Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

21 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

“The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” - six part docuseries on the abuse and murder of an eight year old boy at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend.

It’s heavy and I’m so angry at how this boy was failed by everyone.

Shitty lazy social workers, corrupt law enforcement who cover up their failure to do their jobs, and a completely broken family - this case has it all.

I’m anti death penalty but it’s a case like this that makes me want to make an exception.

Watching this now. Humans are monsters 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I ain't watching that.  Kind of makes you wonder what possesses someone to make a documentary about that.

Or watch it.

edit - covered int first sentence.  i no comprende words good

Edited by Hmmm
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, apparently, the Gabriel Fernandez saga effected a number of changes in LA County human services and related things, so there's that.

There is no way it couldn't have. The revelations, or at least bringing the actions to light, are astonishing. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I didn’t like it. Didn’t feel as cyberpunk rage against the machine as season 1

I am not sure what happened in last half hour of finale.  I mean I know what happened but it still made zero sense.  

I enjoyed it well enough to finish it.  Mackie wasn’t very good in it and I usually like him.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am not sure what happened in last half hour of finale.  I mean I know what happened but it still made zero sense.  

I enjoyed it well enough to finish it.  Mackie wasn’t very good in it and I usually like him.  

I finished it.  I just didn't really enjoy it.  Or the ending.  Or Mackie.  Or the new AI. 

Watched the first episode of Gentefied. I thought the concept was clever, but they kept introducing new plot lines every 5 minutes and just chucking you in the deep end and forcing a quick catch up, often in 2 different languages. 

It grew tiresome as the episode progressed.

23 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Watched the first episode of Gentefied. I thought the concept was clever, but they kept introducing new plot lines every 5 minutes and just chucking you in the deep end and forcing a quick catch up, often in 2 different languages. 

It grew tiresome as the episode progressed.

I think i got through 3 before I took a break.  Didn't love it, didn't hate it. 

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

I'm about 6 episodes into it but I'm pretty much obsessed with Sex Education right now. Absolutely hilarious but will hit you in the feels as well. Fantastic show. 

Great show! 

3 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

The Gabriel Fernandez series was the toughest watch I've ever seen.  Could have been a combo of holding my 10 month old daughter, having just watched our 8 yo niece all week (same age as GF), or abundance of whiskey, but I had to turn it off a couple of times and take a break.

After reading about this tragic story I don’t think I can watch it. 

14 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

One episode in on Giri/Haji and it’s solid. A Tokyo detective goes to London to investigate if his assumed dead yakuza brother is responsible for a murder.

Watched the first and half of the second last night, I am really digging it.

A few great one liners so far:

Spoiler

Elderly Japanese father: "Little bastard is lucky he didn't lose his cock."

Cop partner in Japan: "He looks like a sex tourist."