Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

If this title hits the YT algorithm right, this could be a huge video lol

I don't let YT keep my history and i wipe it and turn off every suggestion that I can in settings and I STILL constantly get anything with "Joe Rogan" in it. I don't watch any of it, I don't click on it, but he's everywhere.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If this title hits the YT algorithm right, this could be a huge video lol

I don't let YT keep my history and i wipe it and turn off every suggestion that I can in settings and I STILL constantly get anything with "Joe Rogan" in it. I don't watch any of it, I don't click on it, but he's everywhere.

I hate that I'm rooting for people to listen to Joe Rogan. This is the worst goddamned simulation.

• Like 1

This board is going to break if Bernie wins the nomination. Between Hugo, the centrist libs that act like he won't get a single thing done, the never-Trumpers who act like the country would overnight descend into chaos and goddammit you forced them to vote for Gary Johnson again, and the right wingers who would start to post that wouldn't have voted for any Democratic candidate but disingenuously claim they would.

• Like 1

Nah dude you just wait, because.... THE VETTING is coming

What's it going to be? No idea. But you better believe, Buster Brown, that some BIG SECRETS have been kept and any minute now someone is FINALLY going to blow the lid off of it.

Maybe it's financial corruption? Maybe he's a pedophile?

We don't know, but someone does, and now that he's shooting up the polls it's time for

THE VETTING

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

This board is going to break if Bernie wins the nomination. Between Hugo, the centrist libs that act like he won't get a single thing done, the never-Trumpers who act like the country would overnight descend into chaos and goddammit you forced them to vote for Gary Johnson again, and the right wingers who would start to post that wouldn't have voted for any Democratic candidate but disingenuously claim they would.

Or maybe you’re a political terrorist. Did you ever think of that!?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dropout said:

Or maybe you’re a political terrorist. Did you ever think of that!?

I'm 100% posting about gulags and Antifa Super Soldiers if we get some knuckle-dragging shitheads that normally avoid CR because it's no longer a right-wing echo chamber.

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Warrenites on Twitter are calling out Rogan as pRoBlEmAtIc. I'll be disappointed if Bernie takes this disengenuous shit seriously and backs off.

He backed off Cenk and got zero credit.

DO NOT APOLOGIZE BERNIE

Rogan sucks but has a huge audience that needs to be steered away from alt-right bullshit, so every minute that he spends promoting Bernie instead of more of Jordan Peterson is an unqualified great thing.

15 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I hate that I'm rooting for people to listen to Joe Rogan. This is the worst goddamned simulation.

I discovered Joe Rogan a few weeks ago when I watched an interview he had with Brian Cox. What's wrong with the people who listen to him?

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I discovered Joe Rogan a few weeks ago when I watched an interview he had with Brian Cox. What's wrong with the people who listen to him?

He’s more the problem than the people who listen to him. He platforms and promotes a lot of alt-right adjacent shitheads and a lot of his audience is politically disaffected (not unreasonably) and open to that shit.

Jocks vs nerds. Snobs vs slobs.
Joe is a stand-in for the jocks the woke scolds hated in high school. They spent their whole lives convincing themselves if their moral and intellectual superiority because the jock lifted weights and played sports. Now they're adults motivated by that same bitterness.
Fuck them. A mass movement is diverse. As long as you are on board for the fundamentals of guaranteed universal rights and health I don't care how woke you are.
Give me a bigoted plumber who wants single-payer and a federal jobs guarantee over a trans pride flag flying over the Raytheon logo.

52 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I generally agree with this sentiment. 

But Bernie supporters would full on attack any other candidate that got a Rogan endorsement with the same complaints. The earnestness regarding Rogan just doesn't ring true. 

Everything is so toxic and tribal in this primary, and it's made so much worse by how many factions there are. It was easier to handle when it was just Hillary vs. Bernie.  Now we have Bernie/Warren/Biden/Pete/Yang/Beto/Kamala/Klob/Tulsi supporters with their own agendas. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I generally agree with this sentiment. 

But Bernie supporters would full on attack any other candidate that got a Rogan endorsement with the same complaints. The earnestness regarding Rogan just doesn't ring true. 

Everything is so toxic and tribal in this primary, and it's made so much worse by how many factions there are. It was easier to handle when it was just Hillary vs. Bernie.  Now we have Bernie/Warren/Biden/Pete/Yang/Beto/Kamala/Klob/Tulsi supporters with their own agendas. 

idk given who his supporters are, many of them honestly are probably Joe Rogan listners. You may be right.

