Anyone else stumble onto this Formula E racing?

Landomatic

Not sure how the hell I ended up watching this.  It’s on Fox.  Damn...this is some wheels off shit.  Seems to have legit car makers (Audi, Jaguar, etc) and sponsors. It’s in New York right now.  The only pit stop was to swap cars.  You know because the electronic car can’t just get more gas.  They need a car with a full charge.  Only 45 laps or 1 hour (I think whichever comes first).  Some pretty good drama.  Great announcers.  Might be the future of racing right here.

5 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Unfortunately, I think it might be the future.  If it’s any indication, Porsche dropped its LMP class to focus on Formula E. 

A lot of people think they dropped it to move to F1. But the current F1 manufacturers are holding the formula hostage, essentially, trying to preserve their monopoly. They're holding up the switch to a cheaper, simpler 2021 engine formula, on which some prospective manufacturers are basing their  entry decision. And now the current manufacturers (Mercedes, Ferrari, Honda, and Renault) are saying F1 should just stick with the status quo because no new manufacturers have committed yet. See how that works?

Fuckers are killing F1.