Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

Just want to mention how in 2016 waiting for Warren’s endorsement that never came for Bernie was a bit of a let down. I will feel that times 100 if AOC doesn’t throw her entire weight behind Bernie here. She is key to an enormous amount of untapped voters. More than Warren would have been that’s for sure.

21 minutes ago, Dropout said:

What’s the news? I will listen and go down any rabbit hole you want.

Let’s just say there are a few little things Bernie could do that would go a long way.

First, he needs to publicly reject any social media assistance from foreign actors and specifically call out Russia.  I’d like to see every candidate do this but Bernie specifically.  There’s a lot of evidence his campaign was being amplified by the bots and trolls in 2016.  They’re still there too.

Second, he needs to release years of his full tax returns if he wants to be taken seriously, at least by me.  Trump’s concealment of his taxes in 2016 proves this issue should matter more than ever.

The fact that the Kremlin gives Bernie indirect support on social media, combined with his lack of transparency on his finances, combined with his soft on Russia record paints a bad picture to the creative mind. 

I’m not alleging a conspiracy but Bernie makes it very easy for others to.  The Russia situation is clearly not a priority for Bernie and that bothers me.  I know most people DGAF about Russia and that their prerogative but for me it matters. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, David Dennison said:

Release everything and it won't be a problem.

That's not how irrational accusations work. When an accusation or belief is not based on evidence (see: Hugo's meritless feelings about Bernie being a Russian spy or something) then no amount of evidence can impact that belief.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's not how irrational accusations work. When an accusation or belief is not based on evidence (see: Hugo's meritless feelings about Bernie being a Russian spy or something) then no amount of evidence can impact that belief.

Tad Devine - you looked into him?  

Pretty big coincidence the guy working with Manafort in Ukraine for Yanukovich just happened to be Bernie’s chief strategist in 2016. 

Nothing to see there though right?

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Release it all anyway. Transparency is a good thing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let’s just say there are a few little things Bernie could do that would go a long way.

First, he needs to publicly reject any social media assistance from foreign actors and specifically call out Russia.  I’d like to see every candidate do this but Bernie specifically.  There’s a lot of evidence his campaign was being amplified by the bots and trolls in 2016.  They’re still there too.

Second, he needs to release years of his full tax returns if he wants to be taken seriously, at least by me.  Trump’s concealment of his taxes in 2016 proves this issue should matter more than ever.

The fact that the Kremlin gives Bernie indirect support on social media, combined with his lack of transparency on his finances, combined with his soft on Russia record paints a bad picture to the creative mind. 

I’m not alleging a conspiracy but Bernie makes it very easy for others to.  The Russia situation is clearly not a priority for Bernie and that bothers me.  I know most people DGAF about Russia and that their prerogative but for me it matters

Agreed. He needs to cater to the insane Twitter conspiracy voters if he's going to have a chance. Has anyone asked him about his opinion on BOFA? Big mistake if he doesn't address that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

And John Podesta and Mark Penn also helped Yanukovich. Hillary's top dogs in 2008 and 2016 both.

Do you also feel that Hillary was/is compromised?

I am not alleging anything but you’re fooling yourself if you think Bernie is just going to waltz through the nomination process without intense scrutiny on this stuff.   

I want Bernie to do a better job of taking it head on.  

You think I’m against Bernie, I’m not.  He needs to clear some shit up or he’s going to get beaten by it. 

Your reflexive and dismissive responses towards me are telling though.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I am not alleging anything but you’re fooling yourself if you think Bernie is just going to waltz through the nomination process without intense scrutiny on this stuff.   

I think intense scrutiny is a great idea. Let's have it!

You think I’m against Bernie, I’m not.

Why lie like this? You clearly dislike him and this attempt to be clever about it falls hilariously flat.

Let's look at this sentence:
"Pretty big coincidence the guy working with Manafort in Ukraine for Yanukovich just happened to be Bernie’s chief strategist in 2016."

You are working very hard to make implications while avoiding actually saying anything outright. It's basically how FOXNews operates. No substance. No fire, just say, "Oh others are saying there's smoke".