What I'm very annoyed about is why the criticism now is why didn't we see a wave of this when he went on the show in the first place? Both things seem to give him just as much of a platform and I think it's being cynically deployed now by people who are angry he's polling so well.

Edited by GSU&UT

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

idk given who his supporters are, many of them honestly are probably Joe Rogan listners. You may be right.

What I'm very annoyed about is why the criticism now is why didn't we see a wave of this when he went on the show in the first place? Both things seem to give him just as much of a platform and I think it's being cynically deployed now by people who are angry he's polling so well.

It's absolutely being cynically deployed. Bernie people have been doing this from the start. 

It's just funny to read a "whoa, whoa, let's be adults here and think this through" response from Bernie supporters who disingenuously and strategically attack others over stupid shit.  

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Wait, you were serious when bringing up Yang/Chappelle as a counter argument to my post?

Yes, because you said...

"But Bernie supporters would full on attack any other candidate that got a Rogan endorsement with the same complaints."

You could actually make a decent argument that Chappelle is legitimately transphobic himself instead of just someone who talks to transphobes (as Rogan does). So if your assertion here in bold was actually true then you could very easily find Bernie Bros yelling about Chappelle's endorsement of Yang.

But you won't be able to, because your assertion in bold is complete BS.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, because you said...

"But Bernie supporters would full on attack any other candidate that got a Rogan endorsement with the same complaints."

You could actually make a decent argument that Chappelle is legitimately transphobic himself instead of just someone who talks to transphobes (as Rogan does). So if your assertion here in bold was actually true then you could very easily find Bernie Bros yelling about Chappelle's endorsement of Yang.

Yes, I was specifically talking about Joe Rogan. Stop deflecting.

If Joe Rogan endorsed Warren, Biden, Pete, or Yang,  you'd all be screaming bloody murder using the same complaints. 

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, because you said...

I'm just one asshole on the internet, but I don't think Chappelle has the same political salience as Rogan does.  I had no idea he'd even endorsed Yang until you mentioned it. 

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, I was specifically talking about Joe Rogan. Stop deflecting.

If Joe Rogan endorsed Warren, Biden, Pete, or Yang,  you'd all be screaming bloody murder using the same complaints. 

Better to rely on your perpetually hurt feelings than the observable and completely analogous situation that just happened. LOGIC!

The Bernie Bros would only be disappointed if Rogan went Yang/Tulsi and would laugh at him because it's such a dumb meathead move. When yang went on Rogan before Bernie, the Bro reaction was, "Aww man, I hope Bernie goes on!" (You can even see it in the YouTube comments.)

Instead, we're happy at the dumb meathead instead of disappointed about the dumb meathead.

And evidence of this is that Yang already got an endorsement from a pRoBlEmAtIc and internationally famous comedian with nary a peep of "UH, #DOBETTER ANDREW!" whining from the Bros.

Have any evidence for your position?

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I'm just one asshole on the internet, but I don't think Chappelle has the same political salience as Rogan does.  I had no idea he'd even endorsed Yang until you mentioned it. 

Well that's because it's Andrew Yang, a gimmick candidate who doesn't register no matter what happens.

If Chappelle endorsed one of the Top 3 and was doing stand-up shows for one of the Top 3, you'd have heard.

I get what you're saying, but "political salience" is a big word for Joe. He's a credulous meathead with a huge audience. Chappelle might be more famous but with less of a reach, if that makes sense.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Well that's because it's Andrew Yang, a gimmick candidate who doesn't register no matter what happens.

If Chappelle endorsed one of the Top 3 and was doing stand-up shows for one of the Top 3, you'd have heard.

I get what you're saying, but "political salience" is a big word for Joe. He's a credulous meathead with a huge audience. Chappelle might be more famous but with less of a reach, if that makes sense.

Oh we're in 100% agreement on that. I basically hate him but I don't even think he's a truly bad guy, he's more a dipshit college freshman perpetually getting high and discussing the nature of existence itself for the first time. His audience mostly sucks, but I'd rather them listen to him promote Bernie and some leftist goals than the fucking intellectual dark web. At the same time, I sympathize with takes like this:

It's really not fair to women and minorities that have formed the backbone of left-leaning politics in America forever that we have to bring noxious shitheads into the tent without first requiring that they stop being noxious shitheads. But the world isn't fair and the challenge is to improve this shitty world.

