeanor charges. Lot value where the house sits is $60,000, house was listed for $60,000 and nobody will buy it. Dozens have looked as well.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, krevo said:

This whole thing hits close to home.  I too used to live in the once nice - now ghetto that is pretty much all of south Austin.  Glad I got the fuck out that area and moved to the burbs.  

I would've got all his shit on video/audio so I had loads of evidence for his harassment, and stayed on the phone with code compliance, about the shit spraypainted on his house, trash piles in the yard, etc.  Not sure what they would do but they write tickets for parked junk cars in the street and sheds being too close to a back fence so it would be worth a shot.

still working on my first cup of coffee - South Austin, in your opinion, used to be nice, but has become a ghetto.

Are yellow doors with multiple horizontal windows on gray houses with new siding a crip thing or a blood thing

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

still working on my first cup of coffee - South Austin, in your opinion, used to be nice, but has become a ghetto.

Are yellow doors with multiple horizontal windows on gray houses with new siding a crip thing or a blood thing

Anyone can put lipstick on a pig and flip a home in South Austin.  There are a few areas with some nice neighborhoods, but they're surrounded by neighborhoods that are straight up ghetto as fuck.   I'm talking about south south Austin btw.  Not near-to-downtown south austin.

• 4 weeks later...