Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Just watched as well. The ripple effects of childhood abuse never cease to amaze and devastate. Glad that the full story could be told eventually but clearly that’s two lives profoundly altered by a truly fucked up childhood.  

While it was horrible, I would recommend for anyone to watch this to avail themselves of what can happen when evil runs roughshod over the innocent. Kudos to both of them for finding some form of closure. 

On 10/14/2019 at 3:30 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Wife and I finished The Ranch.  So many stupid, forced lines... but we love the show.  It's a guilty pleasure with raunchy language.

Is that really how they are going to end it or is there a part 8 that’s filmed that’s coming?  

Edited by Hook1997
Never mind I googled...

On 11/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, Post Oak said:

Pretty good through a few eps. 

These Scottish women can get it 

Scottish toast that I'll try to remember

Here’s to a long life, and a merry one;

a quick death, and an easy one;

a pretty girl, and an honest one;

a stiff whiskey, and another one.”

• Like 1

New docuseries, “The Devil Next Door”, about John Demjanjuk - begins in 1986 when a retired autoworker from Cleveland is accused of being Ivan the Terrible, a particularly heinous guard from the concentration camp Treblinka.

Five hour long episodes, very interesting and twisty. Definitely recommend.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 11:16 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just started on S2 of kominsky method tonight. 

It’s as great as the first. Jane Seymour still sexy, Douglas is his usual charming self, and Alan Arkin kills me as always. 

Watched the first two eps of season 2 (loved season 1).  Arkin is genius.  Paul Reiser sure has aged.  Really like this show.

Bad Day for the Cut -- a 2017 film set in Ireland.  Adult homebody son who still lives on the farm with his mom goes and gets revenge when someone murders mom.  It held my interest in part because it didn't have the protagonist go all Rambo and turn into some Special Forces badass, but I couldn't get over the fact that Susan Lynch (who played the dish in Waking Ned Devine) played the bad guy . . . er, girl.  The movie also needed subtitles so I could understand what the fuck everyone was saying in their Irish accents.  I'd give it a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.  

On 11/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Bad Day for the Cut -- a 2017 film set in Ireland.  Adult homebody son who still lives on the farm with his mom goes and gets revenge when someone murders mom.  It held my interest in part because it didn't have the protagonist go all Rambo and turn into some Special Forces badass, but I couldn't get over the fact that Susan Lynch (who played the dish in Waking Ned Devine) played the bad guy . . . er, girl.  The movie also needed subtitles so I could understand what the fuck everyone was saying in their Irish accents.  I'd give it a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.  

Next time turn on the captioning. I'm not deaf (daughter is though), and I've gotten to the point where I have them on all the time. It's amazing how much you miss without them - even in a typical American accent.

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The Midway episode is amazing. All the things I've read/watched/heard/knew about WWII and somehow I never learned much about this battle.

I watched that one first. They’re all great, and I learned quite a bit from each, as most of what I knew was from a very American patriotic perspective. 

• Like 1