So let's scrutinize! Bernie Sanders worked with Tad Devine, who worked with Yanukovich.

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN!?!?!

Well, we have no evidence that Sanders himself is connected to Yanukovich directly. We have no evidence that Sanders has done anything in his official capacity to help Yanukovich. We have no evidence of... anything. On the other hand, Tad Devine, was a chief strategist for Gore 2000 and Kerry 2004.

So which makes more sense:

Option 1 - Sanders worked with a longtime Democratic presidential operative because he was in a presidential campaign

Option 2 - Sanders worked with a longtime Democratic presidential operative because... uh... RUSSIA! (err, Ukraine... wait)

Come on, Hugo, make some arguments.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not alleging a conspiracy but Bernie makes it very easy for others to.  The Russia situation is clearly not a priority for Bernie and that bothers me.  I know most people DGAF about Russia and that their prerogative but for me it matters. 

Bernie has called out Russia and Putin on multiple occasions on a wide range of issues. Let’s also realize he may not have control of what Russian trolls or bots are doing. How can the man be blamed for this without direct evidence of his involvement?

Which leads to Mueller. I trust this man to do his job. If Bernie was involved with Russia on anything in 2016 it will come out. I don’t see how Bernie would escape that fine tooth comb.

I agree he should release any tax stuff. I don’t know that he’s fought this so it’s hard for me to hold that against him at this moment. I believe Bernie is on record calling out Trump on this issue so the hypocrisy of not releasing his own would be uncharacteristic.

Edited by Dropout

6 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Bernie has called out Russia and Putin on multiple occasions on a wide range of issues. Let’s also realize he may not have control of what Russian trolls or bots are doing. How can the man be blamed for this without direct evidence of his involvement?

Which leads to Mueller. I trust this man to do his job. If Bernie was involved with Russia on anything in 2016 it will come out. I don’t see how Bernie would escape that fine tooth comb.

I agree he should release any tax stuff. I don’t know that he’s fought this so it’s hard for me to hold that against him at this moment. I believe Bernie is on record calling out Trump on this issue so the hypocrisy of not releasing his own would be uncharacteristic.

Get this reasonable shit out of here. This thread is reserved for unhinged conspiracy theories that revolve around the TV show the Americans actually being true and Bernie being a secret Russian operative placed in America when he was a child to infiltrate the highest levels of government and, uh, make sure that everyone has healthcare. The plan is almost devious in its simplicity. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

I sincerely hope that the last two years have disillusioned people enough to see through political gamesmanship (both parties) and divisive nastiness (Trump) to at least apply a filter to understand the message and the person behind the message. Bernie was a far ahead leading candidate for me but voted for Hilary as a far behind second choice. He starts as a leading candidate for me but I am very open to be won over by Warren, Harris or any other candidate.

May the best message and the messenger prevail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AeroHorn said:

I sincerely hope that the last two years have disillusioned people enough to see through political gamesmanship (both parties) and divisive nastiness (Trump) to at least apply a filter to understand the message and the person behind the message. Bernie was a far ahead leading candidate for me but voted for Hilary as a far behind second choice. He starts as a leading candidate for me but I am very open to be won over by Warren, Harris or any other candidate.

May the best message and the messenger prevail.

For all the handwringing about Bernie's age, race, his supposed unpopularity with black people, this is my response to all that shit. This is a huge wide-open primary and I (perhaps optimistically) assume every major candidate will get a fair chance and the one with the best platform/message/optics will win the nomination.

8 hours ago, Continental Op said:

He has passed my stringent vetting process, which involves asking the question  "He's not Ted Cruz or Donald Trump, right?"  so I guess he has my vote if he wins the Democratic nomination.  

same.gif

FYI - Biden will be joining the race. And he will promise a woman as vp just the same. And he will keep Schultz out.

Never negotiate with terrorists.

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

In his Young Turks interview he said he wants a woman VP.

Sanders/Warren 2020 oh my god let's go

(dream: Sanders/Tlaib)

AIPAC would shit their pants if a Palestinian American were to become VPOTUS.  Imagine a Jew/Arab combo ticket, wow. 

Edited by NowThis