Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

1 hour ago, Loco said:

The Bill Murray Stories...  short funny and a couple of stories about Austin.  The last 10 mins or so drag, so feel free to turn it off after they start getting philosophical.

tl/dr Bill Murray seems like a good guy

I hung out with him at SXSW about 10 years ago for about 4 hours.  He didn't talk much but when he did it was amusing.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:16 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just started on S2 of kominsky method tonight. 

It’s as great as the first. Jane Seymour still sexy, Douglas is his usual charming self, and Alan Arkin kills me as always. 

Finished it last night. Definitely didn't fall off from season 1. I might have liked it more.  Great show.  

On 4/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, texashorne said:

Free Solo.. Holy Shit. 

Is right.  The fucking brass balls, or aspergers, or whatever the fuck is in your brain that allows you to do that is incomprehensible.  Just watched it and fucking dude has got to be on the spectrum.  Some of those handholds were like a quarter inch deep to hold your body weight.  

6 minutes ago, Loco said:

Nixon was a god damned traitor...  I had no idea...  Fuck that guy

To be honest, I expected Nixon to be an asshole considering everything else he did. I was surprised that Kennedy had the opportunity to end it but was talked out of it because of reelection. And Johnson was just a turd all the way around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

To be honest, I expected Nixon to be an asshole considering everything else he did. I was surprised that Kennedy had the opportunity to end it but was talked out of it because of reelection. And Johnson was just a turd all the way around.

yup...  

i'm sure it's been mentioned on here but i;m not going back to search but really liked shotcaller,  with jaime lannister. 

i'm on a gang/mafia kick right now, within the last 48 hours, ive seen or rewatched the irishman, the departed, godfather 2, and the aforementioned. love true crime and variations of it in the movie genre

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Finished Outlander.  It was good but bordering on a romance novel a little too much for me.  The main woman can be a bit much.

I'm over it but I would probably keep it in my queue if the next season comes up and there's nothing else on

My teen son really liked this, but he even got tired of it after like the 4th season.  Just seemed to jump the shark.   And you can definitely tell after you watch a while that a woman wrote most of it.   Or all of it.  Some of the love scenes were very Harlequin Love Storyish.  Heaving bosom and all.

9 hours ago, iodeac said:

Thoughts on keeping my HD Netflix plan versus upgrading to Ultra HD for a few dollars more? Peaky Blinders on our new TV was razor sharp and I can't even imagine it looking better with the upgraded plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If you do, I'd recommend directly connecting your tv or device to your router. I get a much better 4k feed that way than off wifi.

10 hours ago, iodeac said:

Thoughts on keeping my HD Netflix plan versus upgrading to Ultra HD for a few dollars more? Peaky Blinders on our new TV was razor sharp and I can't even imagine it looking better with the upgraded plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Try it out for a month. 4K HDR does looks even better imo.  If you don't think it's worth, just revert back plan.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm still watching it and Johnson is still the president at the time.  Man, did he fuck things up badly.  I'm not to Nixon yet but he really couldn't have messed things up more or been more deceiving to the American public than Johnson, right?  LBJ comes across as a terrible president in the series.

12 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I'm still watching it and Johnson is still the president at the time.  Man, did he fuck things up badly.  I'm not to Nixon yet but he really couldn't have messed things up more or been more deceiving to the American public than Johnson, right?  LBJ comes across as a terrible president in the series.

Soon

ObviousHardBeagle-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

There's no way ANYONE could be a bigger piece of shit than Johnson.

Nixon:

GIF by Budweiser

Edited by Cheeseweasel

6 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'm watching the first season of Dark, I'm presently on the 3rd episode. It seems really good so far, like a darker version of Stranger Things. I must've been out of the loop on this one, I never heard a peep about it until recently.

I liked the 1st season, but the dubbing is difficult for me to get over. Haven't watched season 2 yet. Not sure if I will because of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Caught marriage story on a flight, damn it’s hell but a really good movie. And reading up on it, they apparently did a damn good depicting the process. Curious to get@hornian s opinion if he’s seen it yet.

Haven't seen it. I'll watch it over the Xmas break (Family law firms essentially shut down for 2 weeks around Christmas). I'm sure it will be uplifiting!

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm in the 3rd episode of the Lucas thing and yeah... fuck these guys.  If you want to really get mad at Texas law enforcement I always recommend reading Nate Blakeslee's Tulia

It doesn’t get better. When the family of homicide victims show more common sense and/or integrity than the police working their cases, that’s ass backwards. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

About to watch marriage story with my wife, I’ll post a review after! 

I really liked it. Adam Driver gives a great performance. Mrs. Scorpio loved it, she was speechless pretty much the entire time and then after it was over she said she was going to stay at her mother's house. Looks like I get to watch some football this afternoon!