Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Your family doesn't get rich without the gubment.

Government doesn’t make anyone rich.  They’re overhead.  And much of that flows directly to your party.  Any wonder why DC and surrounding areas that are filled with locusts off the feds and almost every state capital filled with locusts off the state is so solid blue?  Swamp creatures that vote for a living.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Government doesn’t make anyone rich.  They’re overhead.  And much of that flows directly to your party.  Any wonder why DC and surrounding areas that are filled with locusts off the feds and almost every state capital filled with locusts off the state is so solid blue?  Swamp creatures that vote for a living.  

Your family and others like it don't get rich without government provided roads, courts, schools, police, etc. And let's not forget the direct subsidization of capitalist endeavors.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Your family and others like it don't get rich without government provided roads, courts, schools, police, etc. And let's not forget the direct subsidization of capitalist endeavors.

Everyone uses roads, schools and police.  The poor use them as much or more.  And pay much less for them.  

Go stand in line at the metal detectors at your local court for the demographics of who is causing usage.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Everyone uses roads, schools and police.  The poor use them as much or more.  And pay much less for them.  

Go stand in line at the metal detectors at your local court for the demographics of who is causing usage.  

Yeah. The rich rarely use the government provided courts to protect their interests. Or government provided peace officers to enforce their rights. Or government provided military forces to protect their wealth. 

It's the poor who really benefit.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah. The rich rarely use the government provided courts to protect wealth. Or government provided peace officers to enforce their rights. Or government provided military forces to protect their wealth. 

It's the poor who really benefit.

The rich actually pay for that shit.  They also handle plenty legal issues in arbitration.  And plenty of their education in private schools.  And police concentrate their resources more in poor areas.  All the neighborhoods around me have their own security.  Seeing HPD around here is as rare as hen teeth.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The rich actually pay for that shit.  They also handle plenty legal issues in arbitration.  And plenty of their education in private schools.  And police concentrate their resources more in poor areas.  All the neighborhoods around me have their own security.  Seeing HPD around here is as rare as hen teeth.  

Where did you go to high school?

Seeing the demographic that Bernie is carrying tonight, im skeptical he can beat captain dipshit’s ass in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Florida.  

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They aren’t “government provided”. They are paid for by tax revenue, which is paid by(checks notes)... the wealthy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Assuming that results coming in tonight hold, what is Bernie's path to the nomination?  Seems like Bloomberg and Warren will drop and we know where most of their votes go.  

Very thin.  If he grinds long enough, and Biden fades due to scandal/bright light, I could see an argument he’s the runner up and the convention throwing to him on the second ballot.  If Sherrod Brown/Kamala/Abrams, etc doesn’t get put up as a savior candidate. 

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Might be a little early to dance on Bernie's grave. We might have 4-5 debates that are basically one-on-one.

Guess it depends on how bad creepy Joe Biden dementia gets lol

No matter what, Bernie is a dream

1583291938006-pol.jpg
1583284030492-pol.png
1583284329391-pol.jpg
1583284069579-pol.png
1583292569296-pol.png

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He’ll sell out again and get paid to endorse Biden.  And buy a 4th house somewhere. 

He is a loser.  Was on welfare and jobless until he got into politics as a middle aged man.  

Bernie seems honest to me.

Edited by Bookman

8 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Will Bernie Bros be exceptionally bitter and ugly to people tomorrow? Is tonight going to invigorate them to be more hostile? I feel like the tomorrow is an inflection point on the Bernie Bros narrative.

They already are.  I'm seeing tons of "Bernie or nobody in the general" on social media, and these are people I know, not bots.

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Good article on Bernie not knowing how to lead and his inability to pivot to do so. Shows a potential weakness if he became president. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21164091/sanders-biden-super-tuesday-endorsements-primary-2020

This is spot on.

In recent weeks, Biden has been racking up endorsements from Democratic Party heavyweights. Days before the crucial South Carolina primary, Rep. Jim Clyburn blessed Biden — giving him the single most important endorsement a Democrat can win in South Carolina. Biden went on to win the primary by almost 30 points. Days later, Biden got endorsements from Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Beto O’Rourke, and Harry Reid — endorsements that, in his speech Tuesday night, he credited with helping him notch a shockingly strong Super Tuesday performance.

Sanders’s supporters have reacted to these endorsements with fury. To them, it’s proof the fix is in.

If Biden wins the nomination, it will be a real lesson in how power works. Bernie was on track to win, Biden had no campaign, and they all knew it. So a few phone calls were made behind the scenes to Amy, Pete, Beto. Several million was put into a pro-Warren Super PAC. Voila!

— Nathan J Robinson (@NathanJRobinson) March 4, 2020

If that’s the lesson Sanders’s supporters take about how power works, it’s the wrong lesson. The work of the president requires convincing legislators in your party to support your agenda, sometimes at the cost of your political or policy ambitions. If Sanders and his team don’t figure out how to do it, they could very well lose to Biden, and even if they win, they’ll be unable to govern.

