Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

So on what moral or values basis "should" I get the money I get for doing a job that someone could very easily argue is a net negative for humanity?

I wouldn’t go that far. All the countries we feed don’t get that food without oil shipping it there.  There are counties that would cease to exist if they didn’t have so much of it. A large section of America’s middle class disappears completely without it. 

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

To the extent that what I believe and what I do contradict, I am happy to own the contradiction. In my mind, it is better to do that than to do what most others do and lie to myself and others in an attempt to pretend that my life and existence are actually victimless. I'll go ahead and look at and acknowledge the uncomfortable reality and not retreat back into the cave.

That’s a lot of words to say O&G pays better than most everything else.  It’s a cool industry, but we are all here for the same reason.  

24 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wouldn’t go that far. All the countries we feed don’t get that food without oil shipping it there.  There are counties that would cease to exist if they didn’t have so much of it. A large section of America’s middle class disappears completely without it. 

And our entire planet becomes uninhabitable because of it, which kind of outweighs everything else.

24 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s a lot of words to say O&G pays better than most everything else.  It’s a cool industry, but we are all here for the same reason.  

Yes. The individual is not responsible for the system he is in, because the individual is powerless to change that system alone. The only way to change a system (for instance, O&G-dominated capitalism) is with a mass movement of millions of people.

Lmao at the discovery that b_t is in O&G. Of course he is.

Imagine thinking yourself the pinnacle of human enlightenment while profiting off of raping the earth so you can live behind walls and gates to avoid poor people. What a complete piece of shit of a person.

(I have you on ignore b_t, so no need to respond. Just saw you in a reply).

Bernie's plan for tackling election funding, predictably, is very good.

In addition to ending corporate contributions to the Democratic Party Convention, Sanders is also calling for the end of corporate donations to the Democratic National Committee, and inaugural events and capping all individual donations to inaugurations to $500.

Sanders also wants to make federal elections publicly funded, abolish the Federal Election Commission and replace it with a Federal Election Administration with its own governing body. He also is calling for a Constitutional amendment designed to overturn Supreme Court cases like the Citizens United decision, and pass legislation to end super PACs. Sanders would also install a Universal Small Dollar Voucher system which would "give any voting-age American the ability to "donate" to federal candidates."

Finally, the plan calls for a ban on advertising during presidential primary debates, and institute a lifelong lobbying ban for former members of Congress.
Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, Bernie needs to press Warren and not all the other fuck sticks. Jfc

If your only stated goal for Bernie is to help Warren then he should do so in what he's done for almost all of his life, fight for true progressive values. Otherwise fuck off, you should be beating your stupid LSU antagonistic meat that he may be winding his campaign back.

Bernie isn't going to stop fighting for what he believes in and only death will stop him, so there's no point getting angry with the shitlibs rubbing their hands together at his mortality.

I'd be interested in hearing a full articulation of what "too old" actually means in the context of being the US president, but I don't think that's in the offing.

Bernie - 78
Joe - 76
Trump - 73
Liz - 70

It's an old field. Old as hell.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whatever, you’re presuming Warren isn’t fighting for progressive values when she clearly is.  The Bernie people will never take yes for an answer from Warren. 

I'll take a yes, but please keep speaking for me. I'm just frustrated that she's intentionally positioning herself as vague as possible on her take for M4A because she's likely going to gauge what she should propose if she gets the nomination. That seems kind of chickenshit to me when she's come out with a lot of other plans. I'd rather her take a stance about this now than not, whatever that may be.

And motherfucker, I'm extra salty tonight, but I have donated to Warren and even went to a very early campaign stop when she came to the Atlanta suburbs. I love her,  but that doesn't mean I'm not going to push her to hold the most progressive stance on the issue I care most about.

Edited by GSU&UT

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I'll take a yes, but please keep speaking for me. I'm just frustrated that she's intentionally positioning herself as vague as possible on her take for M4A because she's likely going to gauge what she should propose if she gets the nomination. That seems kind of chickenshit to me when she's come out with a lot of other plans. I'd rather her take a stance about this now than not, whatever that may be.

She’s with Bernie on healthcare.  If Bernie has the best plan, why should she have her own?  Or is Bernie’s plan not a good enough plan?  

She’s planted her flag on universal healthcare more than any other candidate except for Bernie.  

It is arguably her most significant vulnerability.  It’s never enough for the Berners though.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She’s with Bernie on healthcare.  If Bernie has the best plan, why should she have her own?  Or is Bernie’s plan not a good enough plan?  

She’s planted her flag on universal healthcare more than any other candidate except for Bernie.  

It is arguably her most significant vulnerability.  It’s never enough for the Berners though.

I'll be more than happy to eat crow if she gets the nomination and she unequivocally says that she's going to push for the same plan he has proposed (and what she co-sponsored before).  I'll be more than happy to vote for her, and in fact she's obviously my second choice but you do you though because I'm not doing cartwheels in the street for her.

Harris co-sponsored the M4A bill and literally rolled out her own pile of shit because nothing matters. Warren has rolled out some great policy points, but she has obviously shown she isn't going to adopt every single one of Bernie's platforms (e.g. housing, prison voting rights, etc.)

Yes Hillary would be too old.

And it’s not ageist to acknowledge that after 65 a person’s mental and physical facilities decline.

It’s a fact.

If one of them wins the nomination, I’ll vote for them but I’ll still think they’re too old for the rigors of the job.

