Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

He revels in sticking it to convention and trolling people he doesn't like. I certainly can think of a sunset of folks who get a kick out of that. 

In some cases, musk's style leads to breakthroughs in engineering and design by going back to basics and first principles like his success with SpaceX. In other cases he waaaaaay overextends himself, amped up on his own false bravado. His move to get Twitter is the latter in my opinion. 

It's just weird. I mean why don't we have a thread where all the betalabs can lose their shit about the CEO of Walgreens.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

The only people worse than the Elon fans are the “why does anyone care” people. He’s the richest man in the history of the world and he’s a giant loser baby who wants so bad to be cool and tries so so hard and fails miserably every time. Of course people fucking talk about him. 

And there's "obsession" with him in the sense that his company's stock drop relative to market leader comps is pissing off his shareholders while Elon shitposts on Twitter, makes an offer for it, backs out (for now), and then complains about media hitjobs calling them partisan motivated (I'm looking at you, BUSINESS INSIDER!!).  

But one of the "why does anyone care?" dipshits on this page also can't decipher Vincent Vega gifs that mock this stupidity.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The only people worse than the Elon fans are the “why does anyone care” people. He’s the richest man in the history of the world and he’s a giant loser baby who wants so bad to be cool and tries so so hard and fails miserably every time. Of course people fucking talk about him. 

Yeah that question is right there with Slorch’s “I got a vaccine hoping people would stfu to me about it so I’m going to post it on a message board and be surprised people didn’t stfu about it” post today.  (He’ll probably be along shortly with a quip). 

Elon has gone a little wild lately with the Twitter ‘buying’ and excessive divisive tweets, of course we are talking about him.  When the Walgreens CEO is in the news like this, sure we will talk about him too. 

Edited by Homercles

22 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It's just weird. I mean why don't we have a thread where all the betalabs can lose their shit about the CEO of Walgreens.

So is ‘betalabs’ the new QAnon meme signal?  You used it in the monkey pox thread too.  I can’t keep up with the lingo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

What's behind the weird obsession with Musk? I can't wrap my head around how so many alleged adults can be so obsessed with him.

Replace the word "Musk" with "college football" and it would still be true, and yet you took the time to register an account and post. Weird for someone who's so above that kinda stuff. 

58 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Because the CEO of Walgreens isn't making a public spectacle of herself. If she was there would definitely be a thread. Train wrecks draw attention.

27 minutes ago, F250 said:

Because the CEO of Walgreens isn't making a public spectacle of herself. If she was there would definitely be a thread. Train wrecks draw attention.

I'll admit I haven't been too up on pop culture ... did he get caught banging a hooker or something? Did he strip naked in public? What kind of public spectacle did he launch?

6 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I'll admit I haven't been too up on pop culture ... did he get caught banging a hooker or something? Did he strip naked in public? What kind of public spectacle did he launch?

Leave Elon alone!!!

leave-her-alone-crying.gif

Talk about a Betalab, holy shit.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Does that mean you have no idea what you meant by "public spectacle" you mentioned? But thanks for the selfie ...

It means it's weird when a grown man white knights for another grown man he doesn't know.

21 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Sorry - did you explain the public spectacle or not? Didn't mean to lead you on, I was not white knighting you I was just admiring your selfie GIF.

lulz

Elon acts a fool online.

Soft serve simp: why is everyone gawking at Elon?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Did he not follow you on insta?  I'm straight but still thought your video clip was good. You do better makeup than I could.

Nah bro, I ain't into weird shit like that. I mean I will hit up a local chick on Insta or Snapchat but I ain't trying to ride Elon's nuts on social media.

Why do you do that?

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

Nah bro, I ain't into weird shit like that. I mean I will hit up a local chick on Insta or Snapchat but I ain't trying to ride Elon's nuts on social media.

Why do you do that?

I guess Elon should be grateful for that. You should try to get laid vs pining for a stranger on a BBS full of morons. Use you cute little GIF online and you'll be the talk of ATX Btown.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I guess Elon should be grateful for that. You should try to get laid vs pining for a stranger on a BBS full of morons. Use you cute little GIF online and you'll be the talk of ATX Btown.

