9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Hewitt Forecast:

Today 108

Fri  108

Sat 109

Sun 109

Mon 109

That's some Wink, TX/Tuscon, AZ bullshit

Just got back from taking my dog for a walk. 845.  98 deg.  Fuck this. 

I think Phd said it would let up mid next week but i dont see it on weather underground

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

And people still want to move here.

It’s the people who visit in December and think “ohh, so comfy compared to New Jersey in December.”  Read that in a Fran Drescher voice and it makes complete sense.

I think I need a Sumitt County Colorado condo and a way to make money there during the summer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I had a soccer game and a soccer game tonight. Drinking beer in between games wasn't the best idea

Supposed to have had 6:30 and 7:30 softball games last night but one of the field sprinkler systems broke so they had to cancel the games.  Thank God.  It was still 107 at 6:30

Heres one thing i dont understand about people.

My neighborhood is mostly 40ish year old homes. I am shocked by the amount of homes in this area that dont have trees planted.  These homes have been baking all day every day over 40 summers.  I have an ash tree that gives us some shade in the afternoon.  Id hate to think about what our electric bill would be without it.  I have no doubt that i wouldnt be able to keep my indoor temp under 85 without it.  

Plant trees.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I think Phd said it would let up mid next week but i dont see it on weather underground

"Relief" relatively speaking... The high is supposed to move north and west of Austin so temps will go down to about 100. Could even get back down to double digits. Then we'll probably go up again to the low 100's.  Because July / August gonna July / August.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BearSchlong said:
23 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:
Subscribed. I had to buy a portable AC for our house. Our AC just couldn't keep up. I checked the temp with my meat thermometer and it was 88 in our living room.. 

What did you buy? I may be in the market as I have a sunroom that might need one.

[urlhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028AYQDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

It works pretty well, but it's pretty big. You'll need to have a window that will open. 

44 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I got this fellas.  I just watched a commercial for a sunseeker retractable awning you can put on your house.  Per the add this cheap ass camper awning will cool your shit down.  They are currently running a special.

So you go from the Sun’s light side to the Sun’s dark side.    Outstanding 

LOL 6.9 miles.  Ha ha hee hee haw haw...

Did anyone notice that this morning it was actually 70°?  That's more like late September.  The very dry air is almost desert-like, getting really cool at night before ramping up.

3 more days of this then temps go down about 7-8 degrees.  

Temps on Tuesday expected to get to 99°.  Break out the wool blankets!  (Temps going back to 100° afterwards but not this really bad shit, maybe 101°.  Although at those temps it really don't make much of a shit between 100° and 106° as far as I'm concerned.  Hot is hot).

Edited by phdhorn

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

LOL 6.9 miles.  Ha ha hee hee haw haw...

Did anyone notice that this morning it was actually 70°?  That's more like late September.  The very dry air is almost desert-like, getting really cool at night before ramping up.

3 more days of this then temps go down about 7-8 degrees.  

Temps on Tuesday expected to get to 99°.  Break out the wool blankets!  (Temps going back to 100° afterwards but not this really bad shit, maybe 101°.  Although at those temps it really don't make much of a shit between 100° and 106° as far as I'm concerned.  Hot is hot).

I've got them coming out to make sure my furnace is in working order before that cold snap.

Could be worse, you could have made the drive from McKinney to Irving like I did yesterday with no AC in 109.  My whole shirt and short was drenched.   These are Las Vegas temps but with humidity.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:08 AM, Parliament said:

I've never been to the Congo, but I spent time in West Africa.  Takes a week to acclimate, but once you're shaggy and sunburned, you look like you know your shit, and people don't mess with you.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, phdhorn said:

Just went toobing on the San Marcos.  That shit's cold, too.  68° or so.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:01 AM, InkaUtexas said:

The San Marcos river says hola. Plus it is full of Co-eds in bikinis. 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Trey3216 said:

Hewitt Forecast:

Today 108

Fri  108

Sat 109

Sun 109

Mon 109

That's some Wink, TX/Tuscon, AZ bullshit

On 7/19/2018 at 12:05 AM, irishtexan said:

That being said, tonight is the first night this summer where I’ve gone outside for my end of the night cigarette and whiskey and it’s STILL fucking hit as shit outside. It’s not cooling off at all right now.

The low 2 nights ago here was 80.

That's just stupid hot with no relief.

Edited by slorch

Wanna know how fucking hot it is? Gotdam tortilla chips are spontaneously combusting!

Tortilla chips ‘spontaneously combust’ at Austin factory last week, firefighters say

Several cases of tortilla chips “spontaneously combusted” outside of a Southeast Austin tortilla chip factory last week, firefighters said. 

The Austin Fire Department on Wednesday said the strange blazes happened July 12 and 15 at a factory at 6110 Trade Center Drive.

“The factory in question was trying out a new way to handle the waste from the chips that, suffice it to say, didn’t work out so well,” the department said on its Facebook page. Officials were unclear about how the new process could have led to the fire.

When evening crews responded to the fire on July 12, officials said firefighters watched as several cardboard boxes containing discarded chips continued to ignite right before their eyes.

The blaze was contained to the outside of the building and quickly extinguished, Austin fire officials said. 

However, more boxes that had not been involved in the first fire combusted three days later, prompting crews to douse all the boxes with water to eliminate any other fire risk, officials said.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 8:50 PM, Post Oak said:

They said for H-town area 4 days of 100+ and then strong chances of rain. 

While we've had some good rainfall this summer, it sure would be nice to get the folks upstream some relief!!!

Edited by slorch

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Neonmoon said:

I just saw a person running in my neighborhood. Have fun dying dumbfuck

I've run the last couple of days at 6pm when it was 102.  

I ran this morning when it was 80 and 70% humidity.  That was harder on me.