Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

The fuck are you talking about?

It's about utility, an F250 serves a specific purpose. I own an F250 and have hauled horses all over the state. I ain't going to be doing that with a Tesla but I am interested in a Ford Lightening.

Gonna be fun watching him go unhinged and dropping more than a few uncomfortable truth bombs along the way. 

Amazing how every bit of the river of insane shit spewing from Elon falls in the “truth bomb”, instead of the “narcissist bullshit” bucket for you. More than a bit telling. He says some things that are true. A whole lot more is self indulgent and self congratulatory bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Amazing how every bit of the river of insane shit spewing from Elon falls in the “truth bomb”, instead of the “narcissist bullshit” bucket for you. More than a bit telling. He says some things that are true. A whole lot more is self indulgent and self congratulatory bullshit.

Nice attempt at sleight of hand transitioning from "more than a few uncomfortable truth bombs" to "every bit of the river of insane shit spewing from Elon falls into the 'truth bomb'". 

I understand that that kind of shit works more times than not in your day to day, but please try harder here. 

Some narcissistic traits common in people with autistic spectrum disorders, but NPD is something a good bit different.  Ask any of the many posters that have first hand experience with NPD and other cluster Bs. Or maybe reach out to the guy landing rockets on drone ships and stoking a major transformation in the automotive industry. I think that you can probably @ him. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's about utility, an F250 serves a specific purpose. I own an F250 and have hauled horses all over the state. I ain't going to be doing that with a Tesla but I am interested in a Ford Lightening.

I own an f250 as well. The Lightning is intriguing but will have essentially no range while towing. Not a realistic option. 

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

I own an f250 as well. The Lightning is intriguing but will have essentially no range while towing. Not a realistic option. 

My current F250 is only 6 years old. I am not getting rid of it. Besides now that I am divorced and my oldest sons are in college I will not be hauling horses very often anymore. My daughter is the only one that regularly rides horses these days.

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Nice attempt at sleight of hand transitioning from "more than a few uncomfortable truth bombs" to "every bit of the river of insane shit spewing from Elon falls into the 'truth bomb'". 

I understand that that kind of shit works more times than not in your day to day, but please try harder here. 

Some narcissistic traits common in people with autistic spectrum disorders, but NPD is something a good bit different.  Ask any of the many posters that have first hand experience with NPD and other cluster Bs. Or maybe reach out to the guy landing rockets on drone ships and stoking a major transformation in the automotive industry. I think that you can probably @ him. 

Do you think we should ignore his rampant securities fraud because of this?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Makes sense.  Sure.  
The pioneer of mass produced electric cars, is no longer on the Environmental, Social, and Governance. index

Would be interesting to see the list of lame companies tangentially related to ESG that are on that list. I think its just another acronym-based investment scam that probably won't be worthwhile. 

Story stocks get annihilated in bear markets, if that weren't being made obvious as of late. 

Edited by bullzak
  • Hook 'Em 2

Makes sense.  Sure.  
The pioneer of mass produced electric cars, is no longer on the Environmental, Social, and Governance. index

Autopilot keeps killing people though and they don't seem to care, so maybe their social score took a hit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, Dipshits: people can be good and bad at the same time. We aren’t binary computers. Musk can be an visionary investor who helped pioneer the first viable and profitable electric vehicle company, while also being a narcissistic dickhead who stupidly bought Twitter because he’s addicted to the serotonin hit of social media (or other things).

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Hey, Dipshits: people can be good and bad at the same time. We aren’t binary computers. Musk can be an visionary investor who helped pioneer the first viable and profitable electric vehicle company, while also being a narcissistic dickhead who stupidly bought Twitter because he’s addicted to the serotonin hit of social media (or other things).

Jeff Bezos took this personally

47 minutes ago, bullzak said:

Would be interesting to see the list of lame companies tangentially related to ESG that are on that list. I think its just another acronym-based investment scam that probably won't be worthwhile. 

Story stocks get annihilated in bear markets, if that weren't being made obvious as of late. 

You mean like Exxon?  They are rated top ten best in world for environment, social & governance (ESG) by S&P 500.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You mean like Exxon?  They are rated top ten best in world for environment, social & governance (ESG) by S&P 500.  

Exxon is smart and has learned how to game the ESG ratings, apparently Tesla hasn't figured it out yet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I know Elon doesn't believe in it, but from a stock holder perspective he really needs Tesla to add a PR department. Lack of a PR department is hurting his company and therefore his future ability to do what he wants to do.

This tweet would have been great without the last sentence. He made a good point. Then he had to go all political and fucking ruin it.

He seems like a twat waffle. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Bingo.  I don't have any particular hate for Elon.....nor am I a fanboi.  He's done some incredible and innovative things.  He's also a whiny emotional child playing games.  Both can be and are true.

• Hook 'Em 3

That's just it.  It's a game and nothing more.  It's a place to bend the knee or suffer the consequences

Well XOM lost a few board seats to an activist investment firm because they poo-poo'ed ESG for the last several years.  Apparently the board changes woke them the fuck up.

And for sure they know how to game the system.  I won't argue against that, but me and my meteoric returns on XOM stock don't give a flying fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Are they really crappy though?

I think their QC is pretty poor.  I’ve been in several that were nice enough, and acceleration is pretty unreal, but enough people I know have had quality issues that I wouldn’t consider one.  

But I’m not their target since I don’t like sniffing my farts.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

This is a very stupid comparison, but not particularly unsurprising

Negged for the unnecessary aggression coupled with incoherent grammar.