Bro, I ain't the one white knighting a dude like a soft serve betalab simp.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

What's behind the weird obsession with Musk? I can't wrap my head around how so many alleged adults can be so obsessed with him.

Have you seen the thread where way too many fucking people seem to care about Amber Heard's bathroom habits?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I’m guessing “betalab” is some shitty new variation on beta from the incel internet or something?

"Betacuck" never got the traction outside of their little circle jerks that they were hoping for.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 12:17 AM, ultimaton said:

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

On 5/21/2022 at 7:10 AM, wildcat09 said:

I’m guessing “betalab” is some shitty new variation on beta from the incel internet or something?

"betalab" bergeron has a certain ring to it

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 7:56 AM, Captainant said:

But I thought their strength was that they were building a massive neural net, not collecting data? Granted, data collection and preparation is like 80% of the work with machine learning, but I'm just giving you shit for repeating what you heard somewhere else lol

Seeing hardcore leftists hate the top EV company in the world is hilarious 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

*now.  Hate him, now.  2 years ago he was saving the world.  

Really? You think the people calling out Elon today for being a petulant child were his slavish fanbois 2 years ago? Cite? I sure as hell wasn’t. I’ve been ambivalent about him for a long-ass time. He’s a complicated dude.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

*now.  Hate him, now.  2 years ago he was saving the world.  

You could just go to the beginning of the thread and test your theory. The few actual Surly leftists were anti-Musk years ago. Fuck, MAC the OP has been on the Elon is a fraud train for years.

• Like 1

It's also telling how much of a Cult of Personality he has by Struggle conflating Elon Musk with "the top EV company in the world". Elon Musk is not Tesla. People can like the battery / storage technologies that Tesla is driving (no pun intended) while also pointing out what a shitty person Elon Musk is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

You could just go to the beginning of the thread and test your theory. The few actual Surly leftists were anti-Musk years ago. Fuck, MAC the OP has been on the Elon is a fraud train for years.

Post 9 nailed it, for sure. 

There was a shitload of ambivalence until not long ago. Some dropped when he became wealthiest person on planet. More with the Twitter bullshit. Even more recently with the “never voting democrat” statements.  His contributions to curbing climate change is about to be all for naught with roughly 50% of the population. 

Post 9 nailed it, for sure. 

There was a shitload of ambivalence until not long ago. Some dropped when he became wealthiest person on planet. More with the Twitter bullshit. Even more recently with the “never voting democrat” statements.  His contributions to curbing climate change is about to be all for naught with roughly 50% of the population. 

Even assuming that he and he alone is the architect of the climate benefits brought about by Tesla EVs….a person can do one thing that’s positive and another that’s negative. The negative might even outweigh the positive.
I’d love to have a finance guy who can get me a new mortgage at 1% below market….if he does that, he’s my hero. If he also fucks my wife and punches my kids, not so much. Doesn’t mean he still didn’t save me thousands; it just means that in total, he’s a dick.
I’m finding the right’s obsession with being a cult of personality twisted as shit. There’s only two ways for y’all to be: a man is either God or the devil, with nothing in between. It’s how you make gods of deeply flawed, sometimes genuinely awful, men. I don’t fucking get it. I don’t think any man is a pure savior to be worshipped.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

What is interesting is certain posters cannot help but drive this thread into CR territory.

If interest in Elon was only about Elon then StruggleBus and fatty wouldn't have the uncontrollable need to make CR related comments in the DT.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

What is interesting is certain posters cannot help but drive this thread into CR territory.

If interest in Elon was only about Elon then StruggleBus and fatty wouldn't have the uncontrollable need to make CR related comments in the DT.

I give 0 fucks about his politics.  Or him really.  Entertaining though.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Seeing hardcore leftists hate the top EV company in the world is hilarious 

1) Lol, I'm definitely not a "hardcore leftist". Not sure how that would be relevant to the topic anyways

2) Tesla the company, TSLA the stock, SpaceX the company, and Elon as a person are all very different entities. Tesla is doing the same thing that all of Elon's companies do: approaching an existing problem from a new angle. Tesla and SpaceX have absolutely innovated and fundamentally changed their respective industries at a fundamental level.

However, starting back in 2018 Elon's compensation moved to be heavily favoring stock options as performance incentives on stock price - meaning Musk's compensation is pegged to TSLA is doing. Not car production, not sales, not revenue, not actual value.