Persuading the Amy Klobuchars of the world to support you, even when they know it’s a risk, is exactly what the president needs to do to pass bills, whether that’s a Green New Deal or Medicare-for-all or just an infrastructure package. Biden, for all his weak debate performances and meandering speeches, is showing he still has that legislator’s touch. That he can unite the party around him, and convince even moderate Democrats to support a liberal agenda, is literally the case for his candidacy.

Sanders hasn’t demonstrated that same skill over the course of this primary, or his career. Worse, his most enthusiastic supporters treat that kind of transactional politicking with contempt. Senators like Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, and Elizabeth Warren, who co-sponsored Sanders’s Medicare-for-all bill but quibbled with details or wanted to soften sections, were treated not as allies to cultivate but as traitors to exile.

Similarly, Sanders’s supporters have been furious, for weeks, that Warren hasn’t dropped out and endorsed Sanders. What they haven’t done is ask why Sanders hasn’t been able to convince her — or any of the major Democrats who have already dropped out — to endorse him. Whatever case Biden is making or deals he’s offering, Sanders isn’t matching him. Or perhaps the well has been poisoned by Sanders supporters filling Twitter with tweets calling Warren a snake and the Democratic establishment a cabal.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Not really "big", because he already said this and he's an honest person.

But I'm sure some here will be interested.

Yeah, he's honest alright.  Wait, wasn't it Bernie who said that a plurality in 2016 should not be sufficient to garner the nomination?  Hmmm.

I believe that makes Bernie . . . a hypocrite.

NSIAP -- it's making the social media rounds.  This is the Bernie Bro Behavior that just utterly pisses other Democrats off.

And yes, it's real, and yes, it's the perspective of a nontrivial cross section of the Sanders movement.  Little bitches who want to play at the poker table and then get pissed when the other players don't let them rewrite the rules.

Here's a novel fucking idea:  if the Democratic Party isn't to your liking, DON'T RUN IN THE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARIES.

Blue No Matter Who people are already blaming us in advance for not voting for Biden in the general election. They need to sit down and understand something.

We (people like myself) were never Blue No Matter Who. We were never Blue to begin with. Blue has, for decades, been a source of disappointment, neglect, deceit, betrayal, and collusion with the people who actively persecute us. Yall never had us to begin with, yet you're acting entitled to our votes and support.

Fuck. You.

You need to understand this: This election season, you all have been inundated by our generosity as we put our discomfort aside for the off chance of salvaging your shitty Party. Your cup of our compromises runneth the fuck over. You are not entitled to a single goddamn vote, and we sure as fuck are not responsible for wrecking your mediocre ass dreams.

I think the fuck not.

There's people out here committing suicide over the student debt they're drowning in, debt that they acquired by putting faith in your bullshit promises of work-hard-get-paid. We're out here GoFundMeing chemo treatments, getting shot at by your friends in blue (hah, yall love that color don't you?), and drinking poison water because your billionaire buddies wanted to save a dollar. And what did yall do?

Actively and OPENLY sabotaged the only candidate who bothered to give a fuck.

I don't owe you shit.

You want Trump out? Wow. What ambition. Don't pull a muscle reaching for the fucking stars there. Thank you for really coming through when things finally got bad enough that they started to affect YOU.

Maybe if YOU learn how to compromise we can do that.

Erase crippling debt no matter who. End police brutality no matter who. Abolish ICE no matter who. Free Palestine no matter who. Stop people from dying of preventable fucking illnesses no matter who.

Fuck your Party loyalty. We want People loyalty. When you show up for that, then we can talk about what you can have from us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

NSIAP -- it's making the social media rounds.  This is the Bernie Bro Behavior that just utterly pisses other Democrats off.

And yes, it's real, and yes, it's the perspective of a nontrivial cross section of the Sanders movement.  Little bitches who want to play at the poker table and then get pissed when the other players don't let them rewrite the rules.

Here's a novel fucking idea:  if the Democratic Party isn't to your liking, DON'T RUN IN THE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARIES.

These are the same people that want Liz to fall in line and support Bernie. Zero fucking self awareness from that group.

27 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Where did you get it?

I bet it is equally stupid, if not moreso.

It was shared on FB by multiple acquaintances who support Bernie.  All shared from the original author's page (unless she plagiarized it).

The point is that known Bernie supporters are sharing it as "the truth", and I find it fucking reprehensible.  I'm sure you don't.

The social media dramas obsessed over here aren't real life.

I've done dozens of hours of phonebanking for Bernie in the last year and the number of times someone mentioned Bernie Bros or online rudeness? Once, a Pete supporter who asked me what Pete was talking about during the debate when he brought it up.

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Seems like you should talk to those people about it instead of acting like an old woman with an e-mail chain waving printed Hotmail pages in her grandson's face demanding satisfaction.

Huh.  I could've sworn this was the Bernie Sanders thread.  My bad.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I've done dozens of hours of phonebanking for Bernie in the last year and the number of times someone mentioned Bernie Bros or online rudeness? Once, a Pete supporter who asked me what Pete was talking about during the debate when he brought it up.

so are you saying it's imaginary, or are you saying that only the very-online people are aware of it, which actually represents a small amount of people in real life?