"rigors of the job"

So just vague horseshit then? Cool cool.

Warren or Sanders paralyzed in an iron lung tapping at a Speak'n'Spell with a pencil in their mouths would be more useful and powerful in enacting progressive change than the second best skateboarder, the grinning psychopath woodchuck, the cop, and whatever else might be thrown our way in this pack.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

And it’s not ageist to acknowledge that after 65 a person’s mental and physical facilities decline.

It’s a fact.

Also a fact that a person over 65 is closer to death.  Therefore perhaps we should elect the youngest person and not the person most experienced and prepared for the most difficult job in the world.   

Your take is ageist because it’s setting an arbitrary number to discriminate against candidates and not evaluating each on a case by case basis.  I know 80 year old women sharper and healthier than people I know in their 30s.  But that’s irrelevant in your opinion.

15 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

"rigors of the job"

So just vague horseshit then? Cool cool.

bad_teammate will not stand for vague horseshit!

15 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Warren or Sanders paralyzed in an iron lung tapping at a Speak'n'Spell with a pencil in their mouths would be more useful and powerful in enacting progressive change than the second best skateboarder, the grinning psychopath woodchuck, the cop, and whatever else might be thrown our way in this pack.

nevertheless...

The managers of the nation will rise up under Pete and march to make sure their workers are paid a living wage, given comprehensive health coverage, and that taxes are raised on the Top 10%. Starched collars will wilt under the intense sunlight as Farnsworth Merriweather and his squash partners stage a die-in to promote the Green New Deal.

is bernie too old to run for president?  i'm not sure.  is bernie too old to be president?  i think he is.  campaigning is grueling, but studies have shown the white house ages you at an alarming clip.  reagan really started to fall apart at the end of his second term, when he was 77.  bernie would be 79 for the election, and 83 at the end of his first term.

biden, trump, pelosi - they all slur and stumble through public speeches.  it's sad and hard to watch.  bernie does not do that, which is amazing.  but we're forecasting for the years 2021-2024.  the voters have a right to consider age without being ageist.  voters consider a lot of stuff that is way more irrelevant than age.

it's a fact that faculties decline.  it's my opinion that bernie is too old to be president.

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also a fact that a person over 65 is closer to death.  Therefore perhaps we should elect the youngest person and not the person most experienced and prepared for the most difficult job in the world.

see, hugo gets it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why yes, we should only elect people between the Constitutionally mandated 35 and 65.   You should not be inaugurated for your first term at older than 65 years and 1 day.  Great idea, Hugovitch! 

I, for one, am furious that this man did not livestream his heart surgery on Twitch. Unacceptable and potentially impeachable levels of obstruction.

"That's nonsense," he said. "I don't know what people think campaigns are, you know we're dealing with all kinds of doctors and we wanted to have a sense of what the hell was going on really."

He added, "So the first thing that we're trying to do is understand what's going on and not run to the New York Times and have to report every 15 minutes. You know, this is not a baseball game. So I think we acted absolutely appropriately."

17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the voters have a right to consider age without being ageist.

Using what criteria? Your only provided criteria (mental faculties as displayed through speech) is something Bernie passes just fine. Do you have anything else?

I think Bernie could be fully in the grips of Alzheimer's and still not be stupid enough to ask a striking worker ON CAMERA how much money they have left in their strike budget and how optimistic they are.

Look at this strikebuster-to-his-bones robot try to talk with the humans:

But he's young! So he could be in office for 8 years and STILL have decades to grift and give million-dollar speeches and travel the world with pedophile billionaires and cheerlead billionaire philanthropy do all the amazing things our former presidents do.

Inspirational.

Meanwhile, Bernie is just going to die soon after his term in office and then he can't pop the whip on Ellen on mah TeeVee years later. :(

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so then the voters don’t have the right to consider a candidate’s age?

Well, see, you only did it through the lens of mental faculties as displayed through speech.

I think the heart attack is a serious issue wrt age.  Clinton's pneumonia was used against her as too old, too frail and too unhealthy to assume the job if elected.  Bernie Sanders had a fucking heart attack and is 10 years older than Hillary would have been when sworn in. 

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so then the voters don’t have the right to consider a candidate’s age?

The first thing in my response to you is a question that you could've just answered instead of crying like some garbage alt.right comedian.

*says a stupid thing*
*gets laughed at*
"OH I GUESS FREE SPEECH IS DEAD NOW!! I GUESS THIS IS SOVIET NAZI GERMANYRUSSIA NOW!"

What are the criteria for determining whether or not a candidate is "too old"?

Seems like a fairly straightforward question to answer, right? Is there something triggering about that very simple question, snowflake?

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think the heart attack is a serious issue wrt age.  Clinton's pneumonia was used against her as too old, too frail and too unhealthy to assume the job if elected.  Bernie Sanders had a fucking heart attack and is 10 years older than Hillary would have been when sworn in. 

Can you articulate with words why it's a SERIOUS issue? I'm not saying it's not, I would just be interested to hear the underlying rationale. "But Hillary" is not really worth anything.

You require me to articulate to you why a 78 year old man, who had a heart attack just campaigning for the most stressful job in the world and would be 80 years and 4 months old when being sworn into his first term,  is a serious issue?

Image result for confused no gif

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Can you articulate with words why it's a SERIOUS issue? 

Image result for that's my opinion gif

• Like 2