Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

The national media is clearing the runway for war. All the other candidates are helping clear the runway by prefacing their anti-war statements with, "First of all, this Iranian general no one knew about until 10 minutes ago is History's Greatest Monster..." 

Pelosi is out there saying, "OK, we can go to war, but you have to ask for our permission first! Which we will give you immediately."

Biden will not stand against this war. He will be pushed into it.
Pete will rush headlong into it to bolster his macho cred.
Warren is basically a non-entity on foreign policy.

Sanders is your candidate if you hate war.

• Like 3

The establishment plan to attack Sanders will be to go after his strength - his supporters. Much like Clinton did to Trump supporters by calling them deplorables, the Establishment believe victory lies in Panera Bread voters. They cater to the already well off, as the foundation beneath their feet crumbles. Sanders aims to build from the bottom up - to reach the disaffected. 

That Sanders’s path to the nomination relies on activating the disaffected is old news by now. Yet how exactly his campaign plans to make that a reality has been closely guarded. Interviews with dozens of senior campaign officials, volunteers, and Sanders allies reveal a well-resourced and complex organizing apparatus that has been five years in the making, the most ambitious effort yet to link face-to-face movement-style organizing with technology not available to previous campaigns. If Sanders does manage to pull off a victory, it will be thanks to the faith he invested in his volunteer supporters to do more than any campaign has asked before — and his organizing operation will get, and deserve, much of the credit.

The emphasis on organizing, and the financial dedication to it, hasn’t gone unnoticed by the rest of the campaign. The organizing team takes up a sprawling amount of space in the Washington, D.C., headquarters, a result of the national, distributed strategy requiring, paradoxically, more national staff to coordinate the operation. Volunteers are meant to supplement paid organizers in order to scale the possibilities exponentially, not replace a traditional field program. Indeed, the campaign, unlike in 2016, is not lightly staffed. More than 800 people are in its employ, with more than 250 in Iowa, roughly 140 in New Hampshire, and 54 field staff in California.

. . . “What we need to communicate is that this, this year, for two days — your primary and the general — it’s worth it to believe. Just suspend your disbelief for two days out of the year, that’s all I’m asking,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Sanders picked up on her theme. “Alexandria a few minutes ago made the point, and I want to make it again,” he said. “There are a whole lot of folks out there who have given up. You know them. Some of you are in this room — given up on the political process, my vote doesn’t mean anything, politics is bullshit. Why do I wanna vote?”

He said that when they leave and tell friends they went to a Bernie Sanders rally, they should be ready for them to wonder why they bothered. “Why’d you waste your time getting involved in that stuff? You explain to them you’re sick and tired. Tell them to stop complaining and get involved in the political process.”

If they do, he said, they can win. “The truth is we can win this election if we have the largest voter turnout in the history of this country,” he said. “We are strong in Iowa, we are strong in New Hampshire, we can win here in Nevada, I believe we’re going to win in California, do very well in South Carolina. We can win this Democratic nomination, but we can’t do it without increased involvement in the political process.”

Increasing the size of the electorate, said Sanders, is everything. “On caucus night, turn on the TV early, and if the moderator tells you there’s a large voter turn out, we win. If they tell you there’s a low voter turnout, we lose. It’s really as simple as that.”

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/03/bernie-sanders-democratic-party-2020-presidential-election/

Good read.

Edited by washparkhorn

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Not a subscriber so I can't see it. But that's Jennifer Rubin isn't it?

Yep, she's an evil human being and it's fucking insane how everyone forgot about 2016. She's going to write so many "Why I'm voting for Trump/Gary Johnson" if he gets the nominee.

4 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Yep, she's an evil human being and it's fucking insane how everyone forgot about 2016. She's going to write so many "Why I'm voting for Trump/Gary Johnson" if he gets the nominee.

And conservadems here will say, "Well, sigh, this is what the Bernie bros have done. They ruined it again! We had a chance to capture the center and beat Donald, but their purity tests drove away gettable voters like Jennifer Rubin, Ben Shapiro, and Mussolini's Granddaughter."

• Like 1

Can’t let this one go unnoticed either. The Dream Defenders were established after the murder of Trayvon Martin. These mostly black and brown  young activists have also decided to back Bernie. That’s young people at the front lines of both climate change and criminal justice reform endorsing Bernie in the last few days. These young zealots have the audacity to fight for a safer and greener planet. This is obviously a generational fight as much as anything. Wake the fuck up old people.

https://www.dreamdefendersfight.org/for-bernie

The mainstream media is afraid of this. That’s why they’ve attempted to paint Bernie as some fringe candidate and his support base as comprised of only “white Bernie bros” and erase the millions of Black, brown and immigrant youth and women at the helm of his campaign.

• Like 2

After putting in another 2 hours phone banking today, I got a message on the volunteer Slack.

I have put in enough hours to get access to the secret list of Bernie non-believers that loyalists have put into the Bern app.

Our job in this black ops cell this week is to call Pete voters and give them misleading information about caucusing dates/locations in Iowa.

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I love how much he hates people who deserve nothing but hatred.

Honestly I think he could open up a bit more about himself because he really tries to never talk about his private life, but I get it he's so hyper-focused on things that matter that it isn't worth trying to appear more human to people that really aren't the ones he's trying to reach.

Brilliant idea for how the mainstream press can escalate their hostility against Bernard.

"I am sick and tired of the *booooop*"

"To finally defeat the *booooop* we are going to mobilize a national movement of millions."

"It's not going to be easy. We all need to unite together to stand up against the *booooop*"

*panel of 6 different Hillary '16 staffers look at the camera with shocked faces*

13 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I think I’m becoming a Bernie Bro, bros

Quick, go outside and see if you can find a woman or minority giving an opinion. If you immediately start shouting at them to shut up and/or harassing them, then welcome to the club buddy. Your flannel shirt and neck beard are in the mail. 

• Like 2