Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 2/18/2020 at 5:36 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

Watched the Taylor Swift documentary last night.  "Miss Americana."  Better than I thought.  She was surprisingly open and honest.

Under normal circumstances, I'd make fun of you. But, seeing how I just had a daughter, I'm glad that there are female celebrity role models like her who create their own art and aren't just looking for an excuse to wear as little clothing as possible and dry hump inanimate objects.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Under normal circumstances, I'd make fun of you. But, seeing how I just had a daughter, I'm glad that there are female celebrity role models like her who create their own art and aren't just looking for an excuse to wear as little clothing as possible and dry hump inanimate objects.

If you just had a daughter, you'll be taking her to concerts for the Taylor Swift of the day 15 years from now.  Hell, it might still be Taylor Swift.

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

Gotta be mentioned, on Hip Hop Revolution or whatever it is, the newest season has an episode on Houston rap. Good watch, lots of SUC but should be a watch for any fan of Texas rap, or houston history

Actually, that's season 2. Season three recently dropped.

2nd season of “I am a Killer” is out if you’re a true crime doc junkie like me. Not as many interesting stories as season 1 but there’s a couple Texas cases covered. This show & my life experiences really solidify my opinion that cholos tend to be the most honest/sincere people for some reason when it comes to talking about their crimes.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:00 PM, bluto said:

If you want some trash train wreck action, check out love is blind.

The wife and I watched the first episode. That chick from Chicago is clearly going to fall for the meathead guy she "claims" is exactly why she came on the show to avoid. All the while giving up on an actual nice guy she has a connection with because he's a little too young. From the previews looks like there are plenty of fireworks and train wrecks to come. 

Just watched Good Time.  It kept coming up on the splash screen and I was intrigued.  Pretty.... thrilling crime drama.  Robert Pattinson and his intellectually disabled brother rob a bank and events unfold from there.  Looked it up towards the end - directed by the Safdi brothers (also starring one of them as the brother), who directed Uncut Gems which is on my list as soon as it comes up on streaming.  It maybe ended a bit abruptly but I really liked it.

8 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Watched the first two episodes of Gentefied with my GF and we both liked it.  Will be interested to see where it goes.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/gentefied-review-netflix-comedy-east-la-1202212662/

i watched the whole thing, it was good. starz has a similar show 'vida' but with much more hot topless latinas 

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

If you can handle Gervais, S2 of After Life drops 4/24.

Just watched The Invention of Lying on Netflix the other night. If any of you fuckers have not seen it, worth the watch(yes, I know it is over a decade old now).

Saw Dolemite is My Name last night on N, good watch, makes me remember when Eddie was still funny.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, Celery Man said:

Anyone watch the affleck/Hathaway movie?

5 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I did, and I'm torn.

They were trying something very different. It's not an easy watch in how it's directed and written. It takes some concentration and an open mind.

If for no other reason, I like it for that aspect, but it may have been trying to hard. I'll probably re-watch it at some point. It is very well acted.

Completely agree with this take. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. But it was all over the fucking place. Worth watching to see a Hathaway tite.

7 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Dark (German) and Black Spot (French) are very noire and mysterious style shows that my wife and I have really enjoyed. Both two seasons to this point. If you can deal with voice dubs.

You should never watch any of those types of shows with voice dubs. Go into the audio settings and change it back to the original language and watch with subtitles. Much better experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Dark (German) and Black Spot (French) are very noire and mysterious style shows that my wife and I have really enjoyed. Both two seasons to this point. If you can deal with voice dubs.

I just finished up Ragnarok. Although not as good as dark it's somewhat similar. Also only 6 episodes so you can knock it out quick.

“The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” - six part docuseries on the abuse and murder of an eight year old boy at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend.

It’s heavy and I’m so angry at how this boy was failed by everyone.

Shitty lazy social workers, corrupt law enforcement who cover up their failure to do their jobs, and a completely broken family - this case has it all.

I’m anti death penalty but it’s a case like this that makes me want to make an exception.

Watching Gentefied. Liking it a lot so far. America Ferrera produced project about a Mexican family in LA adjusting to gentrification and trying to thrive. Well written, great cast and it's funny.

Edited by RPM

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

“The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” - six part docuseries on the abuse and murder of an eight year old boy at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend.

It’s heavy and I’m so angry at how this boy was failed by everyone.

Shitty lazy social workers, corrupt law enforcement who cover up their failure to do their jobs, and a completely broken family - this case has it all.

I’m anti death penalty but it’s a case like this that makes me want to make an exception.

Watched 3 of these last night. I don't have kids and it's tough for me to stomach watching it. This thing is a fucking heartwrencher