Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Gods of Egypt w/ Gerard Butler.

Quite terrible CGI vomit but it does have some attractive women in skimpy clothing.

I can't believe they scammed the new Zealand government in paying 100M to fund that shitshow (got huge grant for filming it there)

I’m a Tokyo guy.  I thought the same thing before I watched it, but they do such a good job it’s really not that noticeable. 

Burned thru 2 seasons of Money Heist over the weekend. I guess the titles never caught my attention before when I browsed over it. It’s very good...they should have kept it as Casa de Papel title and would have caught my eye sooner.

Tokyo is obnoxious though. Besides always screwing up, I cant stand how she walks...trying to be too like Resident Evil chic.

Season 3 is different but still great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosign on really liking Innocence Files. Put together really well and some interesting stuff I had no idea about, explained very well. 

And whole bunches of rage provoking.

Yeah. As much as I thought I couldn’t hate anyone more than Dr. West, the series just kept parading worthless pieces of shit out over and over agin for me to despise just as much.

ETA: No CR, but fuck Texas AG Paxton for opposing compensation for Alfred Brown, with his whole bullshit about the withheld records possibly proving Brown’s guilt.

• Like 1

Extraction - Chris Hemsworth is a mercenary hired to rescue a drug lord's kidnapped teenage son in Mumbai. Solid shoot 'em up flick. No hammers were involved, but Thor's handy with a rake when the opportunity arises. Good times.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, PilotsError said:

Fauda season three just dropped.  Or at least I just now got the notification.  If you liked 24, and are OK with subtitles, this is a GREAT show.  

Love that show. Starting it tonight

Edited by Zepol87

On 4/20/2020 at 11:07 PM, Gourmand said:

I'm surprised there's been so much talk about dubbing vs subtitles and no discussion of The Innocence Files. I realize that the justice system docuseries genre is crowded but it's worth watching and very well done. 

On a related note, I'm surprised that no one has done a documentary on Michael Morton yet. His story is equally compelling, heartbreaking, and inspirational as Franky Carrillo or Levon Brooks. 

I know a real life one of these...sure wish I could get the innocence projects attention.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:13 PM, Sbbruin said:

Just went on a bike ride with the kids.  Passed this house which is a couple of blocks from ours.  Anyone recognize it?  If you ask me, I'd say it has a dope front lawn.  And currently streaming on Netflix.

1ce4f5483fba94680cfe13c0fd07eb4c.jpg

House was built in 1825 by General Custer

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gecko said:

I’m going to rewatch Extraction and try and get a body count. Question: when he tosses a grenade into a vehicle and the 4 guys standing nearby hit the ground after the explosion, do I count those as kills? Fun movie...

After watching, I would go with yes. I’m going to say 150, but that feels low.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, immortal13 said:

Anyone watching Waco? First episode was really good

Yes we watched 4 last night and the final 2 this morning. It was good. It gives you a little different perspective of the events than what was reported at the time.

There were some bad decisions made by the Davidians and Law enforcement. 

• Like 1

I may have brought this up earlier but if any of y’all haven’t seen Tucker and Dale vs Evil you should watch it. I’ve watched a lot of movies this year, a lot of different types of movies, and that may be the one I think the most about. Horror comedy, spring breakers in the woods think they are being terrorized by evil hillbillies who are actually nice guys just trying to fix up their new cabin. Top two wood chipper scene in all of cinema.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Started S2 of After Life last night. Still depressing with spurts of hilarity. The therapist had me rolling. 

I'm really enjoying After Life.  Gervais is great. Lots of laughs with the occasional dusty room syndrome.  Well done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

I'm really enjoying After Life.  Gervais is great. Lots of laughs with the occasional dusty room syndrome.  Well done.

I like season 2 better than season 1. Critics are slamming season 2 saying it’s the same old shit but to me that is grieving. Having some better days and then all of the sadness comes rushing back. 

4 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

I like season 2 better than season 1. Critics are slamming season 2 saying it’s the same old shit but to me that is grieving. Having some better days and then all of the sadness comes rushing back. 

Psychiatrist Thoros is like The Office’s Chris Finch for the online generation. Gervais can cast some absolute wankers.

somehow the lady of the evening/postman relationship felt plausible.

Saw extraction. Good stuff. My wife sat down telling me some people were bitching that they put that Hollywood filter on it to make it look dirtier.

We both chuckled when the first 5 minutes in India showed nice looking long shots of the city and city life. The gritty filter didn’t start until the violence kicked in.

People will find anything to bitch about. We both liked it a lot.

Also for those that might not know.

Norsemen - damn funny take on all the Viking craze going on. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it here but we’ve loved that show.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:27 AM, 4th&Five said:

Started S2 of After Life last night. Still depressing with spurts of hilarity. The therapist had me rolling. 

The therapist in Season 2 really knocks it out of the park. Hilarious

Also, this last two episodes were incredibly sad.