How do I get rid of my neighbor?

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

I gotcha covered

My experience is methamphetamine induced psychosis

Also if the bank's collateral (the house) is getting trashed the bank might like to know that

Nope. They won't give a fuck. Nothing in the note about spray-painting the garage door. 

30 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

He’s cratering the value though isn’t he?

I wouldn't think so, nothing shown can't be fixed by a simple coat of paint. I'm with Gil here, as long as financial duties are met, the bank wont do a thing. There are people out there who let their yards go and have awful paint colors on their homes (inside and out) are they cratering the value of their home too?

57 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

He’s cratering the value though isn’t he?

In CA, there's a term; "committing waste".  Let's assume it's a nice single family home, and somebody begins demolishing it, they may be committing waste, and the bank can file a lawsuit. 

Spray-painting the garage door?  That's a city code enforcement issue.  Not  a bank issue.

Nope. They won't give a fuck. Nothing in the note about spray-painting the garage door. 

I’d be interested to see what he’s doin to the inside of the house.

I walked by late last night after I got back from a rocking Jawbreaker show and he was literally running back and forth in his living room.

I wouldn't think so, nothing shown can't be fixed by a simple coat of paint. I'm with Gil here, as long as financial duties are met, the bank wont do a thing. There are people out there who let their yards go and have awful paint colors on their homes (inside and out) are they cratering the value of their home too?

Well he’s cratering the neighbors’ homes values. Maybe one of them is with WF.

Buy $10 of outdated technology from Craigslist or Salivation Army, take out the electronic doohickeys, and scatter the pieces around his yard periodically. Hopefully the idea of being electronically surveilled agitates him to the point that he pulls out his own teeth in a fit of paranoia and eventually dies from malnutrition or infection. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 2

Probably the best legitimate answer is to document the various disturbances and band together with the other neighbors that object, preferably including the next door neighbors, and sue the guy for nuisance.  http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/140987/texas-supreme-court-clarifies-private-nuisance-law

It seems doubtful that the guy would even hire a lawyer and respond, but if he did, that would soak up some of his free cash.

If he didn't answer, you could get a default judgment that included an injunction against doing certain of the more obnoxious things and have him arrested and hauled into court for every violation.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, Gil Bang said:

In CA, there's a term; "committing waste".  Let's assume it's a nice single family home, and somebody begins demolishing it, they may be committing waste, and the bank can file a lawsuit. 

Spray-painting the garage door?  That's a city code enforcement issue.  Not  a bank issue.

Don't ya think maybe, just possibly, there's a chance based on what you can see from the outside, that there is more going on there than just spray painting the garage? And that a lender might be concerned about their collateral? 

57 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Don't ya think maybe, just possibly, there's a chance based on what you can see from the outside, that there is more going on there than just spray painting the garage? And that a lender might be concerned about their collateral? 

Concerned?  Sure. 

They can't do shit about it though.   

Do you know anybody that ever remodeled their home?  Did they have a mortgage?  Did they tear out cabinets, walls, flooring, drywall, ceilings  etc?  Sure, they eventually replaced all the shit, but they did the demo before they put everything back. 

Do you think that their lender should have been able to foreclose?  

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Concerned?  Sure. 

They can't do shit about it though.   

Do you know anybody that ever remodeled their home?  Did they have a mortgage?  Did they tear out cabinets, walls, flooring, drywall, ceilings  etc?  Sure, they eventually replaced all the shit, but they did the demo before they put everything back. 

Do you think that their lender should have been able to foreclose?  

Every mortgage note in the country has what's called a Preservation and Maintenance clause.  It basically says "I promise to preserve and maintain this property," the purpose of which is to prevent the property value from falling to the point where the loan is upside down.

If you violate that clause, you are technically in default, and the lender can foreclose.

But as long as this guy keeps paying the note, the lender is not going to foreclose.

Call your city council person. Call the mayor. Call your state rep. Call your senator. Play up the public safety angle with all of them, and emphasize that it's only a matter of time before he kills someone. It will be bad for their re-election chances if they had been told about him when he hurts or kills someone, especially if he uses a gun.

Edited by stupidgringo

12 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Yeah too bad that neighborhood doesn’t have a HOA, they would have totally solved this little problem.

No shit. It took 3 years and a ton of legal bills to get a guy in our neighborhood to shut down his sober living house and he even had a convicted sex offender living there. 

Well, all I got is that living next to a methhead tends to resolve itself quickly.  I only had ~6 months of sleeping with a shotgun under the bed before he fucked up badly enough that cops could do something.  3 years and I would have bounced.

Call the cops with an anonymous tip that he has threatened to blow up a mall/store/school/etc and he has mentioned in the past that he knows how to make various types of bombs.  That should be enough for a no-knock warrant that could uncover some illegal activity or at least lead to some lulz.

That or the classic banana in the tail pipe.

Neighbors are setting up a meeting with Ann Kitchens (I know...). If she reiterates her plan of "there's nothing I can do" I'm going to go to the media with the pitch being "there's an unstable, dangerous man spray painting his house with alt-right racist insanity, threatening his neighbors and city council/police say there's nothing they can do to protect the children in the neighborhood.

He added some new shit to his house:

5e60811c7853dc595069ac4ec1ba1fbd.jpg.max800.jpg

He spray painted "Fuck Austin Police" and "Fuck the Illuminati" on his driveway.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Neighbors are setting up a meeting with Ann Kitchens (I know...). If she reiterates her plan of "there's nothing I can do" I'm going to go to the media with the pitch being "there's an unstable, dangerous man spray painting his house with alt-right racist insanity, threatening his neighbors and city council/police say there's nothing they can do to protect the children in the neighborhood.

He added some new shit to his house:

5e60811c7853dc595069ac4ec1ba1fbd.jpg.max800.jpg

He spray painted "Fuck Austin Police" and "Fuck the Illuminati" on his driveway.

This guy fucks

corpses. 

• Like 3

Could this part fall under the disorderly conduct section of the penal code?

42.01 Disorderly Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;