Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

well, well, check out this load of BS.  Is this lady a prominent Bernie staffer ?  Because she's sure in an anti-apologetic mode and looks terrible trying to put one over on us.

She sounds like a Bernie staffer.   She’s going hard in the paint on dodging Katy’s question about the article.  

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Huh, sure was alot of whining on the HCWNBP thread.

That was the equivalent of aggy setting up a BlowU will never be Cotton Bowl champions thread on Shaggy after the 2013 bowl game. People would react negatively to that too. Not liking aggy isn't an endorsement for Oklahoma.

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

If there's one thing that everyone on this board can agree on, it's fuck Hillary Clinton.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, Calihorn said:

I never thought I would get to the point I'm kind of thankful she lost, but here we are.

No fucking way. 

8 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You think we actually liked Hillary? lol bless your heart 

Remember:

Voted for Hillary = HILLARY LOVER

Voted for Trump = don’t like the guy, never did, had to do it though Bc Hillary 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie is one of the most-watched shows on Rogan's YouTube channel. 10M views.

This clip of him saying he's going to vote for Bernie is already over 200k

I have a lot of mixed feelings on Rogan, but it's hard to not like him this campaign cycle given who he's had on (and supposedly damn near every presidential candidate wanted to get on his show). This legit could swing tens of thousands of votes.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

A real palette cleanser after all these female endorsements. All these lady endorsements.

Finally, a real BRO

36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie is one of the most-watched shows on Rogan's YouTube channel. 10M views.

This clip of him saying he's going to vote for Bernie is already over 200k

He was a moon landing truther.   He’s good friends with Alex Jones, and still likes him and thinks he just needed somebody around him to say “Alex, you’re going to far.”   

41 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Has Needra denounced Hillary's decisive rhetoric today?

Neera finally blocked me on Twitter for referencing her pushing Faiz Shakir when he asked Hillary about her support for the Iraq war as well as her busting a union last year.

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I don't politically align with many of his positions. But the man is real and consistent.  Which puts him a far stretch from most in today's politics. 

Well you’re in luck. Detractors have stated nothing will get passed anyway. Which isn’t a bad thing if you don’t like his policy but can respect the man. 

• Like 1

Momentum is building. Americans are not stupid - regardless of how they are treated by establishment characters getting fat off politics. Some live in suspended reality - no doubt - but that is more a function of "garbage in/garbage out" news silos and poor journalism. Americans want a better life in the future and will pull together to achieve that aspiration. We are seeing the turning. It is slow at first and then it picks up momentum.

Politicians of the past would be wise to let the turning happen. They will be revered for their contributions but now is not the time to interfere or put a thumb on the scale. History will not treat those former politicians kindly - and neither will the American people. 

Nobodies for Bernie 2020.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

If he wants to gain any respect back that he lost after apologizing and letting Joe attack him in an ad, he'll run this shit in Iowa starting today until February 3rd.

I'm not a 3D chess guy, but the corruption/apology thing goaded Joe into an actual open attack ad about the very issue Sanders wants.

You love to see it, folks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not a 3D chess guy, but the corruption/apology thing goaded Joe into an actual open attack ad about the very issue Sanders wants.

You love to see it, folks

Do you know if that ad is going to run on TV/radio in the early states? It's too good to just be on Twitter.

Adventures in democracy...

Hostile night tonight in Iowa. More hangups than usual and some outright hostility from MAGA people. Even got called "faggot" twice (despite my radio-ready bass, thank you very much).

I think impeachment is heating them up.

Talked with a Yang Ganger who tried to sell me on UBI. I 100% respected his game and told him he should phonebank for Yang and he seemed really excited. I don't know if I'm supposed to do that, but whatever. I hope he does it.

Got another guy who didn't even know Bernie was running and was convinced that Hillary was running. He laughed when I said she wasn't running and said there was no way she would lose this time. Strange conversation.

Mostly just hangups and non-answers.

Democracy!!

Texting folks say they get a lot of the n-word. I rarely get stuff like that on the phone and almost never in person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Adventures in democracy...

Hostile night tonight in Iowa. More hangups than usual and some outright hostility from MAGA people. Even got called "faggot" twice (despite my radio-ready bass, thank you very much).

I think impeachment is heating them up.

Talked with a Yang Ganger who tried to sell me on UBI. I 100% respected his game and told him he should phonebank for Yang and he seemed really excited. I don't know if I'm supposed to do that, but whatever. I hope he does it.

Got another guy who didn't even know Bernie was running and was convinced that Hillary was running. He laughed when I said she wasn't running and said there was no way she would lose this time. Strange conversation.

Mostly just hangups and non-answers.

Democracy!!

Texting folks say they get a lot of the n-word. I rarely get stuff like that on the phone and almost never in person.

Good job with the Yang-Gangers. UBI is about as progressive a policy as there is and there is economic sense behind it (think trickle up rather than trickledown). If Bernie gets rolling, the Yang Gang may flow to Bernie if Yang suspends his campaign. One thing I learned in this cycle is that unions are generally not enthused about UBI. In stronger union states, UBI is a no go. Modern unions in non-traditional union sectors are less opposed. 

Yes - Trump voters are very upset about impeachment. It is firing up the base on a scale not seen since 2016. I guess Nancy knew the risk and forged ahead. Trump will have enthusiastic supporters in November. We need a massive turnout and a candidate people can rally behind.

Thanks for phone banking for Sanders. Person to person does seem to work well. But phone banking and explaining how the caucus will work is so important. If you can get to policy issues (healthcare, the economy, jobs, reform, climate . . .) and listen to them, there is a lot of fertile ground there. Some people just need to talk through it. There is a massive amount of disinformation out there about Sanders - thanks to news silos. For older voters, some are so disconnected from the modern world. Keeping it simple helps immensely. There are so many people in bubbles that you may be the first person who has ever had a heart to heart conversation with them about how politics have changed so drastically in their lifetimes. Many have no idea how well Sanders is doing. Again - the news silos keep them in the dark. It is sad in a way. As they get older - they become more isolated every day, and their outdated news makes them even more isolated. I speak to quite a few older Americans about FDR, JFK and LBJ - and their programs. It makes the issues more relatable but they may just enjoy the company. 

The soft-trumpers are reachable, but not right now. The impeachment makes them fiercely defensive and protective of their votes and fellow trump voters. In the fall when the dust settles and it is decision time, they may be open to a discussion.

Keep up the good fight. 

• Like 2

I like UBI but it seems like Yang wants that at the expense of welfare programs which is completely regressive to me. You need to add that on top of having strong safety nets in this country.

I think it's always good if you don't immediately get hung up on, if they listen to your message for even a second and have them consider it it's a win.

Edited by GSU&UT

Bernie’s path to victory is clearer than ever. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/23/21054937/bernie-sanders-path-2020-democratic-nomination-explained

“If we win Iowa and New Hampshire, I think we stand a great chance to win Nevada, I think we’re strong there,” Sanders told a crowd of supporters this weekend. “I think we’re going to do very well in South Carolina, I think we’re going to win California and many other states on Super Tuesday. And if we do all that, we will have accomplished something never done in the modern history of America, and that is put together an unprecedented political revolution.”