Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

If you can't tell that I wasn't saying Bernie Bad, Trump Good...or the opposite, then I can't help you.

You clearing didn't read anything but my first sentence.  But I should know better than to get any kind of true dialogue on the Politics board. You're all so pig headed and full of yourself that you won't, or can't, acknowledge any issues within your own party.  

The Republicans have the same issue, probably even worse BTW...but go on telling me how stupid I am for not being a Democrat lemming.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

If you can't tell that I wasn't saying Bernie Bad, Trump Good...or the opposite, then I can't help you.

You clearing didn't read anything but my first sentence.  But I should know better than to get any kind of true dialogue on the Politics board. You're all so pig headed and full of yourself that you won't, or can't, acknowledge any issues within your own party.  

The Republicans have the same issue, probably even worse BTW...but go on telling me how stupid I am for not being a Democrat lemming.

Yes yes, continue to be a self-righteous prick about how enlightened and non-partisan you are. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, washparkhorn said:

The establishment plan to attack Sanders will be to go after his strength - his supporters. Much like Clinton did to Trump supporters by calling them deplorables, the Establishment believe victory lies in Panera Bread voters. They cater to the already well off, as the foundation beneath their feet crumbles. Sanders aims to build from the bottom up - to reach the disaffected. 

Receipts.

Kshama Sawant said while opening that we need to bring 1M to the convention in Milwaukee.

If Bernie has a plurality but not majority, I'll be there.

I won't be bringing any of my many guns, though. I mean, I could arm myself and 10 others with ARs and/or shotguns.

If I were to want to. Which I don't.

Of course.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsZZgO4P5zBFB4c/giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

So if Bernie wins the nomination, who does he pick as VP/running mate?  I'm sure it's been discussed previously but it appears more likely and the field has narrowed.

I really have no idea, but I read someone suggest the Mayor of Puerto Rico, Carmen Yulin Cruz. She'd tick a few boxes, demographically, and would be an unorthodox and interesting choice, however unlikely.

Nina Turner has to be Chief of Staff, I would think. Barbara Lee? 

@Js1 put together a good list of no-go's from Congress, due to their replacement having to face either a special election in a purple/red state or appointment by a R governor. That rules out my preferred pick of Tammy Baldwin. Andrew Gillum?

32 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

So if Bernie wins the nomination, who does he pick as VP/running mate?  I'm sure it's been discussed previously but it appears more likely and the field has narrowed.

The first answer media pundits give is Stacey Abrams. I love her, but I have doubts as to how much she'd carry on an unabashed DSA style agenda. Tammy Baldwin has been suggested as she has been very publicly in support of M4A and would hopefully push just as hard but hasn't come out in support of a GND yet I think. My idea pick would be one of the progressive House members that are eligible like Ro Khanna although he isn't super charismatic.

I don't want a John Tyler situation where Bernie is suddenly sidelined or can't run for a second term and you wind up blunting a lot of this huge leftist energy we're seeing from all kinds of working people.

Nina Turner actually would be the best because she's clearly #2 in terms of the energy she brings to his rallies (and yes that is her job) but she would drop dead before she gave up the fight for progressive legislation, however I think her lack of experience may keep that from happening (although Stacey doesn't have much more).

Edited by GSU&UT

I could see Baldwin as VP.  Abrams is garbage and will never get a look for anything in his administration.  Warren could have been his VP but, true to her spectacularly abysmal political instincts, she has decided to self-immolate instead.  

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I could see Baldwin as VP.  Abrams is garbage and will never get a look for anything in his administration.  Warren could have been his VP but, true to her spectacularly abysmal political instincts, she has decided to self-immolate instead.  

At this point, the only reason he'd pick Warren is just so that the world can watch her emasculate Pence at the VP debate. That would be brutal.

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Nina would be good and Bernie owes her, too.  

I would like for Nina to become head of the DNC and just go in like Christ cleansing the temple.

"HELLO SOMEBODY!" every time a shitlib gets a whip slash across the head.

True Dream VP is Killer Mike

giphy.gif

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If it's a brokered convention, I could see Klob. 

If it's not a brokered convention, who the fuck knows.