Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

27 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Some dickhead hacked my account and changed the email on it. I’ve had Netflix on speaker phone for hours while i was doing other things, no one answered. They don’t have an email address, I’m beyond frustrated.

So you don't recommend Netflix? 

Me and the wife watched Outbreak a couple nights ago bc she'd never seen it. I hadn't seen it since around when it came out on VHS and I remember as a kid it scared the shit out of me thinking that could possibly happen. Anyway, still a really good movie...the first 3/4 of the movie anyway. Then it kind of went a little too full 90's action movie ham at the end.

9 hours ago, BayouBill said:

Also, wife is a nurse practitioner and watching any medical based show with her quickly turns into her critiquing or just laughing at all the wrong stuff they do...it's maddening.

My wife's an RN and I get the same shit constantly it's so obnoxious.

Binge watched "Valhalla Murders".

First few episodes were just ok, but it got better later. Fyi the English dubbing is not an exact match for the captions.  Acting was average, but really enjoyed Iceland scenery...

My rating is 2 1/2 stars, but it's an ok watch while we all have social distance... 

Edited by LTtxfan

Me and the wife watched Outbreak a couple nights ago bc she'd never seen it. I hadn't seen it since around when it came out on VHS and I remember as a kid it scared the shit out of me thinking that could possibly happen. Anyway, still a really good movie...the first 3/4 of the movie anyway. Then it kind of went a little too full 90's action movie ham at the end.

I watched it yesterday. Donald Sutherland’s character was a bit cartoonish.

I watched a doc on Chicago (the band). It mirrors the real life arc of the band to an ironic degree. It was great at the beginning, it was pretty good right up until Terry Kath died, and once it became the Peter Cetera show, I turned it off. Just like I do when one of his ballads comes on the radio.

Also, it confirmed two things I’ve always believed. Terry Kath is the most underrated guitarist in rock history and Peter Cetera sucks total ass.

I watched it yesterday. Donald Sutherland’s character was a bit cartoonish.

I watched a doc on Chicago (the band). It mirrors the real life arc of the band to an ironic degree. It was great at the beginning, it was pretty good right up until Terry Kath died, and once it became the Peter Cetera show, I turned it off. Just like I do when one of his ballads comes on the radio.

Also, it confirmed two things I’ve always believed. Terry Kath is the most underrated guitarist in rock history and Peter Cetera sucks total ass.

Mentioned this in the other thread. Dustin Hoffman is badly casted in my opinion. Doesn’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

The Oklahoma weirdos? Or am I thinking about something else 

Peak Oklahoma methheads + Florida man/woman + Myrtle Beach sister wives guru + a little bit of Vegas con man thrown in.  This show sets the standard for truth being stranger than fiction.  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, BayouBill said:

Contagion is corona virus on steroids, step by step 

Tiger King is quite a watch.  The incredible egos and heightened levels of self-importance of the three main personalities is staggering.  

When crazy cat woman uttered something along the lines of "growing up I had no friends but I got along with cats" that said it all to me.   People like that are already off into the deep end.  

3 episodes deep and looking forward to the rest. 

Just watched the documentary Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool.  Well done.  I was more a fan of the Sketches in Spain to Quiet Nights era, and I didn't care as much for Bitches Brew onward, so I learned a lot about him in those days.  I had turned my interest more to Folk, Rock, and Country by that time, so I didn't pay much attention to his music anymore.

Also love the Birth of the Cool sessions.

Edited by abuelo gringo
  • Like 2

Tiger King-

My sister in law's aunt was married to the Tiger King's brother that died. He named the ZOO after him His was a good stand up guy. My brother went to the bother's funereal back in the 90s. After her aunt remarried, Joe the Tiger King told them to fuck off and never spoke to them again. My brother knew none of this happened until he watched this doc. He vaguely remembered some guy on the side of the family having a zoo.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, Neonmoon said:

The Animal People 

NOTICE: Do not watch if you can't handle seeing dogs abused. We had to turn it off when they showed footage of Labs experimenting on dogs. 

Yes, I too turn off a show when I realize it takes place in College Station, except for aggy football of course, because that shit’s just hilarious. 

On 3/20/2020 at 11:16 PM, Go Pokes said:

But it will still make you want to turn on a Karate Kid movie, won't it?

♫I am a man who would fight for your honor♫

And Myrtle Beach for the trifecta!

Observation for those watching:

I’ve heard that looking up is a sign of lying. I don’t know if that’s true but Carole does it EVERY time she’s saying something significant about what happened to her husband. It’s creepy.

Can you imagine going through this stuff back in the nineties with nineties entertainment options instead of streaming services like Netflix? I mean back in the day when families had one, maybe two big crt televisions and at most one computer with a compuserve connection? I tried to tell some young guys at work about how cable was fifty bucks back in the nineties and more for premium channels but every channel was just a constant stream of 2-star movies all day. In that sense, Netflix and all the streaming options are a slight improvement.

Anyway, I finally finished The Irishman and Highwaymen this weekend.