Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

man i watched probably the first 7-8 hours of KB's Vietnam doc and then fell off it somewhere. Need to pick that back up. Also started on the Lucas stuff last night, and i'm enjoying it through one episode. 

now then, I need some recs: give me your favorite 3-5 shows/movies currently streaming on netflix. go!

I'm sure it's covered somewhere else, but my review for "The Irishman" is:   Disappointed and overrated.

Slow, choppy, and such a letdown compared to "The Godfather".

My positive comments are good to see the older actors in a movie again and enjoyed the old cars.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Goo Punch said:

man i watched probably the first 7-8 hours of KB's Vietnam doc and then fell off it somewhere. Need to pick that back up. Also started on the Lucas stuff last night, and i'm enjoying it through one episode. 

now then, I need some recs: give me your favorite 3-5 shows/movies currently streaming on netflix. go!

I enjoyed End of the f***ing world.  You'll know in a couple episodes and the episodes are only 20-25 minutes long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylan383 said:

What’s a couple best ones on Netflix? Ozark?

• Narcos (Columbia) Seasons 1& 2
  • Stranger Things
  • Ozark (Awesome)
  • Secret City (Really enjoyed it -- underrated)
  • Mindhunter
  • Breaking Bad (Just in case you haven't seen)
  • BroadChurch
  • Faulty Towers
  • Sex Education
  • The Umbrella Academy
  • Collateral
  • The Fall
  • Glow
  • Derry Girls
  • Russian Doll
  • Bodyguard
  • The Crown
  • Peaky Blinders
  • Narcos Mexico (Watch original Narcos first)
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

overrated. i, and many others here, just couldn't stick with it. for me it was all sizzle, no steak. doesn't hold up at all with the litany of other crime related shows that i watch.

Nothing wrong with Peaky Blinders, many on here are still watching it. It’s had some spots that aren’t great, but this last season was well worth watching.

11 hours ago, Dylan383 said:

I could use a good crime related show. Any recs? Haven’t seen a good one since sneaky Pete, breaking bad/better call Saul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozark is good. Mindhunter is badass if you haven't seen it yet. Altered Carbon is the tits. If you like movies/shows that paint a dystopian future, you will love it.

Even if you don't like that genre, watch it for Detective Ortega... 

spacer.png

There was a thread on this site about the best TV shows ever, and a decent portion of that thread was the PB fanboys claiming it was as good as Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, etc, along with another sizable portion of posters who were like, "uh, no it's not", including several, like me, who watched an entire season or more of PB and could not get into it. 

i don't care if you or anyone else wants to watch PB, go right ahead; maybe it's your cup of tea. just know that the PB fanboys are some of the most defensive and delusional fanboys on the site, and that it's nowhere near the level of any of the shows listed above. it's on par with Ozark and Sons of Anarchy and stuff like that. but don't believe the hype about it being one of the greatest shows ever. it's not. 

Edited by Goo Punch