Last year, it's arguable that he used bitcoin to pump TSLA:

1. In February 2021 Musk bought about $1.5B worth of bitcoin through Tesla.
  2. Shortly thereafter Tesla announced that they would be accepting bitcoin as payment for cars. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/08/tesla-buys-1point5-billion-in-bitcoin.html
  3. This added a lot of confidence in Bitcoin to investors (after all, a company with a huge market cap is legitimizing it as a currency) and it basically surged from around $39K in February to $61k by March of 2021.
  4. In April of 2021 Musk triggers an $11B bonus payment due to hitting a valuation benchmark that was based mostly off of Tesla’s investment in bitcoin. An investment that Musk personally hyped to spike the value of bitcoin. https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/teslas-elon-musk-qualifies-11-billion-options-payout-2021-04-26/
  5. In May of 2021, Tesla announces that they will no longer accept bitcoin as a form of payment. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57096305.amp

He used BTC to get people excited about TSLA and pump its exchange price to more than the next 10 largest companies COMBINED. Larger that Toyota, Ford, VW, et al. Despite producing fewer cars than those competitors, rarely turning a quarterly profit, and failing to meet feature promises and delivery dates.

Don't get me wrong - Tesla has really gotten the ball rolling on standardizing adaptive cruise control and developing autonomous drive. They're addressing fundamental design assumptions based on old battery tech that's leading to more efficient and greener cars. 

TSLA and how Elon is using it to hoover up stupid money to do a meme to "own the libs" (direct quote of Elon, btw) is completely different from Tesla.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

1) Lol, I'm definitely not a "hardcore leftist". Not sure how that would be relevant to the topic anyways

2) Tesla the company, TSLA the stock, SpaceX the company, and Elon as a person are all very different entities. Tesla is doing the same thing that all of Elon's companies do: approaching an existing problem from a new angle. Tesla and SpaceX have absolutely innovated and fundamentally changed their respective industries at a fundamental level.

However, starting back in 2018 Elon's compensation moved to be heavily favoring stock options as performance incentives on stock price - meaning Musk's compensation is pegged to TSLA is doing. Not car production, not sales, not revenue, not actual value.

Last year, it's arguable that he used bitcoin to pump TSLA:

1. In February 2021 Musk bought about $1.5B worth of bitcoin through Tesla.
  2. Shortly thereafter Tesla announced that they would be accepting bitcoin as payment for cars. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/08/tesla-buys-1point5-billion-in-bitcoin.html
  3. This added a lot of confidence in Bitcoin to investors (after all, a company with a huge market cap is legitimizing it as a currency) and it basically surged from around $39K in February to $61k by March of 2021.
  4. In April of 2021 Musk triggers an $11B bonus payment due to hitting a valuation benchmark that was based mostly off of Tesla’s investment in bitcoin. An investment that Musk personally hyped to spike the value of bitcoin. https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/teslas-elon-musk-qualifies-11-billion-options-payout-2021-04-26/
  5. In May of 2021, Tesla announces that they will no longer accept bitcoin as a form of payment. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57096305.amp

He used BTC to get people excited about TSLA and pump its exchange price to more than the next 10 largest companies COMBINED. Larger that Toyota, Ford, VW, et al. Despite producing fewer cars than those competitors, rarely turning a quarterly profit, and failing to meet feature promises and delivery dates.

Don't get me wrong - Tesla has really gotten the ball rolling on standardizing adaptive cruise control and developing autonomous drive. They're addressing fundamental design assumptions based on old battery tech that's leading to more efficient and greener cars. 

TSLA and how Elon is using it to hoover up stupid money to do a meme to "own the libs" (direct quote of Elon, btw) is completely different from Tesla.

U Mad Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I give 0 fucks about his politics.  Or him really.  Entertaining though.

But yall are literally the only ones bringing it up like it fucking matters in the slightest. It really doesn't. Nobody ever put this dude on a pedestal until AFTER he started with his "the left is too woke for me" act(yet another idea he lifted from someone else). And now all of a sudden certain people are super in love with the guy and stanning for him despite valid criticisms. So fucking weird, get a life. Just because someone has a lot of money doesn't make them captain of the universe.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?