Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Think of the poor doctors. Those luxury homes and consumer items are not going to pay for themselves. 

Just imagine Zork thinking to himself "now this is freedom" as he's paying through the nose for his meds at the pharmacy.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

No. It's Good, Actually.

Bernie is going to very credibly run as the most anti-war, anti-deep state candidate possible. Young people are going to LOVE this shit. Anyone under 45 knows our nation is a fucking global terror and wants it to be something better.

If you honesty think this guy has a chance to win the general election, you are full of self delusion. 

A huge benefit of a President Sanders would be a president who shames the media into actually covering important issues impacting poor and vulnerable people. Trump yells at the press because they make him look bad, Bernie will yell at them for covering the spectacle while people die on the street.

17 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Think of the poor doctors. Those luxury homes and consumer items are not going to pay for themselves. 

I know this is weird but you pay more to attract the best talent.  I have zero issues with neurosurgeons making the big bucks compared to my specialty.  You don’t want participation trophy winners splitting your head open. 

But I digress, if delivered properly I have no issue with M4A.  I have just seen the govt completely botch too many things to go all in without serious concern.  

Wife is from Europe.  She watched multiple family members/friends die from operable conditions.  To be specific here’s a couple:  a renal ca patient where a nephrectomy would have lead to a 90%+ chance of survival.  And an operable brain tumor where odds would have greatly improved.  That gentleman was under 50.  These were cases in Geneva and through Eastern Europe.  I’m sorry but anyone in the US of A can stroll into Cook County and get those surgeries done without being on some deathlist/waiting list.  

And for some context, the majority of my money was made delivering value based care for Medicare.  Much of it at full risk, meaning if we didn’t deliver outcomes we were cutting a check to Uncle Sam.  I know a little bit about the subject and Medicare has been very good to me.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

A huge benefit of a President Sanders would be a president who shames the media into actually covering important issues impacting poor and vulnerable people. Trump yells at the press because they make him look bad, Bernie will yell at them for covering the spectacle while people die on the street.

Bernie's not my main squeeze, but he was righteous here and I applaud him.

In addition, I hate how journalism/mass communications has evolved and changed and not always for the better. The line between entertainment, infotainment, and honest investigative informative pieces has been blurred so badly that consumers hardly know where to turn regardless of and notwithstanding the active disinformation and discrediting occurring.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

No one at cpac knows what to do to get invited to cool parties. That's why they ended up at cpac.

I imagine it to be like an 80s party you saw in the movies, except there’s no booze or coke and the women are all ugly prude stuck up bitches in loud colored dresses. 

Getting food from nice people while canvassing rules.

I have eaten off a paper plate with a plastic fork while walking and then one of us would hold both plates while the other would knock the door and do the talking/writing. It's awesome.

If y'all are feeling truly hopeless about democracy you should go out and knock doors. It will restore your faith.

This thread is so damn awesome, even if it doesn't necessarily net a lot of votes. Rick Martin, a Bernie surrogate, and Nina Turner showed up to a rural black church about 30 minutes outside Columbia, SC and gave speeches to a very small crowd. This town of Jenkinsville only has something like 44 people that live there and it's so damn awesome to see they're trying to even reach out to the fairly rural Black Belt population.

• Like 1