What's the "stretch" anyone has to make here?

If there is some kind of problematic belief, let's talk about it.

[edit]

I just searched "Rogan transgender" in Twitter and tried to find the "worst" Tweet from him I could and didn't even look at the date. 2014? If you had asked me there's no chance I would've guessed that Rogan would have said "I 100% accept and support transgender folks" in 2014. I had (probably still have) some false preconceptions about the guy. Seems like he's more heart-of-gold + brain-of-cheesecloth than just brain-of-cheesecloth.

And honestly, the same is probably true of Chappelle if I dig deeper than just watching his specials.

But this is a snapshot of the overall woke vs regressive battle, which is that things aren't really that simple. The existence of Obama->Trump voters should prove that to us already, I guess.

Edited by bad_teammate

I forget how long ago, but Cohn posted about one of the recent Iowa polls where Bernie was up by 3 or 4 points and noted that it included people who either caucused as Republican in 2016 or didn't caucus at all and that Bernie may be getting underestimated in other polls. Going to be funny to see if this pushes him over the edge in Iowa.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

What's the "stretch" anyone has to make here?

If there is some kind of problematic belief, let's talk about it.

[edit]

I just searched "Rogan transgender" in Twitter and tried to find the "worst" Tweet from him I could and didn't even look at the date. 2014? If you had asked me there's no chance I would've guessed that Rogan would have said "I 100% accept and support transgender folks" in 2014. I had (probably still have) some false preconceptions about the guy. Seems like he's more heart-of-gold + brain-of-cheesecloth than just brain-of-cheesecloth.

And honestly, the same is probably true of Chappelle if I dig deeper than just watching his specials.

But this is a snapshot of the overall woke vs regressive battle, which is that things aren't really that simple. The existence of Obama->Trump voters should prove that to us already, I guess.

I'm not sure he has any real deeply held beliefs, but he frequently gives a megaphone to deeply awful people and is rarely if ever critical of the shit they say on his show.

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:
I forget how long ago, but Cohn posted about one of the recent Iowa polls where Bernie was up by 3 or 4 points and noted that it included people who either caucused as Republican in 2016 or didn't caucus at all and that Bernie may be getting underestimated in other polls. Going to be funny to see if this pushes him over the edge in Iowa.

My view this entire time has been that Bernie's bet is on people that pollsters factor out of likely voter models. A 37-year-old guy who works at a fulfillment center and has never voted before is someone pollsters throw in the garbage, but he listens to Joe Rogan and we are trying like HELL to call, text, or knock on his door.

We shall see if that manifests. Democracy!

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm not sure he has any real deeply held beliefs, but he frequently gives a megaphone to deeply awful people and is rarely if ever critical of the shit they say on his show.

He definitely has core values. We are all dismissive of him, but he's a human being and even with thousands of hours of material for people to dig from, I haven't really seen anything insane.

As for not being critical, that's not really true. I don't watch Rogan, but I've seen clips on the Majority Report (which I've watched/listened to literally since 2003 when Air America Radio was a thing, shout out for any other listeners!) and they show clips occasionally of him dunking on people. His show isn't a debate show, it's a chat show, so he's not really confrontational in any direction. He called out Gavin McInnes for starting a violent gang, he mocked Jordan Peterson's enforced monogamy bullshit, and he called out Milo's creepy priest pedophile thing. My favorite is him calling out Dave Rubin about regulations and building codes, because Dave Rubin is such an idiot.

Did he also laugh along with gross stuff? Absolutely! I'm not saying he's a left-wing warrior, but even though it's fun for me to portray him as a functionally retarded adult man, he's not really like that.

Is he as progressive as I would like? Hell no.

Is he more progressive than 60% of American men? Absolutely.

Go ask a normal person who isn't online all day to explain the difference between sex and gender. Or what "cisgender" means. They aren't going to know. And not because they're morally inferior, but because they do other things with their lives other than live online. "Twitter is not the real world" as the libs are fond of saying.

I've probably listened to more Joe Rogan in the last 24 hours than the last 3 years.

Cisgender libs: "JOE ROGAN IS DESTROYING TRANS SPACES!"

Trans lefties:

This is one of the many problems with identity politics: It's just another way for the privileged classes to maintain dominance because the privileged groups end up proclaiming themselves mouthpieces for those vulnerable identities. Yet more digital blackface for liberals.

[edit]

Again, eager to hear from actual trans Surlies.

Edited by bad_teammate