I said his likability is trending that way...no direct comparison was made. Nuance is important. But guess it hurts the Elon stan's fee fees.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Hey, Dipshits: people can be good and bad at the same time. Musk can be an visionary investor who helped pioneer the first viable and profitable electric vehicle company, while also being a narcissistic dickhead ...

Wasn't he also the dickhead who got sued by Martin Eberhard, Tesla's founder because Musk kinda sorta pulled a Zuckerberg and essentially wrote him out of Tesla's leadership? The suit was dropped due to an undisclosed settlement being reached, but Musk got the upper hand in that one because no one remembers Eberhard any more than anyone really remembers Eduardo Saverin of Facebook (other than the book and Academy Award winning movie). Your statement about good and bad has never been more true, but Musk is a bit of a fraud with deep pockets really.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Cannot spell
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Negged for the unnecessary aggression coupled with incoherent grammar.

I said his likability is trending that way...no direct comparison was made. Nuance is important. But guess it hurts the Elon stan's fee fees.

Still a stupid comparison, double negatives aside.

Shkreli took a very inexpensive, non-innovative, but effective drug used to prevent opportunistic infections in AIDS patients and increased the price from $13 to $750.  If you think that the two are in the same universe of likability you had very poorly calibrated their relative positions on the likability scale. You don't have to like Musk, but at least he is not out there trying to kill AIDS patients.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I think their QC is pretty poor.  I’ve been in several that were nice enough, and acceleration is pretty unreal, but enough people I know have had quality issues that I wouldn’t consider one.  

But I’m not their target since I don’t like sniffing my farts.

what QC problems were they?  i'd heard of superficial things (paint job problems etc) but nothing that affected function so i'm curious what your friends' experiences were.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wasn't he also the dickhead who got sued by Martin Eberhard, Tesla's founder because Musk kinda sorta pulled a Zuckerberg and essentially wrote him out of Tesla's leadership? The suit was dropped due to an undisclosed settlement being reached, but Musk got the upper hand in that one because no one remembers Eberhard any more than anyone really remembers Eduardo Saverin of Facebook (other than the book and Academy Award winning movie). Your statement about good and bad has never been more true, but Musk is a bit of a fraud with deep pockets really.

Let me put it this way: Musk has allowed the vast bulk of public to believe he is the inventor of Tesla’s technology, or at least was a major scientific contributor, when that is demonstrably and categorically untrue. 

And yes, he settled very, very quickly with Eberhard when it finally went to court. I read/heard speculation somewhere that his announcement that he wouldn’t defend Tesla’s patents was more about making sure Eberhard and the other founders remain leased to Tesla and it’s success by preventing them from bringing IP claims in the future, but I can’t remember if that was real or just one of my buddies talking shit.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Right, they are going to buy Ford Lightnings and whatever the future EV 250 is called.

Shit, I'm not a truck guy and a Lightning is super compelling for me. I doubt I'm ever going to buy a pure ICE car again, and I'd love a pure electric as battery capacity and charging techniques improve. Charging at home at $0.13 per kWhr, a 98kWhr battery in a lightning would cost you twelve bucks to fill up from empty. That's fucking nuts.

Edited by Captainant

what QC problems were they?  i'd heard of superficial things (paint job problems etc) but nothing that affected function so i'm curious what your friends' experiences were.

There’s a lot of issues with panel alignment. Inconsistent gaps, some gaps big enough to make your mom blush. There was one pic where the driver’s door had a black interior and the other door had a white interior. If you don’t even notice mismatched door trim, what else are you overlooking?
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

When I think of getting into a self-driving car, I want it to be a car developed with thorough and careful due diligence, with appropriate attention to detail and caution given the gravity of what’s at stake. So, obviously, I would rest easy knowing Elon Musk was in charge of producing it.

I took a ride in the test drive model 3 my BIL is checking out the other night.  The FSD function is nothing close.  It's cool technology and interface, but still seems many years down the road.  I mean this thing doesn't even make turns. As we were riding along and a large semi pulled out up ahead of us, my BIL turned that shit off pretty quick and took back control.  

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Ana seems to be taking some valid criticisms of Elon’s personality a little personally.

Y: Elon Musk is trending towards Martin Shkreli status!

A: That is stupid.

W: You are taking this personally.

A: You are clown. 

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

Fit and finish.  Things you wouldn’t expect at the price point.

The ones I’ve read about with software updates and mapping issues are all anecdotal.

8 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Makes sense.  Sure.  

S&P Dow Jones Indices cited claims of racial discrimination and poor working conditions at Tesla’s flagship factory and its handling of a federal investigation into deaths linked to its autopilot vehicles in its decision to remove Tesla from the index.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I took a ride in the test drive model 3 my BIL is checking out the other night.  The FSD function is nothing close.  It's cool technology and interface, but still seems many years down the road.  I mean this thing doesn't even make turns. As we were riding along and a large semi pulled out up ahead of us, my BIL turned that shit off pretty quick and took back control.  

FSD seems to be falling out of favor. As long as people can turn on Autopilot so they can flip through Tik Tok while driving down the highway, they don’t give a shit about FSD. 

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Politics fucks up erthang...  Musk is on that bullshit...  If he were a basketball player. He'd catch a "shut up and dribble..."

Don't talk about it. Be about it. Show and prove. 

Musk should just shut up and…

That’s it. Shut up 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Yes the worlds wealthiest and most innovative should just show up, this is the liberal opinion

SHUT

UP

Musk fan bois are the fucking worst 

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?